415,000 COVID Vaccine Doses Arrive from UK

webfact

2 hours ago, Almer said:

What we have to remember is, if you are of pension age it is not in Boris's interest to help you, suffer snuf it is a pension saved.

That is being extremely cynical and verging on being absurd.

Do you honestly think that the U.K wants pensioners to die , in order to stop paying them pension money ?

5 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Great.

Vax the willing all you want. 

Leave the unwilling out of it. 

we all get along. 

The unvaxed will be precluded from entering a lot of venues in the future,the vaccine passports will become an international norm for entry to mass gathering events,and Airports,already started.

As a Brit it would be nice to think that some of the Astra Zeneca could be used in the vaccine programs for westerners, we can hope.

Some good news for those of us mulling over a return to the Uk , Thailand remains in the amber listing from the latest Uk government review, however not so good if it does change to red the mandatory hotel quarantine price to be paid before your return flight has now increased to 2,225 pounds. as a penalty to return to your own country.

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

there is chinese and french way of vaccination, less useful for covid diplomacy.

And there is an american and the UK one. That one serves stronger military and economic ties for the future

Absolutely spot on - hence why Thailand has also not been placed on the UK's Red List when other countries that are doing far better against Covid than Thailand is.  I think the UK & US are watching military developments in China and looking into the future when the world could be a very different place.

Alliances in Asia would be very useful but their efforts are probably misguided - its clear to me which side Thailand would come down on.

29 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is being extremely cynical and verging on being absurd.

Do you honestly think that the U.K wants pensioners to die , in order to stop paying them pension money ?

What did they do to protect the elderly  in care homes, nothing is the answer, nothing, and every care home death was a pension saved.

3 minutes ago, Almer said:

What did they do to protect the elderly  in care homes, nothing is the answer, nothing, and every care home death was a pension saved.

What should they have done ?

Unfortunately there is no cure and people were bound to die .

Yes, dead people do not collect pensions , but I am quite sure that isnt the reason for older people dying

6 minutes ago, Almer said:

Of course the disgusting thing was that elderly and untested patients were being kicked out of hospitals into care homes where infections then raged. Some day in the future there should be a reckoning...... BBC

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Of course the disgusting thing was that elderly and untested patients were being kicked out of hospitals into care homes where infections then raged. Some day in the future there should be a reckoning...... BBC

What do you suggest should have happened ?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes that's basically what went on.

My old mum dead Covid 19,  uk care home, Jan 2021.

Big love to the Chinese and uk government. :mad:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Mike Teavee said:

To which I what? 

If you cannot understand that there is a portion of the British Public (typically privileged students, does that make me Classist?) that will take any opportunity to bash UK Govs actions, then I can't help you I'm afraid.

These are typically referred to as "The Woke Generation" but if it offends you I'll switch to using the term "SnowFlakes".... 

I don't remember asking for your help. You have your opinion; which comes from your life's perspective. I have my own. You like to simplify things for yourself by using an 'us & them' mode of argument. It's not intelligent; but simply argumentative.

I actually haven't been following any of the news to which you have referred; but rudely and in my opinion, unintelligently, you write that "presumably" I agree with a news article in whic a student has resigned. Erm...I know nothing about the opinion of a girl from the USA who studied in the U.K.

Do you need me to align with her opinion to give succour to your beliefs?

It's like you a looking for a crime to fit your evidence. That's what happens with bitter and hateful people. They look for anything they can use as a reason for their hate. 

Happy people don't do that. So I have no idea nor any connection to what you refer.

I just look at what is posted from as neutral a perspective as I can muster and I see what I see.

11 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Yes that's basically what went on.

My old mum dead Covid 19,  uk care home, Jan 2021.

Big love to the Chinese and uk government. :mad:

If you dont mind me asking , how old was your Mother ?

Also, what could have been done to prevent her demise?

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If you dont mind me asking , how old was your Mother ?

Also, what could have been done to prevent her demise?

