Getting back to the U.K

Mac Mickmanus

22 hours ago, NancyL said:

If you get to Bangkok Hospital - CM before 9:30 am, for a PCR test, you'll get the results by 6 pm the same day, so:

Day 1  Get PCR test

Day 2 Drive to Bangkok

Day 3 Leave from BKK  

Bob's Your Uncle  (Isn't that what the Brits say?)

Those with vasectomy say "......and Bob's your Auntie"

Yes can fly from cm but try avoid UAE areas for transits as they are on the red list so have to quarantine in the uk. Flights will be more expensive from cm but domestic travel to bkk is banned for the time being but if you can wait a couple if weeks more choices from bkk and much cheaper 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

Yes can fly from cm but try avoid UAE areas for transits as they are on the red list so have to quarantine in the uk. Flights will be more expensive from cm but domestic travel to bkk is banned for the time being but if you can wait a couple if weeks more choices from bkk and much cheaper 

There are currently no flights from CM to BKK and from this Sunday , U.A.E will be going from red to amber

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are currently no flights from CM to BKK and from this Sunday , U.A.E will be going from red to amber

There's flights 13th august to london from cm. 15000 baht And like I said domestic flights in Thailand are banned and to wait 

You might be able to fly to U Tapao from CNX with Nok Air, from where, a taxi is only something like 1000 baht, although the cost of the flights is somewhat astronomical at the moment, so what you'll gain one way, you'll lose another and cost wise, it may end up the same as a private taxi from CM to BKK

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

You are going to need to be very quick, it has been mentioned in past days that Thailand is going on red list etc.

The UK government reassess the traffic light countries every 3 weeks, so the next announcement should be on the 26th. I'm hoping to travel back just before then. Where did you get the information that Thailand is about to move to red?

On 8/5/2021 at 5:59 PM, NancyL said:

If you get to Bangkok Hospital - CM before 9:30 am, for a PCR test, you'll get the results by 6 pm the same day, so:

Day 1  Get PCR test

Day 2 Drive to Bangkok

Day 3 Leave from BKK  

Bob's Your Uncle  (Isn't that what the Brits say?)

Bobs Your Uncle & Roberts your Mothers brother ???? 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I googled Covid tests today. And it seems there are hospitals in Bangkok who give you the test result within an hour or two. MedPark Hospital was mentioned. 

Is that the PCR test which meets UK Gov standards ?

There are some different tests , only some are acceptable 

26 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is that the PCR test which meets UK Gov standards ?

There are some different tests , only some are acceptable 

Google it, you will find lots of results.

Personally I will need this maybe in a month and I won't study the details now and then see how everything changes in a week or two. ???? 

17 hours ago, malthebluff said:

There's flights 13th august to london from cm. 15000 baht And like I said domestic flights in Thailand are banned and to wait 

I think that I will wait and see whether the flight service begins on the 13 th Aug or whether its extended again .

Otherwise you have the hassle of re booking or getting a refund and a wasted pre flight covid test and having the need to fill out another UK landing form

• 4 weeks later...

Now that Thailand is on the red list , is there any way to get back to the U.K and avoiding the 2250 GBP quarantine ?

I have looked at going to Turkey , but they are red listed as well , with Greece you need to be fully vaccinated to enter.

Any other suggestions for somewhere to spend ten days then going to the U.K ?

issue is that now Thailand is "red" and as the UK doesn't currently recognise any vaccines administered outside of the UK, Europe or US you have to pay hefty quarantine fees.

Hopefully the UK government will change this..... then again............

2 hours ago, stament said:

issue is that now Thailand is "red" and as the UK doesn't currently recognise any vaccines administered outside of the UK, Europe or US you have to pay hefty quarantine fees.

Hopefully the UK government will change this..... then again............

the U.K put Thailand onto its Red list because they felt that Thailand wasn't doing enough Covid tests on its population and so a new Covid strain could emerge and go unnoticed and spread to the U.K .

So, Thailand is unlikely to go back to Amber any time soon 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

the U.K put Thailand onto its Red list because they felt that Thailand wasn't doing enough Covid tests on its population and so a new Covid strain could emerge and go unnoticed and spread to the U.K .

agreed, no issue with that just don't like the fact that the government only recognise vaccinations administered in the UK, Europe or US.

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you have a credible reference for that statement ?

I'll wait.

In the meantime others can read this:-

"Thailand and Montenegro will be added to the red list from 4 am on Monday 30 August 2021," reflecting the increased coronavirus case rates in those countries, the Department for Transport said.

Thailand will move to the red category as low vaccination levels leave Asia vulnerable to new coronavirus variants, along with Montenegro.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2172127/uk-govt-adds-thailand-to-covid-travel-red-list

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Do you have a credible reference for that statement ?

I'll wait.

In the meantime others can read this:-

"Thailand and Montenegro will be added to the red list from 4 am on Monday 30 August 2021," reflecting the increased coronavirus case rates in those countries, the Department for Transport said.

Thailand will move to the red category as low vaccination levels leave Asia vulnerable to new coronavirus variants, along with Montenegro.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2172127/uk-govt-adds-thailand-to-covid-travel-red-list

Due to you attitude, I shall not provide any link 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 9:51 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just seen that it looks like Thailand will be staying on the Amber list , the latest UK Gov Website shows all the changes coming soon . 

Looks like my trip back to the UK is back on . 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 05.38.58.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was posted on these forums in a different thread and it was from an official source  

Just waffle unless individual posts include source references.

Even the Daily Mirror could get it right:-

"The Department of Transport said that it has made the decision to move Thailand and Montenegro to the red list because to reflect "the increased case rates in these countries and the higher risk that travel from these countries poses to UK public health".

It added in a statement: "The high rates combined with lower levels of published genomic surveillance in Thailand and Montenegro than other countries, mean that an outbreak of a new variant or existing variants of concern (VOC) or variants under investigation (VUI) cannot be easily identified before it is imported and seeded across the UK."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/asia-middle-east/thailand-goes-uks-red-list-24847871