Are checkpoints still strictly adhered to?

NONG CHOK

Hi all, what is the latest update on the current road checkpoints situation? Are the main roads/highways being strictly policed?  Is it ok to go over a provincial border between 6am and 9pm? I'd like some info as I've run out of medications and I need to cross over a border to go to my usual pharmacy. Where I am right now I've tried many pharmacies but none sell what I require. The last thing I need is the BIB's hitting me with a hefty fine for something so frivolous.  Thanks.

• Haha 1

After this latest round of "curfew and checkpoints" best buddy drove from Jomtien to Korat, spent 3 days, then in to BKK and next night to Swampy after midnight (!), without ever seeing any checkpoints, anywhere at any time. They did register travel, but turned out a total waste of time as was never even questioned along the way. 555

• Thanks 1

Get approval before you leave, don't travel during curfew hours and you'll be fine.  

My wife recently drove from Pattaya to Nakon Ratchasima and back (with approval) and didn't see a single checkpoint. 

• Thanks 1

No check points that I've seen, and I know many who have gone north and south (with their little Kafkaesque  travel pass) and nary a sign of a checkpoint. The Pattaya BIB are conspicuous by their absence at the moment. I think they're all in their bunkers playing cards.

Edited by Gsxrnz
spelling

Fill the form in, and have a list of the medication you need and the address of the source. Haven’t heard of any serious checkpoints ( And indeed that’s probably why so many cars at the weekend are seen in Pattaya)

Hope the trip goes well.

I recently went into and out of BKK from Prachinburi for my vaccine shot. There were one checkpoint set up by the police on the way in, but it was just one of those unattended show checkpoints with loads of tents and people sitting there basically doing nothing. On the way out of BKK however, I encountered a very active military checkpoint at Phanom Sarakham. They seemed to stop vehicles with certain registration plates, presumably red zone plates, but let all other pass.

Earlier this week my wife and I drove from Hua Hin to Bangkok and back again for her to get her first AZ shot (She quickly and easily registered through my/our cell phone provider but it's for Thai's ONLY).  We did not see anything that resembled a checkpoint.

Every weekend in HH we still see a large number of vehicles, mostly Mercedes, BMW's and Porsches, with Bangkok plates on the roads. 

It seems that the talk about checkpoints is just that and nothing more. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

You cannot get less effective at controlling Covid, if you deliberately tried, than this failure known as the leader of the nation. The only leading he is doing, is leading this nation toward a path of economic ruin, devastation, destitution and utter irrelevance. 

You could just as easily be talking about the UK with this comment 

28 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

There are more people in HH now than there has been for a year. Many people have escaped the tougher restrictions in Bangkok and are now resident. But I also see higher occupancy in the hotels so people are still traveling. I went back to Bangkok for a week, never saw a checkpoint in operation. They’re set up, just not used.

Just another staggering failure of this administration. Let's called it failure #1,550. Only this one led to millions of lost jobs and tens of thousands of Covid cases. Many deaths too. And who is responsible for the spread? 

• Like 2

There are Covid checkpoints up here in the north but more often than not there are just a handful of RTP sitting at a table watching the traffic drive by.  Typical RTP checkpoint.  Occasionally they check, most of the time they don't.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, Genericnic said:

I'm on my way from Bangkok to khampang pet. Passed 2 check points between Bangkok and Ayutthaya. Was waived through both. 

David 

Just an update to my previous post.

I went though 4 check points on the way down from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and another 5 on the return trip. One asked me where I was going - I told him Chiang Mai - before waiving me through. All the others merely waved me through. So much for the interprovincial precautions. ????

David

• Thanks 1

Jomtien to chaiyaphum and back last week, not a single checkpoint anywhere .

To be sure, can use the app to register, but seemingly no one cares.

This whole red, dark red, deep dark red, darkest red, etc is just a farce in this way.

• Thanks 1

I have had first Pfizer and my Thai lady,shes had one AZ,But because shes registered with her social in BKK she has to go there to get it,second one 31 st August,i dont particularly want to go BKK,but as no buses running,i must drive her there,if i go to Amphur in Pattaya,it could well be full of people not socially distancing,except for necessary shopping we are at home mostly and follow the rules.So the problem is,do i register or not,for this journey?