Expatvac Appointment Email!

Chris.B

31 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

There is very good reason to prefer one vaccine over another especially since they all are brand new and studies show vast differences in effectiveness.

The demand to get a vaccine out at the beginning of the Covid was so great that they had to develop them and test them and get them gov. approved as fast as possible.In normal times vaccines would be tested over about 5 years before they hit the public. If they didnt fast track the covid vaccs....and we had to wait 5 years how many people would have died in the interim.?? Also bear in mind that they are all certified by the relevent authorities.I have had the A.V. with no problems.

FYI

Guy behind me , mid 20’s , ( American but lived in Thailand since a child) wanted Pfizer but brought no medical certificate, he has a health issue.

Kicked up a fuss that MedPark had not asked for any proof.

He got to see a supervisor but never saw him again.

Moral of the story:

If under 60 and want Pfizer, get a med certificate.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Don't know about you, but I'm special, I have knocked back AZ and Sinovac, if I don't get Pfizer, I will wait for Moderna that I have paid for, no one is going to tell me what they want to give me, it's as simple as that, we all have choices, so suck it up, at least I stand my ground !

Good on you mate...its your choice .Hope you dont get the covid in the meantime.!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My blood pressure 157/88 !!

Not out of the woods yet ????

deary me,  mines  116/57 pulse 42  doctor nearly fainted here when she checked it in Thailand  told  her its  been that way since i was  about 20 and my Uk doctor said I had the pulse of  an athlete. The she insisted I did an ecg I said  not  necessary its  normal for me.............did  one anyway, came back  normal, they never  listen.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, the email reply system failed big time.

They are restricting the amount entering now as it was pretty crowded, now got to the musical chairs part to get to the paperwork filling part, then onwards, where ? I have no idea .

OMG.

Probably everything has to be inputed by hand.

Its as if Thailand technology was left over from 1985.

There WiFi is darned fast though!

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, they sent another email out, to some, saying to come today through Thursday.

The 13th should be another busy day.

Thanks for the info about this, as Im in a rural  location and dont trust anything they spout I stay well and truly secluded away here. Im going to wait until end of the year or early next and just get it  done privately after the "rush", Now....any photos  of the nurse?

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Actually thought they would take it again when doing the paperwork as seen some having it taken again …. but no …… apparently 157/88 is okay.

Seems like they take it again to release you after the 30 minutes.

Will use the other arm this time.

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Thanks for the info about this, as Im in a rural  location and dont trust anything they spout I stay well and truly secluded away here. Im going to wait until end of the year or early next and just get it  done privately after the "rush", Now....any photos  of the nurse?

F36EBED3-B792-49C4-9167-E9898B528492.thumb.jpeg.9084f96766dda4e80e376696dbe35ad0.jpeg

Not so appealing with all the gear on ????

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

F36EBED3-B792-49C4-9167-E9898B528492.thumb.jpeg.9084f96766dda4e80e376696dbe35ad0.jpeg

Not so appealing with all the gear on ????

Those  rubber  gloves  have  gotten me all excited,reminds me  of  nights  on the  moor  with  old  Bessie the sheepdog????

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

So if one has high blood pressure they won't vaccinate? They'll simply leave you to die of respiratory failure?

"Excessively" high might be more appropriate. They actually leave  you to rest then check again.

At Bang Sue mine was 165/90 (normally 125/82 ish). The guy in front of me was higher..........we were both processed without any delay.

14 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Okay, all done with Pfizer at MedPark 

Arrived 9.30 am , jabbed at 12.00 noon, now waiting 30 minutes.

Not bad I suppose, makes a mockery of the appointment system though which seems to have been abandoned.  You'd think they'd have learned from the Bang Sue fiasco.  I might eve take a stroll over earlier if the mad rush has dies down, maybe leave it until any lunch time bump to the queue length has dies down. 

Just now, SooKee said:

Not bad I suppose, makes a mockery of the appointment system though which seems to have been abandoned.  You'd think they'd have learned from the Bang Sue fiasco.  I might eve take a stroll over earlier if the mad rush has dies down, maybe leave it until any lunch time bump to the queue length has dies down. 

I have a med certificate for these 7 underlying conditions. Do you think you can just go there with a passport?
Do they want to see any booking confirmation email?

Because I registered for Sunday appointment with MedPark but never got a reply lol 

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Being as  the vast  majority dont end up on oyxgen this  is  just  plain FAKE scaremongering   news

Not fake or scaremongering at all.

The worst cases end up on oxygen and ventilators, that's a FACT.

Having any type of vaccine recommended by WHO reduces the chances of this happening massively....another FACT.