Woman seriously injured after being allegedly attacked by her intoxicated husband in the Pattaya area

webfact

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

I knew you would show ....  even when I commented I was thinking robblok will be along soon.    Lol  

steven 1 - 1 robblok .....   remember , the other guy was an addict, always in his system ....

Steven you have no clue how drugs work so better stop. Your alcohol is a drug are you constantly addicted to it ? if you so your an alcoholic. That is the same as a drug addict. You do understand that only a small portion of the people consuming alcohol turn into alcoholics ? The same goes for other drugs. I shown you the science but you live in your own lil world. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Steven you have no clue how drugs work so better stop. Your alcohol is a drug are you constantly addicted to it ? if you so your an alcoholic. That is the same as a drug addict. You do understand that only a small portion of the people consuming alcohol turn into alcoholics ? The same goes for other drugs. I shown you the science but you live in your own lil world. 

sorry,  I do know how drugs work ..... I have known many who were drug users AND USING DRUGS IS WRONG !!!

weren't you ever taught that  ?    drinking beer is not frowned upon as much as a Drug Addict is.

You seem to have this notion that a drug addict is fine, and that if you go down the path of drugs then that's no problem.   Strange way of thinking in my book. 

again, we agree to disagree ... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just send you a scientific link but that probably goes over your head. The graph came from the lancet.

As you can see pot is far less of a problem then alcohol. Its a common fact that pot heads are far less agressive then the average alcohol user. Pot heads that drink and smoke are alcohol users too. So I would not count them as potheads you can count them in both categories. 

Anyway according to you most thais beat their wives and have an alcohol problem while you on the other hand have none and are perfect and pot heads are bad.. Thanks.. i don't often drop laughing from my chair.

https://www.vox.com/2015/2/24/8094759/alcohol-marijuana

RIP.... Man............... RIP

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, robblok said:
40 minutes ago, kensawadee said:

Any documentation on that comment defending 'Pot Heads' ??????

Pot heads only eat, or assult, chocolate and Pizza as a main choice????

They never smoke a joint and drink a pint???????

Right????????    (How Funny this has become..... )

And we forgot all about the 'Drunken' Thai Bas_tard who beats his wife and often kills them.... I have about 45 years experience in Thailand (and 2 Thai wives) and I've seen for myself that Thai men and 'Thai men Cops' have a large PERCENT of legitimate questionability.... and percentage wise alcohol is often the key factor.... My Thai wife from Korat has 2 brothers that are RTP Cops.... Drunk, On Duty, daily.... Most of their fellow officers like-wise.....

Expand  

Just send you a scientific link but that probably goes over your head. The graph came from the lancet.

That could be a scientific proof to a 'pot-head' looking desperately for some back up........ But it really doesn't convince us non-doper crowd..... There is millions of these distorted scientific charts around for what ever farce you like to prove is real.........

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And another example of a woman being unable to pick a good partner. Sadly. It happens so often and I'm baffled how someone can decide, 'yep, that's the one for me'.

Sometimes it's more about financial security. If the woman already had a child she may be hard pressed to support herself and the child, especially in today's covid climate. So she takes the risk and marries the man despite his aggressive qualities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Yea lets be angry at the drug that causes less damage then alcohol.  

Anyway I don't defend any violence, violence is the worst thing. At least pot heads assault a pizza or mars bar not people like alcoholics do.

People who are violent while on any drug alcohol included should get extra punishment. 

drugs.JPG

Chart from 2010 - way before the Oxy and Fentanyl became available - brought to you by Big Pharma and endorsed by your local Gov't

Anyone who thinks marijuana causes you to be violent either has NEVER used it or is completely ignorant. I pick door #2

Edited by canthai55
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kensawadee said:

But it really doesn't convince us non-doper crowd

Drink alcohol ?  Take acetaminophen ? Go to your doctor ever and get medication for aches, pains, broken bones, sprains ?

