Things are getting desperate, Elite pulling out all the stops, to get money flowing back in lol

Jenkins9039

On 8/11/2021 at 8:50 AM, Classic Ray said:

Interested to hear if anyone thinks this could work in Thailand or if it’s just a pipe dream.

Seems to me that Thailand wants to keep people occupied with busy work and needs the bureaucracy for appearances sake.  Therefore it isn't in their interest to make anything quicker or easier.

On 8/11/2021 at 8:50 AM, Classic Ray said:

I think a real opportunity exists for one agent to negotiate with the Immigration  Department to offer a full service for long term residents like retirees and those married to Thais. 

This would entail doing extensions with income statements and 90 day reports, residence notifications etc  as usual for say two or three years (with agent’s help)

After this qualifying period when the bona fides have been proved, the agent could do all the reporting, no need to prove income or residence to Immigration, just submit bank statements or residence changes to agent who does any notifications to Government including 90 day reports.

This would be via a proper functioning website and database, to which the Immigration Dept would have access for monitoring and audit purposes. 

There would be no need for people to visit Immigration offices routinely with thousands of photocopies  which would save the Department and applicants cost. 

I would be prepared to pay reasonable.fees say 5000 or 10000 baht per year for this service, a portion of which could go to Immigration to help cover their costs.

I appreciate that this may not appeal to the Immigration Dept staff who think they would lose jobs, but this could come from natural wastage and cessation of recruitment, or redeployment to enforcement activities.

This is fundamentally a privatization of the routine processes of Immigration like companies like VFS have done for passport renewals. As long as it is regularly and randomly audited, I think it could be effective.

Current agents would be subsumed into the business. 

Interested to hear if anyone thinks this could work in Thailand or if it’s just a pipe dream.

Very big pipe!

Thailand can't do anything about the PCR testing situation world wide. That is what is driving lock downs, causing businesses to close, and costing people their savings.

One Canadian province stopped all Covid measures including all Covid tests. They got bullied into backing down. Thailand wouldn't get away with relaxing travel restrictions. It would make other countries look bad.

One thing that Thailand could do is to copy some other countries advertising themselves as open to expats working from home [but in a foreign country]. A lot of people got sent home to do their office jobs. They shifted out of cities. Some of them can re-locate to Thailand. It would be awesome to work from an island or from the provinces.

Edited by LongTimeLurker66