415,000 COVID Vaccine Doses Arrive from UK

webfact

2 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

Why is it a penalty to make sure unvaccinated people from a High Incidence Country be put in Quarantine, do you expect to be exempt because you are British

if you were out of the country long before covid was around , not having deliberately travelled into red or orange zones because there werent any. it seems harsh that if you are unfortunate enough to need to return to the UK that as a Uk national you would be forced to pay 2,225 pounds for the understandably necessary quarantine along with citizens from any other country entering the Uk from a red zone.

No one expects to be exempt from quarantine because they are British.

18 hours ago, Almer said:

They didn't do a lot to protect the aged in care homes!

I was not in the UK, but I suspect incompetence, bungling and a blurring of lines of responsibility between various agencies ( local authorities and health services) was responsible for that rather than any government policy.

It was a failure, perhaps an epic failure but not a deliberate failure.

That doesn't mean that it should not be investigated thoroughly, and if blame is to be apportioned and responsibility taken, then it should.

13 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Not quite right. 

I suppose you won't pay VAT. Unless you order everything from UK. ????

This year alone I paid Income tax on pensions, VAT on my accountants bill and vat on my lawyers bill for selling my house, plus others such as Amazon.co.uk purchases. Luckily on my house sale there was no CGT to pay or they would have had that too.

And don't forget the UK pension is frozen for expats in Thailand and many other countries, but not in all.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Will find out today, I have an appointment for dose 1 (Sinovac) this afternoon. Dose 2 they say will be AZ.

Bizarrely, I was in hospital for surgery on a sceptic foot until Monday. The hospital rang me whilst I was in there but were unable to respond to my invitation to 'pop upstairs and vaccinate me". Instead I will have to struggle in today, currently only able to hop using a Zimmer frame. I hope that Central Plaza has a wheelchair!

Vaccination successful. Next dose due on 2 September (AZ).

• Like 1