Sure.

She had just had her 90th birthday, had dementia.

but still strong as an ox to the end, just not strong enough for covid 19.

it's also possible that staff brought the virus into the care home.

Some may say, she was just to old,

But that was no way for an old lady to die.

in a room, no family around her. total disaster,

Let alone watching a funeral on live stream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I don't remember asking for your help. You have your opinion; which comes from your life's perspective. I have my own. You like to simplify things for yourself by using an 'us & them' mode of argument. It's not intelligent; but simply argumentative.

I actually haven't been following any of the news to which you have referred; but rudely and in my opinion, unintelligently, you write that "presumably" I agree with a news article in whic a student has resigned. Erm...I know nothing about the opinion of a girl from the USA who studied in the U.K.

Do you need me to align with her opinion to give succour to your beliefs?

It's like you a looking for a crime to fit your evidence. That's what happens with bitter and hateful people. They look for anything they can use as a reason for their hate. 

Happy people don't do that. So I have no idea nor any connection to what you refer.

I just look at what is posted from as neutral a perspective as I can muster and I see what I see.

Peace out bro... enjoy your life... 

Just now, Orinoco said:

Sure.

She had just had her 90th birthday, had dementia.

but still strong as an ox to the end, just not strong enough for covid 19.

it's also possible that staff brought the virus into the care home.

Some may say, she was just to old,

But that was no way for an old lady to die.

in a room, no family around her. total disaster,

Let alone watching a funeral on live stream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

You must realise she was in isolation to protect you from also getting infected . She was isolated to stop her spreading the virus

Nurses need to go to work in the hospital and it wouldnt be a possibility to test every single one of them before they started their shifts everyday or every time they went outside the hospital . 

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Wouldn't be lovely had the UK took care of their expats living here and also provided them with the vaccine? how hard would that have been? other countries did it, why not the UK?... 

Why ? you chose to live in Thailand , next thing is you will be wanting free prescriptions . Do not want to sound argumentative but you will have to join the queue with the Thai nationals or return to the UK for free jabs as I did . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Try and tell Mac Mickmanus

7 minutes ago, superal said:

Why ? you chose to live in Thailand , next thing is you will be wanting free prescriptions . Do not want to sound argumentative but you will have to join the queue with the Thai nationals or return to the UK for free jabs as I did . 

But thai nationals along with every other nation  received  free jabs in the UK, without exception ni questions asked.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What do you suggest should have happened ?

Test people before they were put into a known high risk area, which is what the then health minister confirmed was being done, lies lies lies, but they didn't care about the elderly.

1 minute ago, Almer said:

But thai nationals along with every other nation  received  free jabs in the UK, without exception ni questions asked.

and farangs will get the free jabs eventually in Thailand but there can be no comparison with the UK vaccine roll out . The UK were proactive in securing vaccines , hence their success . Thailand is an emerging country and does not have the resources of many western countries .

Just now, Almer said:

Test people before they were put into a known high risk area, which is what the then health minister confirmed was being done, lies lies lies, but they didn't care about the elderly.

Was it only the elderly who suffered? What about the social care workers? They were 'dropping like flies'.

2 minutes ago, superal said:

and farangs will get the free jabs eventually in Thailand but there can be no comparison with the UK vaccine roll out . The UK were proactive in securing vaccines , hence their success . Thailand is an emerging country and does not have the resources of many western countries .

Greed, sorry Agreed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sapson said:

As a Brit it would be nice to think that some of the Astra Zeneca could be used in the vaccine programs for westerners, we can hope.

Some good news for those of us mulling over a return to the Uk , Thailand remains in the amber listing from the latest Uk government review, however not so good if it does change to red the mandatory hotel quarantine price to be paid before your return flight has now increased to 2,225 pounds. as a penalty to return to your own country.

Why is it a penalty to make sure unvaccinated people from a High Incidence Country be put in Quarantine, do you expect to be exempt because you are British ?