Wall of CM Covid Vaccination Appointment

lexilis

4 hours ago, Tracyb said:

Sinovac as #1.  Astra Zeneca due on 8/21

Reason I have refused Sino-anything is the US is about to invoke a vaccine requirement and Sino-whatever will not be on the list as an acceptable vaccine.  Have to be there every year for 3 months. 

I went to McCormick hospital today. The check-in was one big mess and the queue was more than 1 hour long.

There were several points in their queuing system which caused more confusion. Why can't they just have one registration point and one vaccination point?

I counted point A (where they give you a number), then point B (which is a false point), then point C (when they call out your number), then point D (when they asked about our allergies etc), then point E (for the real vaccination). 

All points have different staff managing it....lol

For the people here who constantly told us that 'nobody' (both Thai and foreigners) wants Sinovac, there is certainly a very, very long queue of westerners who wanted it today. I wonder why.

When I left 2 hours after I came, the queue was still snaking long....

Edited by EricTh

8 hours ago, Tracyb said:

Totally agree!  I’ve had one jab….#2 due in two weeks!

What is the duration between your first and second jab? Was it two or three weeks?

Edited by EricTh

12 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Did anyone have any side effects after the first jab?

I had a mild headache for six hours after the first jab but everything seems to be normal now.

Just a mildly tender shoulder pain from the shot itself. And that has lessened considerably. 

I’m hoping after the 2nd jab, we can get some information on antibodies and efficacy. I’m willing to volunteer and have blood drawn. I do believe we will have some protection from serious illness and/or hospitalization. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SamSanuk said:

Just a mildly tender shoulder pain from the shot itself. And that has lessened considerably. 

I’m hoping after the 2nd jab, we can get some information on antibodies and efficacy. I’m willing to volunteer and have blood drawn. I do believe we will have some protection from serious illness and/or hospitalization. 

The efficacy has already been published several times in Thailand if you had read Bangkokpost, It's above 95% efficacy.

Of course, there will always be skeptics, so you can volunteer to have your blood drawn, they might charge you for the test.

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 3:36 PM, DrPhibes said:

Reason I have refused Sino-anything is the US is about to invoke a vaccine requirement and Sino-whatever will not be on the list as an acceptable vaccine.  Have to be there every year for 3 months. 

Might be of Interest for EU/UK travellers..Travel: Only 7 EU/Schengen Countries RecogniseChina’s Sinovac Vaccine as Valid Proof of Immunity    https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/travel-only-6-eu-schengen-countries-recognise-chinas-sinovac-vaccine-as-valid-proof-of-immunity/

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

Did anyone have any side effects after the first jab?

I had a mild headache for six hours after the first jab but everything seems to be normal now.

Zero side effects so far.  Had mine on Monday.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rinrada said:

Might be of Interest for EU/UK travellers..Travel: Only 7 EU/Schengen Countries RecogniseChina’s Sinovac Vaccine as Valid Proof of Immunity    https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/travel-only-6-eu-schengen-countries-recognise-chinas-sinovac-vaccine-as-valid-proof-of-immunity/

Things change so fast that by next year, every major western country will have herd immunity and don't really care whether you are vaccinated or not.

More countries in the future might accept Sinovac/Astrazeneca once they figured out that the negative perception is due to political propaganda.

It is 12 countries in Europe including the five below. Quote

According to a new tool developed by VisaGuide.World, which enables travellers to check the validity of their vaccine when travelling abroad, the following EU/Schengen Area countries accept Sinovac as valid proof of immunity:

1. Austria
  2. Finland
  3. Greece
  4. Iceland
  5. Netherlands
  6. Spain
  7. Switzerland

In the meantime, five other countries located on the continent of Europe also accept the Sinovac vaccine as valid proof of immunity for travel. These countries are:

1. Albania
  2. Armenia
  3. Georgia
  4. Macedonia
  5. Serbia

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Things change so fast that by next year, every major western country will have herd immunity and don't really care whether you are vaccinated or not.

More countries in the future might accept Sinovac/Astrazeneca once they figured out that the negative perception is due to political propaganda.

It is 12 countries in Europe including the five below. Quote

According to a new tool developed by VisaGuide.World, which enables travellers to check the validity of their vaccine when travelling abroad, the following EU/Schengen Area countries accept Sinovac as valid proof of immunity:

1. Austria
  2. Finland
  3. Greece
  4. Iceland
  5. Netherlands
  6. Spain
  7. Switzerland

In the meantime, five other countries located on the continent of Europe also accept the Sinovac vaccine as valid proof of immunity for travel. These countries are:

1. Albania
  2. Armenia
  3. Georgia
  4. Macedonia
  5. Serbia

Always liked the Netherlands. ????

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Monday when I get my second jab I meant to say.

The week of second AZ shots at McCormick should be less hectic than the week of Sinovax shots, where many walk ins flooded the system. This upcoming week (I'm scheduled for Wed) should only have folks that got their Sinovax shots three weeks prior showing up -- a known number that can be adequately planned for. Just hope they have enough AZ doses to go around.......

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JimGant said:

The week of second AZ shots at McCormick should be less hectic than the week of Sinovax shots, where many walk ins flooded the system. This upcoming week (I'm scheduled for Wed) should only have folks that got their Sinovax shots three weeks prior showing up -- a known number that can be adequately planned for. Just hope they have enough AZ doses to go around.......

