Thailand reports 23,418 new COVID-19 cases, 184 more deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Bangkok Hospital #Pattaya has announced a new policy. Regardless what you are getting done you have to take a covid test first before being admitted. This includes even for your caregiver if you have one.

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1426058340866555908

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/13/bangkok-hospital-pattaya-now-offering-covid-19-vaccination-services-for-eligible-foreigners/

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So much for the 500k a day they need to be hitting.  Must mean that either the vaccines are running low, or because it was someone's birthday yesterday it was a public holiday and fewer were working

The required rate is fast approaching 700k per day to meet the end of year target.

19 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

The required rate is fast approaching 700k per day to meet the end of year target.

This was Khaosod English's vaccination chart as of yesterday. They had a one-day high a few days back when they began 3rd dose vaccinations of medical staff and one other 500K+ day, but other than that, they have never made it above 500,000 in a day, and do far less on weekends and holidays, such as yesterday, with 200,000+.

Even if they were making 600K to 700K vaccinations per day on the weekdays (which they're not), they're still going to fall short if they continue the current pattern of weekend and holiday day vaccination levels (at least 2 days out of every 7) falling down into the 100K to 200K range.

Screenshot_1.jpg.73a1c8bfe440b8299645b52ba72e6fdd.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/4587664944585735

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really stupid regulation that in goverment buildings always have to be goverment officer in 24/7!

So wife drive today 65 kilometer from village home to office, her turn to be in office whit other woman. Men normaly in night shift. Normaly men only sign in and morning sign out, never there! But woman there all the time, wife today from 7:30 to 16:30. And yes there visit many people even this covid times not alloved!

13 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

From yesterday, the actual number required to meet the 100m come end of year is 546,190 daily doses.

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

From yesterday, the actual number required to meet the 100m come end of year is 546,190 daily doses.

Khaosod English is using a different target number to meet the year end goal. Their calculation as of yesterday:

"At this rate, Thailand needs to administer 666,298 doses per day within 143 days to reach the herd immunity target by the year's end."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

And even they manage its only 70% from people! In europe now saying needed vaccinate 80% or more to get even some kind tolerable result! MISSION IMPOSSIBLE if 78% of people going to take vaccine like here in Finland! Prime minister just say yesterday: they not undo all restrictions before 80% has vaccinated!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Khaosod English is using a different target number to meet the year end goal:

"At this rate, Thailand needs to administer 666,298 doses per day within 143 days to reach the herd immunity target by the year's end."

Target of 100m doses by yr end 143 days to reach target.

Less  21,894,746 already administered = 78,105,254 divide by 143 days = 546,190 daily doses.

• Thanks 1

One thing what many dont think! Soon(already) you can say goodbye to many thing what people like! Live music bands , many other music bands, stand up shows, small teathers, many performance artist, many sport team, small restaurant, food place, small hotels........ list continue and continue. And this in every country ! Life is never anymore going to be like in 2019!

• Confused 1

The CCSA will be looking at Covid19 restrictions Monday they announced today. Don't expect any big easing, although they admitted the burden is tough now. Likely electronic/IT stores and banks in malls/department stores eased. #Thailand

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1426086716809515009

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Khaosod English is using a different target number to meet the year end goal. Their calculation as of yesterday:

Their problem is they need the 78,105,254 on hand not on order. Orders come in 1 mil here and 2 mil here will not cut it. I also dont believe the 30 mil Pfizer will make it this year. early 2022

Thailand's tourism resources dwindle ahead of reopening

Bangkok's popular night market closes indefinitely as delta pandemic hurts economy

BANGKOK -- Tourist attractions are gradually disappearing ahead of Thailand's full reopening for vaccinated visitors in mid-October as the epidemic of the delta strain bruises Southeast Asia's second-largest economy.

(Paywall)

https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F6%252F9%252F4%252F4%252F35844496-1-eng-GB%252FIMG_8133.jpg?width=700&fit=cover&gravity=faces&dpr=2&quality=medium&source=nar-cms

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-trends/Thailand-s-tourism-resources-dwindle-ahead-of-reopening

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Target of 100m doses by yr end 143 days to reach target.

Less  21,894,746 already administered = 78,105,254 divide by 143 days = 546,190 daily doses.

That's interesting how/why Khaosod is calculating that way...

From what I'm seeing, yesterday (the latest day for which we have vaccine numbers) had 141 days left in the year.

Screenshot_2.jpg.be6d0b5d5e6c9bbfe1ec9a29f025d324.jpg

Also, moving forward, I don't think you or anyone can/should count the 3rd dose shot for medical workers (414,066 cumulative as of yesterday) toward the vaccination goal, since those doses aren't advancing anyone toward the original 70% fully vaccinated goal (50 million people each receiving two doses).

• Like 1

For the Govt to reach its target of 100m doses in 142 days, the daily rate is 548,629 daily doses.

