PM Prayut orders Public Health Ministry to send 750,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to vaccination stations

snoop1130

4c68d536695bbf59bb75496fded75b8f_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Following the temporary closure of 25 COVID-19 vaccination stations, run by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and the private sector, due to vaccine allocation issues, Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has ordered the Ministry of Public Health to deliver 750,000 doses directly to these stations this month.

Gen. Prayut directed Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, to address the vaccine allocation issue, ensuring that doses are delivered to the 25 vaccination stations, which are situated outside health institutions across Bangkok. Mr. Anutin and Secretary-General of the National Security Council (NSC), Gen. Nattaphon Narkphanit, as Director of the Center for the COVID-19 Situation’s Administration’s (CCSA) Operations Center, had a meeting and agreed that the Department of Disease Control would deliver 1,000 doses directly to each of these stations per day, without going through the BMA. In all, 25,000 doses will be delivered per day, amounting to 750,000 doses this month. The quantity is compatible with the capacity of each station, and a delivery plan is being developed.

Previously, the Department of Disease Control was to allocate 1 million doses to the BMA this month, but following the Prime Minister’s order to have more doses delivered to the 25 vaccination stations, the BMA will have to manage with some 250,000 doses. Even so, Mr. Anutin instructed the Director-General of the Department of Disease Control to deliver another batch of 250,000 doses to the BMA’s Health Department. These doses will be allocated to hospitals in Bangkok. The doses are not related to the quota delivered to the vaccination center at Bang Sue Grand Station, which is 20,000 doses a day throughout August.

nnt.jpg
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Something is seriously wrong with these people, they are just not wired up correctly.

Surely if the Vaccines are on hand, why is it necessary for a PM to tell the ministry responsible to do their Job.

Cracks are starting o appear.

Because he wanted to get the word out to Thai citizens that these stations will be open and have vaccines. There are a plethora of legitimate reasons to criticise the Thai govt over its handling of the covid crisis. Yours just isn't one of them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because he wanted to get the word out to Thai citizens that these stations will be open and have vaccines. There are a plethora of legitimate reasons to criticise the Thai govt over its handling of the covid crisis. Yours just isn't one of them.

Isn't it though?

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The quantity is compatible with the capacity of each station, and a delivery plan is being developed.

Now is a good time to develop a plan I guess.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If you were making a deliberate effort to engage in sabotage, you could not possibly bungle this vaccination program this badly. 

This serves are such a clear illustration as to why the army should be limited to running disciplinary camps for older teens. That is the limit of their capacity. 

whereas in Australia the Covid planning is run by a military guy Lieutenant General John Frewan - 

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Get the word out? Really.  That could have been done by the BMA telling its folks the vaccinations will restart and Anutin sayin he has delivered as promised.  But, the PM ordering the MOPH to deliver 750k vaccines, that's not getting the word out, that's trying his best to keep from taking anymore heat.  The Pfizer doses should have already been dispersed as well to be used.  You see it it obviously a different way then others including myself do, and that's not being negative.  When the boss has to tell you your job it means your rear is on the line for being terminated most of the time.

Anutin said he will vaccinate 1 million a day. This 750,000 wont last a day. Pfizer should already be in the arms of healthcare workers. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I would hazard the opinion that a Lieutenant General in the Australian Army has a different motivation and approach to such matters...

wouldn't be that difficult when compared to what Thailand has to offer ????

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Wow, just wow.

They ran dry.

And along comes the pm to issue orders.

Not that they're big on history here, other than counting to ten, but prayut and anutin will go down in Thai history as EPIC FAILURES, responsible for more deaths of Thai citizens than anyone other Thai leader EVER.

If he had more than a thimble-full of courage and honor he'd resign. If he really cares about the country and it's people he'd resign.

Not sure how he lives with the SHAME?

Note to owner: Time for a new Jockey.

i am not sure that would solve the problem,sadly. 

The problems in this country seem to go very very deep.

new owners , new trainers ,new jockeys all likely needed!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, mark131v said:

There's militaries and then there's the Thai military and thankfully the Aussies have <deleted> all in common with the Thai military...

That would be understood by most people, I would suggest - other than the Thai military.... 

• Haha 2

Every time when I read how Prayut is showing his absolute incompetence as the leader of his country - especially concerning covid -,  I think what would he say and do, if one of Thailands neighbours starts a war? I.e.: Cambodia.

-  within the first days: "it's not a serious problem, let's wait and see".

-  I must hurry and fly to China. We need their ships.

-  after 1 week: we will have a meeting. Anutin will tell you which clothes you have to carry on your body.

-  after 10 days: the boys in Thong Lor should now stay at home and stop drinking and f........g. We need them soon.

-  after 2 weeks:  Anutin doesn't have time enough. The day after tomorrow I want that all the generals of the navy take part in a meeting.

-  at the meeting I will ask the generals how to go on and how many ships we need for the Mekong.

-  after 1 month: I think we occupied already all important Cambodian ships on the Mekong. The war will bwe finished very soon. Thereafterwe will have a bestowal of decorations.

Edited by puck2