Gasoline or gasahol? So confused

Hi again guys,

This time im confused about the fuel i should use for the best result. 

Mazda cx30sp 2021 manuel says e10, e20, e85 and 95. Only 4 kind. Seller strictly told me no 91. Ok

Of course i will use 95. But which one?? Have 2 types of 95. Gasoline and gasahol. Now not sure thai manuel but USA manuel says use unleaded gas or fuel. 

So which one is unleaded.. gasoline or gasahol. Or i can use both? Or it doesnt matter as long as it says 95? Or what is the best for my  car? 

Also i checked some website and everyone kimda agreed that shell is the best. Is it? I always prefer ptt or esso. Which reminds me another thing. Today i filled my tank second time since i bought and saw 2 95 at caltex.. 1 was normal 95 and the other was gold95.. (both orange color) pump boy explained me i can use both but gold95 is more expensive. It take cares engine..

So whats the best for my car... 

Thanks

Edited by problemfarang
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, driver52 said:

no way that stuff is a load o pish! it has 15% ethanol in it.......ethanol is not good for your engine, your pipes (it dries them out)

I know newer cars are more 'tolerant' of it (apparently) but I'd avoid the ethanol stuff like the plague

can you get 98 octane in Thailand?

No 98. The best is 95.. so i think i will go with 95

Car manuel says e10, e85, e20 and 95 thats all

If im not mistaken 95 is also the most expensive in normal gasohols. 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Car manuel says e10, e85, e20 and 95 thats all

That's pretty much all that's available (other than diesel, LPG and NGV), 91 and 95 are both E10 anyway.

As above E20 seems to be the happy medium but E85 is cheaper.

Try them all and see which suits your driving style best.

• Like 1

I read somewhere a while back that there's issues with all gasohol/ethanol blends in regard to the direct injection which these modern Mazda engines employ. As I understand it, because the valve intake is only air with no fuel, the engine can coke/foul up over time if you use an ethanol blend, meaning a top end strip down is required around the 100 kay mark to clean the valve trains of the engine.

The cleaning action of benzine 95 is supposed to mitigate this intake valve build up.

Would be interested to hear from more learned members on the forum if this is the case or not.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

But E85 is more expensive if you take the actual energy content into account. So there is no reason to use E85, costs more, and you need to refill more often.

Use E20, it's the cheapest.

Probably correct but I've never done the sums, only our mower and genset burn petrol (they used to get "real" 95 until the local outlet stopped selling it). All our vehicles burn diesel, even cheaper.

9 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Im also reading good things about E85.. what you guys are thinking? Many websites say its actually good for engine. Cleans all fuel systems and all.

The only problem is you ???? use E85 if you can get it, if not available at a garage where you stop for petrol you can use E20.

Both are the cheapest fuel usually no need to pay more. .

With your car you can use all petroleum available in any garage, you can use 91 as well,  the guy who told you that you can't hasn't a clue. 

I would always advise someone to stick to the same fuel available to you in your area. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

If you ask for "benzine" you will get 100% gasoline. PTT, Caltex and PT have it in most major stations, bright yellow pump sign. Shell 95 is NOT 100% gasoline, no matter what they tell you, but probably ok for most vehicles.

Some years back Toyota in UK had problems with Shells' additives fouling up the engine, it took a while to work it out then they added a disclaimer to their warranty, disallowing Shell fuels in certain vehicles.

• Like 2

Im more concern about my engine. I dont mind spending some extra money for the fuel to protect the engine. I just scare if i use e20 or similars instead of 95 to damage the engine after 5 6 years. 

I have all gas stations around my house. And they have everything. 

But it seems thats not the case. I think i will stick with 95 or e20

Thanks guys. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

I just scare if i use e20 or similars instead of 95 to damage the engine after 5 6 years. 

Again: you have a brand new car. The models are running on all fuels since years.

"Flexfuel" motors exist since about 10 years. Mine is from 2011 and not yet specified for E85 otherwise I would have tried this too.

Very old cars (like 15 year old or more) might have problems with E20.

Our old Toyota (17 years) runs on Gasohol 95 as millions of other cars.

If you see a Thai person with an ordinary car at the Benzene (Petrol) 95 pump, take a picture.

• Like 1

I usually put Gasohol 91 in my 2011 CRV. Sometime Gasohol 95 just for no particular reason. KM/L probably works out the same.  

So I don't go to Shell because they don't sell Gasohol 91 and their Gasohol 95 is hugely expensive because they say the additives are worth it. Sure.

24 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Again: you have a brand new car. The models are running on all fuels since years.

"Flexfuel" motors exist since about 10 years. Mine is from 2011 and not yet specified for E85 otherwise I would have tried this too.

If you see a Thai person with an ordinary car at the Benzene (Petrol) 95 pump, take a picture.

My wife always sticks in gasohol 95 in her swift. She compains about it not running as well on e20. Fuel consumption on e20 is worse as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

thanks for the useful info. 

the higher the alcohol percentage the better for the environment and worse for your car.

it's an easy choice: if you love your car - use benzine, if you love the environment - use alcohol.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

After 128000 km my engine runs smooth as silk on E20 or Gasohol 95.

the car just recovers from E20 shít every time you use the Gasohol 95.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

From the specs of Mazda CX30:

mazdacx30.jpg

Unleaded gasoline (petrol/benzene) or Gasohol E10 E20 and E85, 95 octane.

So just 91 octane (Gasohol 91) excluded.

As the OP described.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fdsa said:

the higher the alcohol percentage the better for the environment and worse for your car.

it's an easy choice: if you love your car - use benzine, if you love the environment - use alcohol.

the car just recovers from E20 shít every time you use the Gasohol 95.

I take it you're an engineer with no experience what so ever. ????

5 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Im more concern about my engine. I dont mind spending some extra money for the fuel to protect the engine. I just scare if i use e20 or similars instead of 95 to damage the engine after 5 6 years. 

I have all gas stations around my house. And they have everything. 

But it seems thats not the case. I think i will stick with 95 or e20

Thanks guys. 

Can you do some reading up from experienced engineers instead of listening to Thai salesmanship.

• Haha 1