If you answered YES then you are a Doper too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobU said:
6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And another example of a woman being unable to pick a good partner. Sadly. It happens so often and I'm baffled how someone can decide, 'yep, that's the one for me'.

Sometimes it's more about financial security. If the woman already had a child she may be hard pressed to support herself and the child, especially in today's covid climate. So she takes the risk and marries the man despite his aggressive qualities.

Yes, but shouldn't the partner she had the kid with be that support? Or did she make a previous poor choice and he'd left?

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry,  I do know how drugs work ..... I have known many who were drug users AND USING DRUGS IS WRONG !!!

weren't you ever taught that  ?    drinking beer is not frowned upon as much as a Drug Addict is.

You seem to have this notion that a drug addict is fine, and that if you go down the path of drugs then that's no problem.   Strange way of thinking in my book. 

again, we agree to disagree ... 

Alcohol is a drug, and yes beer is not frowned upon because of ignorance by people like you.

3 hours ago, kensawadee said:

That could be a scientific proof to a 'pot-head' looking desperately for some back up........ But it really doesn't convince us non-doper crowd..... There is millions of these distorted scientific charts around for what ever farce you like to prove is real.........

No need for back up, most science supports the fact that pot is far less damaging then alcohol. You should just look for yourself. However as an consumer of alcohol i doubt you will. I mean its nice do demonize an other drug. 

More than 30,700 Americans died from alcohol-induced causes in 2014. There have been zero documented deaths from marijuana use alone.

Meanwhile, no deaths from marijuana overdoses have been reported, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration. A 16-year study of more than 65,000 Americans, published in the American Journal of Public Health, found that healthy marijuana users were not more likely to die earlier than healthy people who did not use cannabis.

https://www.businessinsider.com/alcohol-marijuana-which-worse-health-2017-11#more-than-30700-americans-died-from-alcohol-induced-causes-in-2014-there-have-been-zero-documented-deaths-from-marijuana-use-alone-2

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Chart from 2010 - way before the Oxy and Fentanyl became available - brought to you by Big Pharma and endorsed by your local Gov't

Anyone who thinks marijuana causes you to be violent either has NEVER used it or is completely ignorant. I pick door #2

Side effect of Cannabis is Paranoia and Schizophrenia. Paranoid Schizophrenics frequently kill people and do other harm against innocent victims. You need to read ALL the research not cherry pick. Cannabis users are frequently anti social and very noisy. When angry neighbours complain they often claim that the neighbour has been drinking because they don't touch alcohol and they think this will divert the authorities who investigate. There is evidence that the 'effect' of cannabis is what the user want's it to be many people try it and get stinking headaches or other detrimental effects to some people it seems to have no effect however the level of arousal (not sex) is raised in those people and they react strongly to external stimulus which often incites anger and violence in the cannabis user. Of course some people just fall asleep.

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes, but shouldn't the partner she had the kid with be that support? Or did she make a previous poor choice and he'd left?

I's common in Thailand for girls to 'make mistakes' when they are young. the father disappears and often the grandparents raise the child whilst the daughter carries on with her life and gets married, I have experience of this with my fiancé's extended family. The grandparents usually raise the child as their own sometime being called mother and father by the child. Perhaps this lady has no such support or her support has died

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobU said:

I's common in Thailand for girls to 'make mistakes' when they are young. the father disappears and often the grandparents raise the child whilst the daughter carries on with her life and gets married, I have experience of this with my fiancé's extended family. The grandparents usually raise the child as their own sometime being called mother and father by the child. Perhaps this lady has no such support or her support has died

It is very common for parents, or a mother, not to bring up their own child in Thailand. But in Thailand many have kids as an insurance policy so they will be taken care of by their kids when they get older. Actually raising them and taking care of them isn't a priority. In our society it is far more common for the elderly to be more independent.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kensawadee said:

Thai men ... They cannot hold their liquor.... ONE BEER and they don't know what they are doing (I'm sure there may be exceptions to that, but it is common  knowledge... It must be genetic).....

