Money Grabbing Veterinary Surgeons.

our dog had a ear infection which was sending him crazy shaking his head constantly, tried 2 vets who gave expensive ear drops and milking me for money, friends gave us the address of a very good vet but said dont let them see whitey or the price will double,

cured now it was a yeast infection

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I  think its  pretty disgusting in most of the world that  you are  not  allowed to  use  assisted  dying except a  few  places  like Dignitas, should be a human right.

Do Holland and Belgium not allow it now? There is a lot of discussion about it in UK, but that's no good if Granny is writhing in cancerous agony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Operation to remove hamsters  ear 5000  baht, shovel 150  baht, new  hamster 100 baht, she had a  good  life.

Hear hear! Or is it Here Here?

Edited by KannikaP

My expeirence, twice I have taken a dog to the Vet that was obviously ill and getting on in years.

BOTH  saw the same Vet, both instances resulted in a bunch of tests/ pills,a bill for 1700 baht, and BOTH were DEAD  within 24 hrs of that visit and the medicine administered.

Draw your own conclusion, for me, they were both killed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

What is unethical of putting down an suffering animal ? For them its religion. I might not agree with it but that is how they see it. 

When I said 'ethical' I meant 'not religious but spiritual', my bad. 

This is the reason I refrain from killing 5 soi dogs that are causing misery in my life, not because religion tells me not to, but the fear or Karmic repercussions. 

My point, the Vet doesn't want to end a life if he can save it. It also is a loss of face for the vet in having to do so. It's like saying, 'I can't fix it', which of course is not a Thai cultural thing. 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

When I said 'ethical' I meant 'not religious but spiritual', my bad. 

This is the reason I refrain from killing 5 soi dogs that are causing misery in my life, not because religion tells me not to, but the fear or Karmic repercussions. 

My point, the Vet doesn't want to end a life if he can save it. It also is a loss of face for the vet in having to do so. It's like saying, 'I can't fix it', which of course is not a Thai cultural thing. 

Unable to comment as Tv doesnt  allow  it

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

My expeirence, twice I have taken a dog to the Vet that was obviously ill and getting on in years.

BOTH  saw the same Vet, both instances resulted in a bunch of tests/ pills,a bill for 1700 baht, and BOTH were DEAD  within 24 hrs of that visit and the medicine administered.

Draw your own conclusion, for me, they were both killed.

Poor  dog and vet both dead????

• Haha 2