Are you proud of the Olympic contenders of "your" country?

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems some athletes actually like running all day or things like that.

When my sister was young she trained at least 5days a week at least 2h. I never understood it but she liked it. And now, many years later she trains again - definitely not for any money or to gain notoriety. 

Good there are people like this, I know some of them for myself, they do it for pleasure and to keep a  good shape

not the same planet than the "olympic competitors " or mercenaries who compet for an other country, for money

in athletics, see a Danish or Swedish as black as ebony makes me puzzled but I know why they are here ( see African countries like Kenya or Ethiopia ,  who are the best for long distances runs )  

1 minute ago, Aforek said:

Good there are people like this, I know some of them  myself, they do it for pleasure and to keep a  good shape

not the same planet than the "olympic competitors " or mercenaries who compet for an other country, for money

in athletics, see a Danish or Swedish as black as ebony makes me puzzled but I know why they are here ( see African countries like Kenya or Ethiopia ,  who are the best for long distances runs )  

Not really but I have respect for the years of dedication and training and some proud enough to stand up to the IOC. Athletes should have less rules and more freedom of speech.  These seem so pointless, the flags and anthems. What good comes of borders and nationalism?

The host city could stage a limited number of major events, other sports held around the world at existing sports facilities. The opening and closing ceremonies could be staged virtually. Olympics, a  private sports league masquerading as a noble International edifice. Really it is just a cash grab for elites.  IOC have no interest in reform. 2032 will be Brisbane. No other city wanted it!

download.jpeg

Edited by Captain Monday

On 8/16/2021 at 11:58 PM, Neeranam said:

My country wasn't there. 

Why do they let England cheat by adding Scotland?

Why do Scotland put up with it?

I never thought about that! Not sure why but even Guam and Puerto Rico have own Olympic teams.

One shooter from Guam even competed in the winter biathalon.

• Like 1

Impossible to watch Olympics with empty stadiums. Looks like an amateur event. 

Also, I had a laugh watching people running, fighting, sweating and spitting on each others, while when on the podium distanced and wearing a mask. Sadly just another event to vehicle the covid religion.

9 hours ago, Sundown said:

Impossible to watch Olympics with empty stadiums. Looks like an amateur event. 

Also, I had a laugh watching people running, fighting, sweating and spitting on each others, while when on the podium distanced and wearing a mask. Sadly just another event to vehicle the covid religion.

The athletes wondered why they played to empty stadiums, while Japanese professional baseball games and sumo tournaments were held with spectators as unvaccinated untested Tokyo-ites rode packed trains to crowded offices. A phisically challenged  swimmer was not allowed to bring her mother who is her carer. Nursing mom athletes were allowed to bring their children. One left her kid at home out saying the rules were too cumbersome. 

Could it have been perhaps, racism?

**Three-time gold medalist Becca Meyers, who is deaf and blind, said Tuesday that she's dropping out of the Tokyo Paralympics. The swimmer said she made the "gut-wrenching" decision because the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee refused her request to bring her personal care assistant with her to the Games.**

https://www.king5.com/article/sports/olympics/spain-synchronized-swimmer-says-tokyo-olympic-rules-forced-to-leave-breastfeeding-child-home/507-c151cbef-fbdf-4abe-ada4-9e2eb131dc4f