Living in UK, locked out of SCB Bank account

Hi, 

my wife got locked out of her SCB account over the weekend after supposedly illegal attempt to log in.

She spent all morning on Sunday and another couple of hours this morning on the phone to their Service Centre

explaining she wanted the account unlocked and answers varied between, you have to come into the bank

(never gonna happen in the foreseeable future) to you need to talk to your branch in Pattaya. This tried several

times with same answer you need to talk to Service Centre in Bangkok. So I watched on as she ping ponged

between Service Centre and Pattaya SCB to no avail.

They'll quite happily accept payments into her account just not let her make payments from her account!! 

Proper customer friendly bank/

Any thoughts on how this narrative can be changed to unlock my wife's SCB bank account?

22 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Sorry this does n't help but i find the BKK bank call centre very good when i've had issues in the past.

Thanks for feedback. Have already started down this route and BKK is one of the banks we are looking at as they have a branch in London...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Sorry this does n't help but i find the BKK bank call centre very good when i've had issues in the past.

Appreciate feedback but hard to do from UK due to time difference and already decided that other than payments that need to be SCB originated will open a separate bank account that is far more user friendly from the UK...

On 8/10/2021 at 3:11 PM, eastendanto said:

will open a separate bank account that is far more user friendly from the UK...

Not sure you will be able to do that but happy to be proved wrong........

On 8/10/2021 at 3:10 PM, eastendanto said:

BKK is one of the banks we are looking at as they have a branch in London

Commercial (IE not retail) accounts only. You can send transfers through it but my understanding always has been that this has to be set up in Thailand.

I am sorry, but you will be locked out of your account until you make an appearance in person. Happened to me with BMO Harris Bank when I was in Thailand and they wanted me to fly to Chicago (I'm Canadian). They didn't want to budge. Finally I took a flight back to Canada as the bank is actually Canadian owned. Saw a hot Russian bank manager flirted a bit and she made a phone call to my branch. That trip to Canada cost me about 5,000 to unlock the account, but at least I didn't have to fly to USA.

• Like 1

Been locked out of my FCD K bank account for 18 months no amount of calling worked it took 5 days to find the right branch in Patong sandbox cost £21.50 just to update my book as my branch is in CM blatant profiteering but at least my cash is still intact???? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, topt said:

Not sure you will be able to do that but happy to be proved wrong........

Commercial (IE not retail) accounts only. You can send transfers through it but my understanding always has been that this has to be set up in Thailand.

as I have now found out, have to wait until we get back over to Thailand hopefully next year to sort out a more overseas friendly access Thai bank...