Juicer !!!! Anyone tried one of these?

JDJD

I brought one a few years back after watching... "Fat Sick & Nearly dead" really worth downloading .

Mine was far more expensive. From Korea, "Kuvings" the good Juicers are usually the Slow Juicers...... they have a Ceramic orbit (heart)  which slowly turns, you do not usually need to use the plunger. I could not see on the video of Sokany that it had an orbit....just seemed to be fast spin pushing it through--which isn't the best for pure juice.

But the price is great---so worth looking at I think JDJD

The taste when doing green--is not wonderful......you have to neck it as they say. I think Robblock or someone on here commented that they put Coffee in with it.

Have a look at the Kuvings.......its rated as one of the best--but in the higher price end

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Thanks for the input. I had an Omega auger slow juicer for a few years and it worked well. The design of your Kuvings photo is eerily similar to the old Omega design. The new Omega design, NC800 seems to have much better reviews. At about ฿12,000, imported. I get it. If you juice regularly, the expense might well pay off, but I'm wondering if any of these sub ฿1000 juicers are even descent. Thanks again. 

30 minutes ago, JDJD said:

but I'm wondering if any of these sub ฿1000 juicers are even descent.

My best guess it's the same as many of these cheaper products. They seem to do the job at first but longevity is the issue. Bought a VItaMix blender clone...worked great...but eventually the bearings in the blade assembly needed replacement...not a big deal but my guess is that Juicer won't last too long before the motor burns out.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I brought one a few years back after watching... "Fat Sick & Nearly dead" really worth downloading .

Mine was far more expensive. From Korea, "Kuvings" the good Juicers are usually the Slow Juicers...... they have a Ceramic orbit (heart)  which slowly turns, you do not usually need to use the plunger. I could not see on the video of Sokany that it had an orbit....just seemed to be fast spin pushing it through--which isn't the best for pure juice.

But the price is great---so worth looking at I think JDJD

The taste when doing green--is not wonderful......you have to neck it as they say. I think Robblock or someone on here commented that they put Coffee in with it.

Have a look at the Kuvings.......its rated as one of the best--but in the higher price end

I think the juicer you are talking about has a different name here in Thailand.

Here it is the Reboot Master 6000.We have had one for years,very good machine and still using it.

The 1500 baht machine i had before that was a piece of junk and did not last long.

https://thailandjuicer.com/สินค้า/เครื่องคั้นน้ำแยกกาก-reboot-master-6000-สีดำ/

• Like 1

Hi,  
Yes I bought the exact one in your second photo there with the sliced oranges.  
I've had it for about a year and probably used it 20 times or so with different fruits and veggies.  I can't believe how well it works for the price I paid, and I've never had a problem with it.  I just wanted to experiment with it, thinking it was junk but if it worked for me I could buy a more expensive one later.  As said, I don't use it everyday but for what I need it is a great purchase.  My only complaint about it, is that it makes a big mess and is difficult to clean.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JDJD said:

Thanks for the input. I had an Omega auger slow juicer for a few years and it worked well. The design of your Kuvings photo is eerily similar to the old Omega design. The new Omega design, NC800 seems to have much better reviews. At about ฿12,000, imported. I get it. If you juice regularly, the expense might well pay off, but I'm wondering if any of these sub ฿1000 juicers are even descent. Thanks again. 

For me, I like the Omega, the 800. I use it mainly for vegetable juice. Two reasons why I like it. It does a better job of juicing, i.e., less pulp, and secondly it’s so easy to clean.I saved a bit of money by bringing one over and then getting a converter for 220 to 110. Works great.

I got the Nama cold press juicer after watching "fat sick and nearly dead". It's been very good so far. Looks very similar to the one from the OP. You can order in multiple plug styles to suit your region 110/240V etc. (it's also the one Joe Cross promotes). side note, I've never had so much fruit and vegetables into my body before and have lost 5 kg over about a 2 month period. Highly recommend the lifestyle. 

Forget  about cheap juicers cos they may only last a day or 2 . Top of the range is the Kuvings but in my opinion are overpriced and are double the price of the  Reboot Master 6000 slow juicer which has a 5 year motor guarantee . My lady has the Reboot at a cost of around 10,000 baht and now it is 3 years old with no problems . It is classified as a commercial machine and it is used daily in our restaurant sometimes for 3 hours on continuous use when  juicing 40 kg of passion fruit that is sold at the local market. For sure Kuvings juicer is well known and reliable but it is expensive and only compares equally to the Reboot which is less than half the price of Kuvings .

5 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

I bought a Tefal 3 years ago for 1,500 baht and use it almost every day. The wife also uses the dry condiment grinding attachment on it when she's cooking.

Excellent, don't know how we ever managed without one

Any chance you have a model number for the Tfal? Thanks to everyone for the input. Reboot might be the way to go here. We shall see! :)