The walk-in announcement on the internet screwed things up and I had to queue for more than 1 hour to get vaccinated even though I had an appointment on that day.

It should have been a waiting time of only 15 minutes if everybody went on appointment date.

Hopefully, we won't have the same long queue problem next week. I am also scheduled for next week. lol

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, orang37 said:

Is walk-in still possible ?

thanks, ~o:37;

They know how many people got the first Sinovac shot, and I would assume that they will only get the matching amount of AZ shots.

There might of course be a few people who don't show up. But I think the chance that these doses will be used as booster shots for medical personnel is higher than that they would give them to random walk-ins, but who knows, I'm just speculating.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, orang37 said:

Is walk-in still possible ?

thanks, ~o:37;

I hope they do allow them but only after those with appointments for their 2nd jab are completed at the beginning of this week.  

The appointment system for the 1st jab went very well and I am hoping they have the same procedures in place this week. 

I do not want to see hordes of walk in people "queuing" outside when I arrive today!

Many people simply refuse to sign up for their shots, and then bitch about not getting them when they want them. Obviously, and with good reason, they are providing vaccines for those more at risk first; elderly and with pre-existing health care needs will be taken care of before the 30yr olds.

I signed up with every local board that was available to me... and waited.

Finally one came through and I was able to get my first shot of Pfizer last Friday at McCormick Hospital. They were very careful to screen out people who were trying to be walk-ins, requiring a copy of the appointment notification, then verifying passport number with sign-up registrations. The process was very smooth and efficient, and I was in and out in just over an hour, with most of that being the 30 minute requirement to sit and wait after the shot. I'll get a second shot of Pfizer in three weeks. Then hopefully, there will be a booster shot available in 6-8 months.

You can still sign up. But if you are a youngster, be prepared to wait a bit longer while they take care of us Old Fogies first.

• Like 1

Did anybody get their second shot this week? Can you tell us your experience of waiting time before getting the shot?

I hope there won't be a reoccurrence of the walk-in madness two weeks ago resulting in long queue to the end of the car park.

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

Many people simply refuse to sign up for their shots, and then bitch about not getting them when they want them. Obviously, and with good reason, they are providing vaccines for those more at risk first; elderly and with pre-existing health care needs will be taken care of before the 30yr olds.

I signed up with every local board that was available to me... and waited.

Finally one came through and I was able to get my first shot of Pfizer last Friday at McCormick Hospital. They were very careful to screen out people who were trying to be walk-ins, requiring a copy of the appointment notification, then verifying passport number with sign-up registrations. The process was very smooth and efficient, and I was in and out in just over an hour, with most of that being the 30 minute requirement to sit and wait after the shot. I'll get a second shot of Pfizer in three weeks. Then hopefully, there will be a booster shot available in 6-8 months.

You can still sign up. But if you are a youngster, be prepared to wait a bit longer while they take care of us Old Fogies first.

How did you manage to get Pfizer at the same hospital as everyone else ? Did you specifically ask for it?

Edited by EricTh

28 minutes ago, EricTh said:

How did you manage to get Pfizer at the same hospital as everyone else ? Did you specifically ask for it?

They have started vaccinating older people with Pfizer who have registered through Expatvac website that was set up by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. A neighbour of mine got his Pfizer first shot on Saturday 21st Aug. 

• Like 1

Things moving a wee bit...Was offered an appointment (Pfizer) at Bumrungrad for tomorow.Sadly had to cancel..they were most understanding and even called me back to discuss.Last time I was in there was 30 years ago when I had a bit of an accident in Cambodia.( UNV) and would have liked to see it again...but mai pen R.. Easier to get a flight from Kabul..than CM....Still heard nothing from my now.. 7 other registrations..

40 minutes ago, EricTh said:

No, I didn't ask for it, although it was what I was waiting for. When I received my notification (the day before my appointment,) it specifically said that I would be receiving Pfizer. When I got to McCormick, there were signs at every computer station saying that it would be Pfizer that was being given, and if we did not want it, to please cancel out appointment. Staff doing the appointment checks verifying that we did, in fact, have and appointment and not a walk-in, also specifically stated that we were to be given Pfizer, and if we wanted something other to please cancel.  Just luck of the draw, I guess.

• Like 1

Received my second shot at McCormick today.  Astra Zeneca. Process was more efficient than the first and took about an hour. Curious though. There is a sign in the sitting area where you wait for your number to be called. Actually two signs, written in Thai with a few English words. The one on the left is clearly saying something about "Shot 1 Sinovac" and "Shot 2 AZ". The one on the right says "Shot 3" with could be AZ or Phizer. And it uses the words "Booster Shot" This is the first I have heard anything about a third "Booster Shot". Anybody know more about this?

• Like 1

Just had my second shot, this one AZ, at McC today.  Just as efficient as last time.  Asked if I wanted a certificate. Said yes and had it delivered at the same time as the Blood pressure check.  All done in 45 Minutes.

Did not appear to be any walk ins as no queuing in eveidence and everyone seemed to have the little green card with the 3 digit number.

• Like 1