Thailand well on the way to vaccinating 70% of population - vaccine in every province, says Anutin

webfact

19 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The answer is honesty and clarity and a plan to get the best vaccines for the people and quickly, and none of these have been a factor in the BS coming from the mouths of the toy soldiers.

So we 'are' doomed then.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, but what is the time frame ?

8 months since having a vaccine and 5 % of the population vaccinated , at this rate it will take about ten years to reach the 70 % vaccinated figure 

With more and more reports saying a third jab will be need, for a full protection ,and  some other reports saying four jabs may be needed .

Some who have had their first jab ,are probable  thinking will I even get my second jab,its looking like a major train derailment . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

His lips are moving again, you know what that means!!

Does this character know there are more than 10,000 people in Thailand? 

He only counts those he would describe as 'Important People''; so i'd be surprised if he could get to 10,000.   All others (including us) are expendable Cannon Fodder !

23 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Any mention of the guys name and I know it's more BS.

I look forward to Thailand getting ride of these clowns and returning us to better days.

What worries me is who the next bunch of 'Clowns' are going to be ?

• Like 2

Anutin claimed that Thailand was well on the way to the target of achieving 70% of the population vaccinated and further asserted that every province now has vaccine. 

Thailand has received 1.54 million Pfizer doses to date, 450,000 AZ doses (from UK), xxx,xxx AZ (from Japan) and whatever the local AZ debacle produced to date. 

French expats inoculated with J&J, Swiss inoculated with ???, and I think I heard Japanese had vaccines shipped in for themselves (or coming shortly).  And of course the Chinese with Sinovac.

Where is the order(s) for Moderna?  And how many doses?

Where is the order(s) for additional Pfizer doses?

Are any order(s) in for J&J doses?

Why doesn't one of the media sources keep a running list of what these politicians say is ordered (not the b*ll<deleted> they speak)?

What does 70% inoculated mean?  First jab, 2 jabs (except for Sinovac needing 3 jabs) ... 

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

since March, so in 5 months, 22% had the first shot and 6% had the second shot. Only 19%, of the total 100mln planned this year.

There is no chance that within the next 5 month minimum 70% can be fully vaccinated.

There is shortage of the AZ from the start, only half of projected monthly allowance will be delivered.

Sinovac is ineffective for delta.

The mRNA were ordered just 2 weeks ago and waiting time is well over for the next year.

With new mutations arriving, those already vaccinated will need the booster within 6 months, i.e. already this year

In other words, Thailand is well on its way to reach 70% vaccinated????

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Latest figures show that only a small proportion of Thais - mostly in the medical profession - have received two jabs and numbers of one jabbed people remain low, mostly the elderly, people with underlying health problems and pregnant women.

So FAKE news then spouted  by Anutjob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

By Thursday, 19,632,537 people in Thailand had been vaccinated, including 15,180,276 people who have received the first jab and 4,277,071 who have been fully inoculated. - These figures provided in today's report so not even half way there yet by any standards

I think the numbers themselves are suspect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin claimed that Thailand was well on the way to the target of achieving 70% of the population vaccinated and further asserted that every province now has vaccine. 

He said that he was spending his time making sure that everyone got a jab and ensuring the sick were looked after. 

The man is delusional that's all I can say.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The embattled minister came bearing gifts - 10,000 doses of Sinovac and Pfizer vaccines - the former for the local authority, the latter for the hospital itself

Where did he pinch the Pfizer vaccines from?

Page 1 of the Benevolent Tyrant's Handbook.  Order a functionary to remove a small portion of vaccine doses, donated by another country, and then go on a stage seeking adulation and pats on the back for "gifting" critical supplies that being hoarded in a government refrigerator for the past week.  How many medical personnel at this hospital were directed to stop what they were doing in order to attend this ham-fisted PR show.

Thailand's way behind the power curve with vaccinations.

Less talk and clumsy PR shows.

More action. 

From the article:

The embattled minister came bearing gifts - 10,000 doses of Sinovac and Pfizer vaccines - the former for the local authority, the latter for the hospital itself. 

They are intended for frontline medical staff reported INN. 

Surely All frontline medical staff will have been double jabbed already.

Let's face it, all MPs, their family, their family friends and friends of their friends have already had their full course of vaccines.

Maybe they moonlight as frontliners.

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

That's great news.

All lockdowns / closures finished by the end of August. Book your holidays.

Could be that someone has been smoking dodgy weed though.

The minister in-charge has a different product to pedal than weed, by his definition it's called flour...... 

I live in a big Isaan village where there are many schools , local government officers and police .

My wife is a school head teacher , she told me that all the teachers and other state employees were summoned to be vaccinated .

Only 3 people attended , my wife doesn't want to be vaccinated , but she tried to get me vaccinated . There must be plenty of Sinovac available , but NO , foreigners must have Pfizer . I won't have Pfizer on principle because it is American and the US has been trying to steal the market , in particular Sputnik V that would be my choice . If other communities are similar to ours there will be a great resistance to vaccination . 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1