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Aug. 13, 2021) About 7.34% of the population is fully vaccinated. 17,239,593 (+171,488) people have received the first dose, while 4,855,000 (+28,359) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1426090867727552513

• Like 2

My daily vaccinations target calculation is the following:

As of yesterday, 22,094,593 first and second shot doses given (not counting do-over 3rd shot doses for medical staff, since those don't reflect any further progress toward 70% fully vaccinated).

Remaining doses to reach 100 million: 77,905,407

As of yesterday, 141 days left in the year

Average daily number of first and second shot doses needed to meet the 70% goal:  552,521

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Friday (August 13) reported 23,418 new COVID-19 cases and 184 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

All those hopes of it dwindling is a bit like the likelihood of a white Xmas in Bangkok.

7 hours ago, Blumpie said:

23 thousand new infections every day is absolutely brutal.  I know everyone is getting used to these numbers but this is astronomical.

Especially when you consider that the real number is quite possibly going to be far higher than this, as in 10 to 20 times higher.

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So my calculation would be:

As of yesterday, 22,094,593 first and second shot doses given (not counting  do-over 3rd shot doses for medical staff).

Remaining doses to reach 100 million: 77,905,407

As of yesterday, 141 days left in the year

Average daily number of first and second shot doses needed to meet the 70% goal:  552,521

Yes, you agree with my calculations although your basing it on 141 days as of yesterday although I was using Kasood's number of days as 143 i.e. Kasood's days as of yesterday are incorrect and will continue to be wrong.

Edited by anchadian

13 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Especially when you consider that the real number is quite possibly going to be far higher than this, as in 10 to 20 times higher.

I don't think the possibility is quite that high, best expert mean real numbers is just touching 100,000 a day from the experts at "Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation" High enough of course!!

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-models#institute-for-health-metrics-and-evaluation-ihme

data 13 aug 9.png

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Yes, you agree with my calculations although your basing it on 141 days as of yesterday although I was using Kasood's number of days as 143 i.e. Kasood's days as of yesterday are incorrect and will continue to be wrong.

Another variation depends on whether anyone thinks the government's goal was merely 100 million doses given any which way OR whether it was 70% of the population fully vaccinated (i.e., 50 million people receiving two doses each).

I believe the main goal was/is to have 70% of the population fully vaccinated, so thus I'm excluding the third dose medical staff shots from my calculations.

57 minutes ago, anchadian said:

For the Govt to reach its target of 100m doses in 142 days, the daily rate is 548,629 daily doses.

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Aug. 13, 2021) About 7.34% of the population is fully vaccinated. 17,239,593 (+171,488) people have received the first dose, while 4,855,000 (+28,359) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1426090867727552513

With future vaccine trackers, the number of days is incorrect.  Should be 141 days to end of yr.  So simply deduct 1 day.

20 minutes ago, anchadian said:

With future vaccine trackers, the number of days is incorrect.  Should be 141 days to end of yr.  So simply deduct 1 day.

Considering that every day they're wrong on the number of days left in the year and have a projected doses required number that seems wildly off from what any correct projection might be, I'd have to wonder what the purpose/value is of continually reposting their erroneous chart updates every day.

I can't for the life of me figure out where/how they're getting their latest 673,113 daily doses required for their (incorrect) remaining 142 days of the year is coming from. That calculation is equal to almost 95,6 million doses still needed, which seems crazy wrong.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Considering that every day they're wrong on the number of days left in the year and have a projected doses required number that seems wildly off from what any correct projection might be, I'd have to wonder what the purpose/value is of continually reposting their chart updates every day.

I can't for the life of me figure out where/how they're getting their latest 673,113 daily doses required for their (incorrect) remaining 142 days of the year is coming from. That calculation is equal to almost 95,6 million doses still needed, which seems crazy wrong.

Apart from yesterday's tracker, did they previously give the average doses required to meet target?

I can't remember.  Will have a look later.

In the meanwhile, i've asked Kaosood to kindly adjust their days, minus 1, to end of yr, so let's see what tomorrow brings.

27 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Apart from yesterday's tracker, did they previously give the average doses required to meet target?

I can't remember.  Will have a look later.

Yes, that projection has been a standard feature of their charts since the beginning.

Being off by a day or two in the remaining days count isn't a big deal. But their projection of daily doses needed for the remainder of the year seems to be wildly mistaken regardless.

There are several other publicly posted daily reports of vaccinations, and first and second shot and daily/cumulative totals, that don't have Khaosod's errors.

PS - Thanks for alerting to me the issues with their chart. I had just assumed (wrongly) they knew what they were doing, and hadn't actually tried to verify their info -- prior to today.

2101235818_2021-08-13vaccinationsupdatefromKhaosod.thumb.png.bcdf014e0a50d9d92f6647f366e15d4b.png