Thailand well on the way to vaccinating 70% of population - vaccine in every province, says Anutin

webfact

7 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Well Anutin ! Your time is a complete waste of time, as you seem incapable of these tasks assigned to you as then Health Minister. You are just not delivering on your remit.

Time for you to take a vocational change, and maybe find some employment that you will be capable of doing well.

Good luck with that.

Like the TAT? always a place there for a man of his talents but he may have to learn to pretend to like falang.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Any mention of the guys name and I know it's more BS.

I look forward to Thailand getting ride of these clowns and returning us to better days.

These "Clowns" should be stripped down to their board shorts and given to the people of Thailand, it's only fair after all, it's their country that has systematically been gutted for their own benefit by these "Clowns" and intimately consigned to  the bottom of the heap. 

It will be many years before Thailand rises up to come close to where she was in 2019 . The "Clowns" have to pay!

• Like 1

But when will 70% of the population be vaccinated ?   The figures referred to in the seventh paragraph highlight the lack of clarity in the governments information releases or the clarity in the reporting of them.

It does seem that most organisations in the world, be they national, global or scientific sources, believe that not just two shots of one type of vaccine will provide the necessary protection.

Has the government considering how they can cater for the multi-sourced vaccines in order to protect Thais against all variants ?   And if they wish for social freedom for Thais in Thailand the need to include all non-Thais.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KeeTua said:

Not wanting to defend this guy but I do like a correct and fair translation. The linked Thai news article says:
>in the period August onward they expect to hit the target of 70% vaccinations.<
and
>Vaccines will be distributed to all provinces during this period (Aug. onward)<

Until ...empty blahblah as usual

7 hours ago, Credo said:

The vaccination is going to have to be a lot greater than 70% to significantly slow the spread of the Delta variety.   The % who need to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity increases greatly with the transmissibility of the disease.  The original virus had an Ro of under 3.  The Alpha variant had a transmission level of 4-5 and the Delta is as high as 8 or 9.   As the transmission rate increases, the Ro, then the number of people requiring vaccine begins to rise to achieve herd immunity.   

Thailand is quite far behind the curve.  They are using vaccines which are not particularly effective against Delta and the numbers of fully vaccinated people isn't high enough to significantly slow the spread.   Even the top rated vaccines, which do reasonably well against the Delta, are showing some vulnerability to breakthrough cases.   

Funny you state that. In the US there seems to be a problem that people already jabbed are now on medical surveillance as they are infected with the Delta variant.

Get a jab, wear a mask, get the Delta variant and tell the world that anti vaxxers are the cause of everything. (Not to you personally)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My lady lives in a small village out in the sticks in Nong Khai province. She and her extended family have just received their first vaccination at a vaccination centre and all persons registered in her region have been invited to attend for vaccination immediately. A person can go to any vaccine centre in the region even outside their district.

Many people attend but the queues are orderly and no one has been turned away.  I don't think he is lying.

• Thanks 1

A lot of scaremongering about vaccine efficacy.

Yes Sinovac is only 50% effective against getting symptomatic Covid but it is 100% effective against getting serious life threatening symptoms and 100% effective against the need to be hospitalised for those symptoms. In other words its a 50/50 chance you MIGHT catch Covid but the symptoms won't be serious and you will not need hospitalisation i.e. no one dies who has been vaccinated.

With the new variant there MIGHT be a higher 70% chance you will get an infection but again the symptoms won't be serious and no one dies. 

Remember that these are statistical studies if you still continue to take recommended precautions you may never see Covid

It's the cherry picking of infection rates without quoting the other statistics (ie no deaths no hospitalisation) that is the basis of the insidious and dangerous Fake news

8 minutes ago, RobU said:

My lady lives in a small village out in the sticks in Nong Khai province. She and her extended family have just received their first vaccination at a vaccination centre and all persons registered in her region have been invited to attend for vaccination immediately. A person can go to any vaccine centre in the region even outside their district.

Many people attend but the queues are orderly and no one has been turned away.  I don't think he is lying.

Ssshhhh don’t be giving good news otherwise you will buck the trend. 

Negative, glass half empty only please. Thank you. 

• Haha 1

More hot air and B/S.

My missus's son got a 1st jab today, he's 20 and has no illnesses. His job is a waiter in a Bangkok noodle shop so I guess that's front line staff.

I've registered at the local hospital in Ubon Rat district and awaiting a call. I'm 66 and have chronic asthma.  It's such a joy to be stuck here awaiting my fate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well when DPM A. resigns and your son is appointed Health Minister  please let me know.

Oh no he wants to be PM - he will appoint another child from his Nursery to be health minister. One that likes to play dress up as a doctor. Then she/he will at least have more experience than the incumbent. 

8 hours ago, KeeTua said:

Not wanting to defend this guy but I do like a correct and fair translation. The linked Thai news article says:
>in the period August onward they expect to hit the target of 70% vaccinations.<
and
>Vaccines will be distributed to all provinces during this period (Aug. onward)<

And which year does this staggering statement, 70%, refer to?

Because as sure as farts are farts - it isn't 2021......or '22' - but maybe, just maybe, '24 or '25 .... 'onward' - up and at 'em Mr. anutin 

• Like 1

It's really frustrating to read those bubbles from him. Still no plan with specific dates. For example, when will the teachers finally be vaccinated? The schools have been closed for months (since march /april) and the pupils are only being provided with "online" learning in a very poor way.

Other countries have organized this much better with revolving classroom lessons and sufficient amounts of quick tests.

It is obvious that there is a shortage of vaccines

, but it is still completely unclear who will be vaccinated and when.

Thailand urgently needs someone who is well trained in medicine and has the right education, has management skills, can think in complex contexts, works for the well-being of the population as a whole and who can then communicate truthfully.

Also in terms of regulation, there is something new every day, sometimes with absurd content. It is a single patchwork, a repair shop, with daily placebo flickering. In the situation of vaccine deficiency, sensible planning (short, medium and long term) is particularly important.

I hope Thailand's leadership gets that settled as soon as possible, otherwise the country will remain in this health and economic coma for the next 1.5 years.

Edited by tomacht8

7 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

He only counts those he would describe as 'Important People''; so i'd be surprised if he could get to 10,000.   All others (including us) are expendable Cannon Fodder !

Be patient, you'll get a shot.

image.png.ea8541f79395245a1ad196a103c55325.png

• Haha 1

I wouldn't believe Big Nuts if he told me the sky was blue! (The simple truth is it's falling.) However, that mythical percentage at which we will have achieved 'herd immunity' also seems to be poppycock if one takes a look at the countries that are nearly there. Safety in numbers? Don't think so.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Today I'm going to walk from Bkk to Chiang Rai. I left 5 minutes ago.

I'm now well on the way.

That's how I can understand his statement best.

Good luck with that!!! You know what the PM SAID AOUT PEOPLE SPREADING FAKE NEWS. SOMEBODY SHOULD TELL ANUTIN!!!

• Like 2

Anutin's claims can be treated with a degree of skepticism, if not outright fake news, suggests ASEAN NOW who note many reports of unavailability of vaccine in the provinces according to many posts on its forums

I am happy that ASEAN NOW noted and posted and suggested this , because if i did , i would be banned . 

• Thanks 1