Gasoline or gasahol? So confused

9 minutes ago, huyuli said:

What should i use for a 1989 Toyota Corolla? Thanks.

The regular 91 should be just fine, move up to 95 if you think it's knocking a bit under acceleration. Don't try the higher ethanol fuels.

3 hours ago, fdsa said:

the higher the alcohol percentage the better for the environment and worse for your car.

it's an easy choice: if you love your car - use benzine, if you love the environment - use alcohol.

You better do some research into the lies about ethanol being better for the environment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, driver52 said:

if that stuff has 20% ethanol in it you should run like Forest Gump away from it ????

Why, my run around is built to run on E20, it is now 6 years old and is still running sweet....????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NumbNut said:

The cleaning action of benzine 95 is supposed to mitigate this intake valve build up.

If it is direct injection the benzine 95 never sees the intake system as it is injected as the intake valves are closing.

Modern SkyActive engines run very high compression ratios, almost in diesel territory and they sometimes run with compression ignition. Ethanol has an octane rating of 110-ish. If the manual says 95 or higher than that is what you should use. 

Edited by VocalNeal

51 minutes ago, driver52 said:

if that stuff has 20% ethanol in it you should run like Forest Gump away from it ????

why?

not a helpful post, unless you give a reason

trying to increase your post count

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve187 said:

trying to increase your post count

eh? I couldn't give a cr@p about my post count.......I gave the reasons why ethanol is p00 yesterday

Strange how Europe the makers of the best car engines in the world isn't using 20% ethanol eh?

Good day to you grandad!!

Edited by driver52

4 minutes ago, driver52 said:

eh? I couldn't give a cr@p about my post count.......I gave the reasons why ethanol is p00 yesterday

Strange how Europe the makers of the best car engines in the world isn't using 20% ethanol eh?

Good day to you grandad!!

some people are born knowing everything, some learn by life experiences, The UK are just changing to E10, Thailand are ahead of the curve, most new cars here are designed to run on E20, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, driver52 said:

555 - best in the world ! I take it you mean BMW and MB ?

the Plastic Fantastic of car engines ?

Europe moving toward E20 -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Europe moving toward E20

unlikely when E85 isn't even gaining traction and they now want everyone in something electric! ????

apart from the 'Plastic Fantastic' they made some quite impressive 3 cylinder engines too!

I'd forget about what the UK are doing, they're a basket case and in the pockets of the Yankees now so things can only get worse ????

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I take it you're an engineer with no experience what so ever. ????

Can you do some reading up from experienced engineers instead of listening to Thai salesmanship.

Good to see you back Trans, I for one have missed you just like so many guys they were here and have left for one reason or another.

• Like 2

I have an 7 year old mitsu. The book said to use 91, which I did at first. Then I read that it was one of the cars that got better mileage on the E20 so I tried it. I felt that it run  and accelerate better. I have used it ever since (6 years). I had been told I should run some 95 (91 no longer available in my area )every so often, but have never done so. Still running great.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steve187 said:

use e20, seems to be the norm for newer cars

all fuels are unleaded,

yellow gasoline is ethanol free, its 95 and the dearest at 35+ baht

in Thailand they refer to 95 (no ethanol) as "benzene". If you say "benzene", they all know what you are referring to. I used to use it for my scooter as it performed better, but about 1 month ago, the only places (I knew of 2) I could buy it in Pattaya stopped selling it.

13 hours ago, JensenZ said:

in Thailand they refer to 95 (no ethanol) as "benzene". If you say "benzene", they all know what you are referring to. I used to use it for my scooter as it performed better, but about 1 month ago, the only places (I knew of 2) I could buy it in Pattaya stopped selling it.

"benzene" and "95" are different fuels, there is "95" with alcohol ("gasohol 95") and without ("benzene 95").

34 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

my car says use E20 , but can E85 also be used ??

Use E85 only if car is explicitly specified for (check manual or ask dealer).

It's not about damage but the motor control (ECU) has to be prepared for (longer injection time).

1 hour ago, transam said:

It is a 3 cylinder 998cc Suzuki

Boosterjet? It's an interesting engine, even more interesting is that Suzuki has stopped producing it now! Maybe it proved too unreliable for them to keep producing it? ????

Out of interest what car is it in? The Baleno looks like an interesting run around but I haven't seen that with the 998cc in Thailand.....

Edited by driver52

57 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

my car says use E20 , but can E85 also be used ??

you do realise that E85 means 85% ethanol? E20 is 20%, so it's highly unlikely that you can use E85

Even CNG cars failed to take off in Europe.......the world is moving towards electric cars, looks like 'deep state' wants to get rid of ICE completely

Some of you may have cottoned on that I think this ethanol stuff is a load o sh!te, it's just not gonna cotton on ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

your knowledge of motor vehicle engines and fuels could fill a postage stamp

sure but I do know ethanol is corrosive and I also know GM make the biggest set of sh!te vehicles ever......which is why in over 10 years they failed to make a profit in Europe ????

Edited by driver52
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1