A totally false generalisation about Thais.   What you claim certainly is not "common knowledge" or "genetic".

10 hours ago, kensawadee said:

If you will re-read my reply you will see that I DID NOT SAY all Thais are included.... Certainly there are some that can hold their drink..... There are some American Indians can hold their drink.... But I am an observer of percentages and draw many of my conclusions from percentages.... My reply was just making a comparison and I implore you to re-read it.....

Yes, you did, this is what you said,

"Thai men [not some, a few, a minority] (not sure about Thai women) seem very similar to The American Native Indians..... They cannot hold their liquor.... ONE BEER and they don't know what they are doing"

That was categorically stating that "Thai men cannot hold their liquor and after one beer they don't know what they are doing".  There is no other way to interpret that.  If you did not mean to suggest that about all Thai men, the qualifier "some" should have been used.  There were no "percentages" quoted or referred to in your false comment.    

Edited by Liverpool Lou

14 hours ago, sungod said:

No one knows the circumstances in this case, but further lockdowns will only increase the number of domestic abuse cases.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you base that on?

Emerging figures in the UK show that the rate of reported Domestic abuse during lockdown has more than doubled. Theory is that there is nowhere to go and aggressive unstable people (Both male and female) are taking it out on their partners and children. These are only figures where complaints have been made the actual figure will be much higher

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, robblok said:

No need for back up, most science supports the fact that pot is far less damaging then alcohol.

Stop trying to justify bad habits....... particularly by simply pointing elsewhere. 

14 hours ago, RobU said:

Side effect of Cannabis is Paranoia and Schizophrenia. Paranoid Schizophrenics frequently kill people and do other harm against innocent victims. You need to read ALL the research not cherry pick.

And where did you find this "Research" ? Comic books, Westboro Baptist church ? Local police departments ? 555

Been around users of marijuana my whole life. Not one is Paranoid. Not one is Schizo.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Stop trying to justify bad habits....... particularly by simply pointing elsewhere. 

Why needs to be said a culture should change when science supports it. 

Edited by robblok

14 hours ago, RobU said:

Side effect of Cannabis is Paranoia and Schizophrenia. Paranoid Schizophrenics frequently kill people and do other harm against innocent victims. You need to read ALL the research not cherry pick. Cannabis users are frequently anti social and very noisy. When angry neighbours complain they often claim that the neighbour has been drinking because they don't touch alcohol and they think this will divert the authorities who investigate. There is evidence that the 'effect' of cannabis is what the user want's it to be many people try it and get stinking headaches or other detrimental effects to some people it seems to have no effect however the level of arousal (not sex) is raised in those people and they react strongly to external stimulus which often incites anger and violence in the cannabis user. Of course some people just fall asleep.

Can be a side effect but not a likely one. Do come up with cases where this has happened then i come with cases where alcohol was in play with killings. Guess what happens more. Its verry hard for older alcohol drinkers to accept that their habbit is far worse then canabis. They seem to shrug off the aggression and other bad effects of alcohol and accept them but put other drugs under a microscope. 

Dont forget alcohol damages the brain cannabis does not. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320895

Their findings linked alcohol consumption with long-term changes to the structure of white matter and gray matter in the brain.

The use of marijuana, however, seemed to have no significant long-term effects on brain structure.

Any drug including alcohol if done in excess is harmful to self. I think weed in moderation is OK but again problems occur if you overdue it. Having said that I would much rather be around a weed hound than a drunk.

11 hours ago, RobU said:

Emerging figures in the UK show that the rate of reported Domestic abuse during lockdown has more than doubled. Theory is that there is nowhere to go and aggressive unstable people (Both male and female) are taking it out on their partners and children. These are only figures where complaints have been made the actual figure will be much higher

This isn't the UK!