Bank deposit protection cut to THB1 million from August 11

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't know what your on about sorry, if I want money Monday to Friday no problem a couple of hours if that, on a Saturday or Sunday I get Monday.

I am 'on about' that , if you put the reason as 'long term stay in Thailand' the transfer will take longer than if you put say family & friends.

Sorry I am off topic.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 4:39 PM, Mickeymaus said:

So which are the safest banks here. We know already the GSB. Then a read that the Government Housing Bank is also safe. What is with the Thai Military Bank and the Krung Thai Bank? 

Thai Panit(SCB) is owned by the Crown Bureau, it will never go bust. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 9:28 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Thanks for the info, guys.

From GSB web site:  "Details of Interest Rate 1. Less than 30 Million Baht 0.925 % per year".

Looks like I'll be paying my SCB lady bank teller a visit soon. ????  (To take out some cash.)

But first I'll visit the GSB in Chalong - quite handy as I live in Rawai!

Do you have a link to "Details of Interest Rate 1. Less than 30 Million Baht 0.925 % per year". ?

Pink

49 minutes ago, Pink7 said:

Do you have a link to "Details of Interest Rate 1. Less than 30 Million Baht 0.925 % per year". ?

Pink

https://www.gsb.or.th/media/2020/08/Sales-Sheet_12-Months-Fixed-Account.pdf

Actually, I withdrew 1 million from Krungsri today and put it in my Krung Thai current account (no interest).

The odd thing was, Krungsri ran out of packs of 100 x 1,000 baht notes. After putting 6 through the counting machine, she had to put 8 packs of 100 x 500 baht notes.

And the poor Krung Thai cashier got sore fingers taking off the bands, counting the packs and putting the bands (inside out) back on the packs. ????