October reopening?

7 hours ago, jonga80 said:

Do you have a link to the requirements? Thank you.

Obviously, if you do not qualify for visa exempt entry, you will need a visa. Apart from this, you always need a Certificate of Entry (COE). You should contact the Thai embassy in the country you will depart from to come to Thailand as the requirements can be slightly different depending on your departure point. However, these requirements for a COE as described by the London Embassy are fairly typical: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?.

Main requirements:

1. Confirmed reservation at an ASQ hotel (strict quarantine, mostly or wholly restricted to your room with no ability to leave even in other areas of the hotel)
  2. Confirmed flight to Thailand.
  3. A minimum of US$100,000 of insurance that covers any potential treatment for Covid-19.

In addition, once you have the COE (sent to you via email) you needed to arrange an RT-PCR test for Covid-19 within 72 hours of your departure for Thailand. This is checked at your departure airport as well as on arrival in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

If I had to choose, and if I was brave enough, I’d go for the Sandbox. My only big concern would be finding an insurance that covers COVID hospitalisations ( I’m vaccinated but you can never be 100% sure). I wouldn’t care what the price was, but the danger of being forced into unhealthy ward isolation I do not want !