Another Classic Crazy Thai Wife Moment

Dale59

Love - the other 4 letter word

Most people are in Love with the concept of 'Being in Love'

It sounds so warm and fuzzy

All such statements should have this preface ...

Once Upon a Time ...

I fail to see how 'Love' is a fundamental law of nature. It is all in peoples minds.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

One of my pals once pointed out, if I were to walk into a room with 99 nice ladies and 1 psychopath, I would walk out of that room with the psychopath. I realised he was completely correct, the weird thing being I want them and they want me, no need to even talk, by some unknown way we both know.

Strange but true.

(I'm not sure if that makes me 'defective') 

I find the same with alcoholics, sober or drunk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Once Upon a Time ...

I fail to see how 'Love' is a fundamental law of nature. It is all in peoples minds.

Yeah, well don't knock it until you've tried it, pal.

Flamefest removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

Well done!

You are in a relationship with an adolescent, yet without any obvious perks (unless she literally is 18, then genuinely well done!)

Congratulations is NOT what I'd say to an older man with a child wife. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2021 at 10:02 PM, CharlieH said:

No way I would or could put up with <deleted> like that !

If it works for you, well done , takes 2 for any relationship, but jeez thats just too much for me.AND your contemplating rewarding that behaviour , unreal.

I was like whoa.

A breakdown for my wife is a few tears.  A hug and 'sorry" honey usually makes everything good again.

That said, you sound like an easy going guy.  To each his own.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Once Upon a Time ...

Life is an illusion

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

One of my pals once pointed out, if I were to walk into a room with 99 nice ladies and 1 psychopath, I would walk out of that room with the psychopath. I realised he was completely correct, the weird thing being I want them and they want me, no need to even talk, by some unknown way we both know.

Strange but true.

(I'm not sure if that makes me 'defective') 

Quantum Thaitanglement ????

On 8/14/2021 at 4:41 AM, habuspasha said:

My experience is that the run-aways and long bouts of silence are not so much to punish as to avoid further, greater conflict.  It's part of Thai's aversion to conflict.

I'd have preferred silence to the shouting I was subjected to. My Thai wife was never averse to conflict. I put up with it as she'd always come crawling back vowing to "start again". It was only when the mood became black 100% of the time that I seriously considered divorce, and one day when she was in full on tirade I asked her if she wanted a divorce, and a couple months later we were done.

Nothing particularly Thai about it though. I was on a holiday visit to Sydney with my first partner, and I said something that got her riled and she vanished, leaving me with no money in a mall in a strange city. We were not even arguing about something, and I don't even remember what it was that I said, so it can't have been "bad". She did come back after an hour, bearing gifts as an apology, but I never since went anywhere without money in my pocket.

16 hours ago, DBath said:

I’ve never met a man - or woman for that matter - who lived happily ever after alone.

That’s just BS. 

We need to be married to understand why we should have stayed single. I got that with my western partner, but sadly I really did think Thai women were different.

If I'd married her 30 years ago I'd now be single, wealthy and happy renting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We need to be married to understand why we should have stayed single. I got that with my western partner, but sadly I really did think Thai women were different.

If I'd married her 30 years ago I'd now be single, wealthy and happy renting.

I believe it’s very difficult to near impossible to find the right mate. I was very lucky to have stumbled on my current wife after my first wife - of 30 years - and I divorced. My time alone after the divorce allowed it to sink in how miserable I was, especially towards the end. That time after the divorce also allowed me to assess what I needed in a mate - something I couldn’t seem to get to during my first marriage, but I guess I got caught up with life, a career and staying together to raise our 3 sons. 

My current wife, who is Chinese, and I do everything together and we are a team. I know what it’s like to have someone who genuinely cares about me and who I trust and can talk with about ANYTHING. She makes me a better person and I her. I also have no doubt that given where my life was headed I would be dead by now. I was living in China, where I was treated like a king. I was an obese smoker and screwing every woman I could - sometimes different ones on the same day. Some were bar girls, but many were acquaintances. At least I can say I got that out of my system and those days are well behind me. The life I chose to live then was not good and terribly unhealthy, I think I was incapable of making good choices when I was alone. 

I’m not saying everyone is like that, but having a partner who cares about you and who you can bounce things off of makes a huge difference. Maybe that’s not for everyone, but I still believe people live longer and are healthier and happier if they can have a close and genuine relationship, but it does have to be genuine and not like the one during my first marriage. 

BTW, Harvard University has done a 75 year study that clearly substantiates people who have close and healthy relationships live longer and are happier. I posted a link to it earlier on this thread. 

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Legal age of consent in Thailand is 13 if she's your wife.

That's what pedo's like to think, the law says that would be rape, and you cannot marry legally at 13

from www.ageofconsent.net

The Age of Consent in Thailand is 15 years old. The age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 14 or younger in Thailand are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

That's what pedo's like to think, the law says that would be rape, and you cannot marry legally at 13

from www.ageofconsent.net .......

Topic is crazy Thai wife,

Section 277 of Thai law says a 13 year old can marry.

I didn't write the laws, don't call me names, if you don't like the law petition the government for a change.

Thailand criminal law text (translation) | Laws in Thailand (thailandlawonline.com)

Section 277 Whoever, has sexual intercourse with a girl not yet over fifteen years of age and not being his own wife, whether such girl shall consent or not, shall be punished ........

..... if the offender being the man commits against the girl over thirteen years but not yet over fifteen years of age with her consent and the Court grants such man and girl to marry together afterwards, the offender shall not be punished for such offence. If the Court grants them to marry together during the offender be still inflicted with the punishment, the Court shall release such offender.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

from www.ageofconsent.net

The Age of Consent in Thailand is 15 years old. The age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 14 or younger in Thailand are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape.

I've always understood that the parents can consent to a lower age, but that's just something I read a long time ago and I wouldn't be able to quote it.

Regardless, a farang would be wise to restrict themselves to over 20, to be safe. It's apparently been known for young girls to use their older sister's ID.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've always understood that the parents can consent to a lower age, but that's just something I read a long time ago and I wouldn't be able to quote it.

Regardless, a farang would be wise to restrict themselves to over 20, to be safe. It's apparently been known for young girls to use their older sister's ID.

Look at photo