415,000 COVID Vaccine Doses Arrive from UK

webfact

20 minutes ago, smedly said:

I still think that donations from the US and UK are the reason farangs are now getting free vaccine appointments at hospitals - I think the Thai government was told it would be a condition - the focus on farangs has definately changed these last couple of weeks 

I agree but I think the Thais actually out-manoeuvred the foreign embassies (exceptions of China and France to a degree). I think when they turned up complaining about foreigner vaccines the Thais just told them .... we dont have enough for our own people send some vials to help out if you want or set up your vaccine system for your own people. 

Edited by Whale
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

and a massive Third Wave.

6st July entered the 4th wave, when Delta became prevalent.

I think that is officially, but not repeated that often. Somehow doesn't sound that good as the 3rd wave

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-enters-4th-covid-19-wave-as-more-cases-are-of-mutated-virus-ccsa-advisor-says/

Edited by internationalism

12 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Marxist commissars that now run the UK.

johnson, may, cameron, brown, blair, major, tchatcher and non any other the UK prime ministers.

I have thought you live now in thailand for very long. Take care to comment on how thai premiers do perform and what is their ideology?

Edited by internationalism

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The British embassy in Bangkok said in its Facebook page that the donation was aimed at increasing access to COVID-19 vaccinations in the

cabinet and amongst hi-sos & the connected.  If only I was French but 78 years as a Brit makes me ineligible for any help from the British Embassy.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I still think that donations from the US and UK are the reason farangs are now getting free vaccine appointments at hospitals - I think the Thai government was told it would be a condition - the focus on farangs has definately changed these last couple of weeks - it is no longer Thai first which likely came directly from Anutin

I hope you are correct, call me cynical but I will wait and see if the local health authorities get (and obey) the memo or will they continue to tell me 'Thai first' to my face.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Wouldn't be lovely had the UK took care of their expats living here and also provided them with the vaccine? how hard would that have been? other countries did it, why not the UK?... 

What we have to remember is, if you are of pension age it is not in Boris's interest to help you, suffer snuf it is a pension saved.

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

I hope you are correct, call me cynical but I will wait and see if the local health authorities get (and obey) the memo or will they continue to tell me 'Thai first' to my face.

Will find out today, I have an appointment for dose 1 (Sinovac) this afternoon. Dose 2 they say will be AZ.

Bizarrely, I was in hospital for surgery on a sceptic foot until Monday. The hospital rang me whilst I was in there but were unable to respond to my invitation to 'pop upstairs and vaccinate me". Instead I will have to struggle in today, currently only able to hop using a Zimmer frame. I hope that Central Plaza has a wheelchair!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Almer said:

What we have to remember is, if you are of pension age it is not in Boris's interest to help you, suffer snuf it is a pension saved.

I am as cynical as the next man about the UK's politicians, (although I do find Boris Johnson a refreshing change from his bland and uninspiring predecessors over several decades) ; but I doubt that a deliberate policy of allowing pensioners to die early is anywhere in their plans!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

there is chinese and french way of vaccination, less useful for covid diplomacy.

And there is an american and the UK one. That one serves stronger military and economic ties for the future

The US sent 5 million Moderna shots to Vietnam. Twice as much as Thailand got of Pfizer. That should send a message. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They even hate the native inhabitants of the British Isles, and are spending billions on putting illegals up in hotels and destroying our communities, culture and way of life. 

Looking out for (majority white) expats is an anathema to the Impotent, self-loathing, Marxist commissars that now run the UK. 

Hello, a strongly-worded post.

For the benefit of the many on this forum who do not have the benefit of comprehending the 'shortened form' of English. Maybe a less vitriolic form would help to get your point across..

• Confused 4

15 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I am as cynical as the next man about the UK's politicians, (although I do find Boris Johnson a refreshing change from his bland and uninspiring predecessors over several decades) ; but I doubt that a deliberate policy of allowing pensioners to die early is anywhere in their plans!

They didn't do a lot to protect the aged in care homes!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

those 415k might count for dr anutin as part of a locally allocated 5-6mln made by sin bioscience. Lucky him.

Creative accounting and fony statistics are part of his ministry.

Dr Anutin  ????

• Haha 1