Thailand well on the way to vaccinating 70% of population - vaccine in every province, says Anutin

webfact

I think it is a shame that the DPM can get away with false statements. The administrators and head hospital staff all over the country must know this man is greatly exaggerating (maybe even those standing with him on that stage). Doesn't his boss know that Mr. Anutin is making...correction...helping to make this government a laughing stock...or maybe not. Do Thai people believe them?

• Like 1

70% of the 70M population is 49M. 
where are the 49M doses of the vaccine coming from? Fully vaccinated means 98M doses. 

my question is Why didn’t any of the reporter or news media ask him to explain how he arrived at his figures?

does anyone in this govt know basic math?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Over 600,000 jabs yesterday. 

Fantastic effort by all the front line staff. More than the UK managed on any single day I believe even with the Army, volunteers, etc. 

More than the UK has ever managed…you really believe that 636k number? If they couldn’t do that in the UK then they definitely could t do it in Thailand.

• Haha 1

Lies, lies and more lies. Anything coming from this administration at this point, is likely to be a lie, and fake news. They should all be arrested, based on their own laws, which of course do not apply to them. And we need to take into account the vast majority of the vaccines used to date are Sinopharm. We cannot discuss too much detail, but you all know how effective that vax is. 

Thailand has administered at least 18,961,703 doses of COVID vaccines so far. Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about 13.6% of the country’s population.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/thailand/

2 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

More than the UK has ever managed…you really believe that 636k number? If they couldn’t do that in the UK then they definitely could t do it in Thailand.

Course not Doctor Doom

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

His lips are moving again, you know what that means!!

Does this character know there are more than 10,000 people in Thailand? 

Ah but he only thinks of the 10.000 hi-so vip,  the other  64  million are of little interest, in a normal  country i would say, of little interest until a general election is due but that seems to matter not here.

1 hour ago, DonaldBattles said:

Is my only choice for vaccination Sinovac from China?

depends on which location you want freedom

if vaccine passports are introduced in future for Thailand they might reject those who haven't had Sinovac/Sinopharm from entering national parks etc.

5 hours ago, Chris.B said:

He must think we are all idiots! ????

Fools always think everybody else is an idiot…..mainly because stupid people do not know they are stupid. Thai people are fed up with these clowns running the country into the ground. But what can they do?

22 minutes ago, thaiowl said:

70% of the population is about 49mn. As of yesterday at 1pm, 15.2mn had received one dose and 4.3mn had received two doses. A long way to go before 49mn receive two doses.

Thailand vaccination 06:08:2021.png

If 15,180,276 have had 1 dose, 4,277,071 have had 2 doses and 175,190 have had 3 doses, why isn't the total number of doses

24,259988? According to my 7-year old.

Anutin claimed that Thailand was well on the way to the target of achieving 70% of the population vaccinated and further asserted that every province now has vaccine. 

He said that he was spending his time making sure that everyone got a jab and ensuring the sick were looked after. 

I can only think of one word Bolloc*s

Edited by dallen52
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Mister MXYZPTLK said:

70% of the 70M population is 49M. 
where are the 49M doses of the vaccine coming from? Fully vaccinated means 98M doses. 

my question is Why didn’t any of the reporter or news media ask him to explain how he arrived at his figures?

does anyone in this govt know basic math?

Reporters being tough and asking leading questions and perservering until they get an answer, in Thailand - you must be joking, they might get a spray of alcohol if they are lucky...... ????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Not only that but a sudden 60% increase in efficiency overnight?

Incredibly naive.

…..and from memory over 500,000 yesterday……keep up. 

If you won the lottery you would probably say it wasn’t enough. 

Incredibly negative 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Sad 1

At this point in time, things can only get better.

Granted, the initial planning and organisation was completely mangled in politics - it's coming along, though. Slow but sure. 

Most Thais that I know - family, extended family, close friends, neighbors, etc have had their first jab - from 4/5 weeks ago. 

• Confused 1

Sky News UK did a report today that by next week half of the population of Myanmar, 22 million, will have Covid. And bearing mind Thailand's leaky border I'd say that Thailand's figures will continue to rise and may rocket.

The UK's ambassador to the UN has warned half of Myanmar's population could be infected with coronavirus by the middle of August.

The full article:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-people-in-myanmar-forced-to-keep-corpses-in-their-homes-for-days-amid-worsening-third-wave-12366439

To make this statement like that you need the vaccines on hand . You dont , not even AZ. You need about 72 million vaccines in the next 4 months. You will get to 70% sometime next year unless you pull a fast one like tell everyone they only need one jab of any vaccine you have. Also just a reminder , you also need to give boosters to anyone that got 2 jabs of the wonderful Sinovac like the healthcare workers were given. Then there is  many government workers and school teachers that got Sinovac. That's probably another 4 million jabs of AZ, Moderna or Pfizer . Your choice 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

since March, so in 5 months, 22% had the first shot and 6% had the second shot. Only 19%, of the total 100mln planned this year.

There is no chance that within the next 5 month minimum 70% can be fully vaccinated.

There is shortage of the AZ from the start, only half of projected monthly allowance will be delivered.

Sinovac is ineffective for delta.

The mRNA were ordered just 2 weeks ago and waiting time is well over for the next year.

With new mutations arriving, those already vaccinated will need the booster within 6 months, i.e. already this year

Anutin only ordered 3 million doses a month in the contract.  The shortfall is his own fault.

That Moderna has already been accounted and paid for mostly by expats and well of Thais.

People vaccinated with Sinovac shouldn't even be counted as its efficiency against the Delta variant is even worse than the 50.4% against the Alpha.  

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1