CCSA to consider allowing stores to sell electrical goods

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thailand's DPM and Commerce minister Jurin Laksanavisit paid a visit to Makro on Samsen, Bangkok, yesterday then spoke to the press about his findings.

He said that he would be pressing the CCSA (Covid authority) to allow the sale of important electrical items that people need during lockdown.

He told Daily News that people need more than food - they need the means to cook it. 

"Microwaves and rice cookers are needed as well as fans and should all be for sale to help people in lockdown," he said. He accepted that such items could be bought online but this was not possible for some people.

He has a list of ten items in the proposal - the media said this would include things like kettles, electric skillets and toasters, reported Daily News

The minister said that prices of items like pork and chicken had come down after a spike and the same should be seen for cooking oil. 

But he noted that size three eggs were still expensive at 3.50 baht each. 

He expected this to stabilize after availability increases and noted there were no major problems in the food supply chain. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Allowing???? Makro, Big C and Lotus´s is already doing that. All small shops are also doing it. What drug has this guy found?

You live in a deep red zone what this is all about?

Of course I can buy all that where I live.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

You live in a deep red zone what this is all about?

Of course I can buy all that where I live.

You lost me there??? Is Supermarkets closed in deep red zones? All small shops closed too? If closed it does not matter if they allow the sale of goods. It´s closed anyway. ????? 

Just now, Gottfrid said:

Is Supermarkets closed in deep red zones? All small shops closed too?

No and no.

But as last year only food/essentials allowed to sale.

Shops without food/essentials closed.

In 2020 even here we had the absurd situation of taped off sections at Lotus as well as Makro. Heaven thanks not this year, red zone "only".

11 minutes ago, johng said:

They had sections closed in Makro yesterday  seems you cant buy plastic chairs, boxes and chefs equipment either ???

As written that was seen in our area some time in 2020.

Fortunately today business as usual in red zone.

I searched for a best example video from a "ghost" mall in Pattaya to no avail.

Lotus basement stalls and food court all closed/mothballed etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ

During the lockdowns in the USA, so many stores roped off areas of the store and only allowed food or pharmacy sales.   I mean, just a stupid way to try and control things.  Yes it May limit some shopping and interaction, but that is more than canceled by routine shopping.  I think it was just silly.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No and no.

But as last year only food/essentials allowed to sale.

Shops without food/essentials closed.

In 2020 even here we had the absurd situation of taped off sections at Lotus as well as Makro. Heaven thanks not this year, red zone "only".

Ok, then I understand. So, he is basing his good news on restriction since last year. Good on him. ???? 

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

As written that was seen in our area some time in 2020.

Fortunately today business as usual in red zone.

I searched for a best example video from a "ghost" mall in Pattaya to no avail.

Lotus basement stalls and food court all closed/mothballed etc.

The above photo was of the Pattaya Makro yesterday ( Chonburi is in the dark red zone )

Here the South Pattaya Big C a couple of weeks ago 

sorry for blurry photo I was rushing to avoid the Covid zombies

upstairs in the actual Big C  "proper" the clothes and electrical department where closed off all the phone shops and small stalls shut but  the all important alcahol department was open.

Sorry for blurry photo I was rushing to avoid Covid zombies ????

P_20210722_121124.thumb.jpg.d76d37dee407b9101db779221ac44156.jpg

• Like 1

So you can go into shops and touch all food type goods and fruit etc and decide not to buy them and put them back down where you got them . Yet you can’t touch never mind buy a pot or spatula for cooking !!

For what utterly insane reason ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems to be hit or miss in Pattaya.  My partner and I bought a tv yesterday at a big box store.  Some of the big box stores have areas roped off but we were in Thai Watsadu the other day and I don't remember any areas roped off.    

• Like 1

Big C Extra in Pattaya had all the non essential goods areas taped of until recently, all the tape has been taken down and the staff are there again. A phone shop directly opposite the Police box at the traffic lights has also reopened.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Allowing???? Makro, Big C and Lotus´s is already doing that. All small shops are also doing it. What drug has this guy found?

Indeed. My nearby Big C made a half-baked attempt to fence off the "nonessential" areas during the first week, then they gave up completely.

As for the incompetent clowns from the CCSA: Exactly the same happened last year, during the first lockdown. Suddenly they realized that people might need to replace their rice cookers or mobile phones. Don't they ever learn from even their silliest mistakes?

Coincidentally, a Thai friend who returned to Bangkok to start a new job needed to buy various household items when moving into his new apartment. It would have been insane if he had been unable to buy them.

Edited by Caldera
Typos
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Don't they ever learn from even their silliest mistakes?

They don't and seem to have no connection the real world.

Shops/departments with these products are rarely crowded/packed.

At Makro the rows are the least frequented while people are crammed at the meat/scale.

• Like 1

Sorry mate, you're at least a year out of date.

Stores are selling all this stuff, not like last year when all the aisles were cordoned off.

Last year, it's was mass stupidity, can't buy clothes, shoes, hangers, electrical goods... This year, all good, sensible, nothing cordoned off.

7 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Sorry mate, you're at least a year out of date.

Stores are selling all this stuff, not like last year when all the aisles were cordoned off.

Last year, it's was mass stupidity, can't buy clothes, shoes, hangers, electrical goods... This year, all good, sensible, nothing cordoned off.

They were cordoned off in Big C up until a few days ago.

• Thanks 1

We are in a dark red zone.  Our local HomePro was fully open until a week ago.  You could walk in and shop for whatever you wanted.  Then suddenly the store was closed, only online ordered pickups were allowed.  The thing here is that 'staff' numbers always out numbered customers.  I just don't get why you can buy groceries and not buy hardware.

Of course Lazada and stores with online shopping overcome a lot of this.  Still I like to see major electrical items in the flesh side by side with similar items.