Getting back to the U.K

Mac Mickmanus

3 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

only for some

It would be a task to get a Covid test done in C.M , wait 24 hours for the results and then get to BKK for a flight within 24-48 hours. 

I suppose an option would be to get a pre flight Covid test done in BKK

• Like 2

Just now, NancyL said:

If you get to Bangkok Hospital - CM before 9:30 am, for a PCR test, you'll get the results by 6 pm the same day, so:

Day 1  Get PCR test

Day 2 Drive to Bangkok

Day 3 Leave from BKK  

Bob's Your Uncle  (Isn't that what the Brits say?)

Thanks , and there's a bus in the evening from the nearby Arcade bus station to BKK . 

• Like 1

HI Mac
You need to check what flights there are from CNX first.
I think most are cancelled and only a few local flights may be left (if any)
So you most likely have to go to Bangkok.
Also note that from 8th August you should be able to fly through Qatar and UAE.
UK rules just changed so they go onto Amber. Then no hotel quarantine is required in Uk, but still the self isolation.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I dont think that I will be going now . 

Just seen that it looks like Thailand will be staying on the Amber list , the latest UK Gov Website shows all the changes coming soon . 

Looks like my trip back to the UK is back on . 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

55 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Better check if that's still operating.

Yes, I did ask at Arcade yesterday and there were at least two bus services going to BKK , the evening bus was the one that goes to Koh San Road .

The KSR to CM bus used to be rather dodgy with numerous passenger thefts aboard .

Access to the luggage was through a door in the "cockpit"

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is what I was hoping for .

Not to be able to go .

Uk is still amber group as of the review results published today but as mentioned should they go to red at the next UK review date a big if? the new price for the red listing country mandatory government hotel quarantine is to be 2,225 pounds from the 8th of August.

At the moment requirements are covid test 72 hrs and pre booked paid for day 2 and day 8 tests filled out passenger locator form 48 hrs prior to flying and 10 day quarantine at your own choice of venue, home or hotels etc.

All the latest info is on the Uk government website.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jonwilly said:

I worked with a man name Mick MacManus

There was also a very famous UK wrestler by the same name in the 50/60's. TV audiences of 20million in those days watched him fight Jackie Palo.

Edited by fangless
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It would be a task to get a Covid test done in C.M , wait 24 hours for the results and then get to BKK for a flight within 24-48 hours. 

I suppose an option would be to get a pre flight Covid test done in BKK

If you are struggling in CM it would be best to go to BKK. You can get a test done at Medconsult early doors and the result by email the same day. I think there is an Emirates flight leaves about 1am.

S__16654367.webp

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sapson said:

Uk is still amber group as of the review results published today but as mentioned should they go to red at the next UK review date a big if? the new price for the red listing country mandatory government hotel quarantine is to be 2,225 pounds from the 8th of August.

At the moment requirements are covid test 72 hrs and pre booked paid for day 2 and day 8 tests filled out passenger locator form 48 hrs prior to flying and 10 day quarantine at your own choice of venue, home or hotels etc.

All the latest info is on the Uk government website.

That is providing the person is not fully vaccinated, if that is the case then no quarantine if fully vaxed more than two weeks from departure from Thailand with AZ. Even with quarantine, there is the Test and release option at your own expense.

However, there is then the question of sandbox on return, ( if it's still running,) or a stay in a designated Bangkok ASQ.

Whichever way you look at it, an expensive trip when you add it all up. I have resigned myself that my trip this year will not be happening.

15 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

That is providing the person is not fully vaccinated, if that is the case then no quarantine if fully vaxed more than two weeks from departure from Thailand with AZ. Even with quarantine, there is the Test and release option at your own expense.

However, there is then the question of sandbox on return, ( if it's still running,) or a stay in a designated Bangkok ASQ.

Whichever way you look at it, an expensive trip when you add it all up. I have resigned myself that my trip this year will not be happening.

I don't think vaccinations in Thailand (or other places outside of UK, EU & US https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-travel-update-government-waives-quarantine-for-arrivals-fully-vaccinated-from-europe-and-usa-while-also-confirming-international-cruise-restart) count at the moment but the Uk Government is looking into how they can accept them 

Hoping they'll accept Sinopharm done in Thailand but am not holiday my breath 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I don't think vaccinations in Thailand (or other places outside of UK, EU & US https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-travel-update-government-waives-quarantine-for-arrivals-fully-vaccinated-from-europe-and-usa-while-also-confirming-international-cruise-restart) count at the moment but the Uk Government is looking into how they can accept them 

Hoping they'll accept Sinopharm done in Thailand but am not holiday my breath 

I am honestly not sure either but in addition there was a section referring to acceptable vaccines in foreign countries that adhered to the UK vaccine protocols, I took that meaning Thailand bearing in mind that AZ is produced here under licence.

It didn't list the countries but it did list the vaccines and AZ was on the list. There was a small ' argument ' about some Astra Zenica of a certain batch that had been produced in India but that didn't apply to mine.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

• Like 1