New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

I tried putting a full-stop (assuming that is what you mean by "period") both before and after my email address, only then to be informed in each case that it wasn't valid!????

Try the full stop in the middle. For example if your email is [email protected], try [email protected]. Someone earlier in this discussion gave an actual working example, so if this doesn't work, go back a few pages.

• Thanks 1

Well I tried to register first using a gmail email account , no good . Then I tried a tutanota email account , no good . Then I tried using a protonmail email account and this time every thing worked and I managed to register. I only supplied my passport ( jpeg image ) and no medical details .

V1.jpg

V2.jpg

V3.jpg

V4.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

It's not instant, my email took over an hour to arrive.

Still waiting but I got an email using a different email.. I will ignore this one when/if it arrives. I am apparently registered.

After pressing register I got Error #476… Then when I repress the email link I get to “Registration SUCCESS” page.

No Email confirmation received. Does it send out a confirmation mail??

Anyway now I don’t know if I am registered or not. What a joke this is!

I realize I'm in the apparent minority here, but I was able to get thru this morning shortly after 11 am on my first try, and received the confirming email from MFA shortly thereafter. Call it luck of the draw.

--------------------------------------------

Sun 8/1/2021 11:17 AM

You have registered this email for the FIRST dose of the COVID-19 vaccination. Please click on the following link to begin your registration :

[removed link for privacy]

Please prepare the following documents for the pre-registration:
1. Passport or official identification document (pdf/jpeg)
2. Official medical certificate confirming the diagnosis of the underlying medical condition(s) (pdf/jpeg)

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply.

PS - my registration was done with a regular Hotmail.com address.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

All 3 of my original email attempts just got a reply with a link.

one at a .mac address one a .gmail one at yahoo.

All arrived about 3 hours after I tried - 2pm and just after.

So, be patient guys something might turn up.

RAZZ

2 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

All 3 of my original email attempts just got a reply with a link.

one at a .mac address one a .gmail one at yahoo.

All arrived about 3 hours after I tried - 2pm and just after.

So, be patient guys something might turn up.

RAZZ

I think i saw some others here who have been successful when they like me used a protonmail email account , just a thought ????

15 minutes ago, skatewash said:

That doesn't match with what the MoPH posted this weekend, which indicates the 150,000 dose portion originally slated for foreign nationals now will be shared between foreign nationals and the Thai students/diplomats portion (who were originally slated to have a 45,000 dose allocation of their own).

677060825_2021-08-01Pfizerallocation.thumb.jpg.6069349c0737b6faf7fb1e2f0c204a3c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thaimoph/photos/a.117672836509295/367868068156436/?type=3

I think someone's yanking our chain.... or at least attempting to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That doesn't match with what the MoPH posted this weekend, which indicates the 150,000 dose portion originally slated for foreign nationals now will be shared between foreign nationals and the Thai students/diplomats portion (who were originally slated to have a 45,000 dose allocation of their own).

677060825_2021-08-01Pfizerallocation.thumb.jpg.6069349c0737b6faf7fb1e2f0c204a3c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thaimoph/photos/a.117672836509295/367868068156436/?type=3

I think someone's yanking our chain.... or at least attempting to.

I don't think so.  The announcement I posted is 3 hours old on the MFA facebook page.  It is in translation so when they say "some 150,000" vaccines I guess they could mean some part of the 150,000.  We will see, I guess.

• Like 1

My gmail.com address is like [email protected]. But this address says is already in use. So I add a period and make it [email protected]. It works.

But on form in the first locked field is this email address with a period. That's not my email address, am afraid wouldn't get follow on msgs. So try sending an email from a hotmail email address to [email protected] and I receive it in [email protected]

Does gmail know that [email protected] and [email protected] are the same?

After going through ~20 emails, I just now got in and could fill out all information. I did nothing different. Each email had a sequential number, same computer, etc. So

Since I had AZ in June, I declined to push submit. I assume FIRST dose means never having been vaccinated before, not the first dose of 2 in the series.

Edit, none of my 19 earlier emails have yet received delayed notification.

Edited by rabas

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

They want a copy of your passport and a copy of your visa, but the registration form only accepts 1 photo and not 2.

Same as me sir, I use & only have access to a Samsung tablet, so they just got a copy of my passport page, if they want more then they'll have to ask for it. 

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

After going through ~20 emails, I just now got in and could fill out all information. I did nothing different. Each email had a sequential number, same computer, etc. So

Since I had AZ in June, I declined to push submit. I assume FIRST dose means never having been vaccinated before, not the first dose of 2 in the series.

Correct.  Offer only open to people who have received no prior covid vax.

5 minutes ago, nottin said:

My gmail.com address is like [email protected]. But this address says is already in use. So I add a period and make it [email protected]. It works.

But on form in the first locked field is this email address with a period. That's not my email address, am afraid wouldn't get follow on msgs. So try sending an email from a hotmail email address to [email protected] and I receive it in [email protected]

Does gmail know that [email protected] and [email protected] are the same?

I believe gmail strips out any period (.) from email address in its domain before trying to resolve to the correct one.

Received the registration email about 3 hours after entering my email address. Filled in the info and took a pdf of passport info page + visa stamp (retirement), all on one page. Sent off and immediately received the 'successfully registered' email. So, just awaiting the appointment email.

Am in Pattaya and have an appointment with MedPark, Bangkok on 6th (for 1st dose). If this new registration gives me an appointment prior to that, at a closer vaccination centre, I will cancel MedPark. If not I will go ahead with Medpark and then ignore any subsequent email from this new scheme.

Edited by dabhand

16 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Have they now secured the personal data, including the attached passport images, that are submitted via the form ?

Well that's not an easy question to answer. Within about 30 minutes of Richard Barrow posting the issue, I found that the admin page that was accessible was no longer accessible. So yes, they shut down access to the database admin page. Does that mean that all of your personal data is secure? That's a different question entirely. 

I finally got the email with registration link... feeling very uneasy about uploading my passport photo which includes my personal info (name/DOB) and my signature. Bearing in mind how easy these sites are to hack... anyone else reluctant to do it or am I overthinking this??

22 minutes ago, Bill Poster said:

I think i saw some others here who have been successful when they like me used a protonmail email account , just a thought ????

Protonmail worked. My other earlier attempts to register all got an email reply after a few hours.

RAZZ