Thailand well on the way to vaccinating 70% of population - vaccine in every province, says Anutin

webfact

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

At this point in time, things can only get better.

Granted, the initial planning and organisation was completely mangled in politics - it's coming along, though. Slow but sure. 

Most Thais that I know - family, extended family, close friends, neighbors, etc have had their first jab - from 4/5 weeks ago. 

Out here in rural Kamphaeng Phet I only know of 3 people who have been vaccinated. An 85 year old Aussie, his wife and her mother and all 3 were given Sinovac.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Over 600,000 jabs yesterday. 

Fantastic effort by all the front line staff. More than the UK managed on any single day I believe even with the Army, volunteers, etc. 

Not quite, 844,000 in one day for UK

• Like 2

Herd immunity 80% needed. With the numbers we getting plus adding the 12-18 we are looking at Songkran 2022 IF nothing goes wrong. Key is to fill the pockets first. Vaccine price Europe 2 shots 1500 baht - Thailand 3000-4000 baht. Nice margin 

• Like 1

That is about as absurd as the claims that Thailand was handling the so-called pandemic fantastically when other countries were struggling last year. Many people bought into that nonsensical propaganda far and wide, so I suppose he figures that people will fall for this too....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:

from a slow start they have caught up with and overtaken the uk, which has a similair sized population, that truly is an excellent job as the uk was one of the most efficient vaccinators in the world. i'm sure we're going to see the international media reporting all about this stunning achievement in due course.

well done thailand.

???????? Thats one hell of a spliff youre smoking!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not quite, 844,000 in one day for UK

Yes I see that now back in March. 

The rollout in the UK has been first class from start to finish. If the Thais can get anywhere near that level they would have done well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:

from a slow start they have caught up with and overtaken the uk, which has a similair sized population, that truly is an excellent job as the uk was one of the most efficient vaccinators in the world. i'm sure we're going to see the international media reporting all about this stunning achievement in due course.

well done thailand.

Caught up with and overtook the UK!!?? What planet are you living on?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Ssshhhh don’t be giving good news otherwise you will buck the trend. 

Negative, glass half empty only please. Thank you. 

I feel very sad to have to post such good news I desperately want to be accepted by the community but it is very difficult to maintain persistent negativity on everything Thai. I hope I will be forgiven eventually, community have mercy on me please. Unfortunately I have more good news her second vaccination is booked for 27th August 2021 (2 weeks time)

Edited by RobU
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Charlie Cabana said:

If they knew they were submitting to an experimental medical treatment that didn't go through animal testing, they would not be so eager. 

come on , be fair... the Sinovac and the Sinopharm were extensively tested on the Uighurs, and nowhere near all of them died.......

11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Ah well. Another one to block, so that I don't waste my time seeing their nonsense. Third thread I've seen his same 'approach' to topics.

There's an old newspaper line that " the duty of the newspapers is to comfort the afflicted and to afflict the comfortable."

If you change 'comfortable' to 'self-righteous' on here that would fit. And if you have enough time to read and remember 3 of my posts, your time must not be that valuable.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin claimed that Thailand was well on the way to the target of achieving 70% of the population vaccinated and further asserted that every province now has vaccine.

That's  a very subjective statement to make.. depends on which perspective you're looking from.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Well Anutin ! Your time is a complete waste of time, as you seem incapable of these tasks assigned to you as then Health Minister. You are just not delivering on your remit.

Time for you to take a vocational change, and maybe find some employment that you will be capable of doing well.

Good luck with that.

Digging holes or building bridges?

19 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Well on its way?  According to what metric?  Before the year 2024?  1 % vaccinated each month?

they did 1% of the population in one day this week, in fact on 2 days they achieved over 600,000 jabs, i would think that at a guess 30% of the population have been one jabbed

Edited by steve187

20 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Today I'm going to walk from Bkk to Chiang Rai. I left 5 minutes ago.

I'm now well on the way.

That's how I can understand his statement best.

I believe your claim INFINITELY more. You certainly live up to your screen name! Quite the traveler! 555 ????

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

uk has jabed 90% of adults and theres still 30000 cases a day cos of unvacinated refusenics,

most in hospital are unjabbed folks

With near as damn it 90% of all adults vaccinated that just seems unlikely.... where do you get data on this?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Thailand said:

That's great news.

All lockdowns / closures finished by the end of August. Book your holidays.

Could be that someone has been smoking dodgy weed though.

Certainly blowing smoke! 

• Like 1