Just returned from Med-Park Hospital recieved my Shot.

Robbie63

55 minutes ago, Robbie63 said:

Return in 3 weeks for 2nd jab. Sounds early but i will take it.

3 weeks for Pfizer is OK and many will call you lucky to get this popular/hyped stuff and be through that quick.

The maximum recommended time to 2nd jab is 6 weeks.

In Germany they started with 2 weeks and later extended up to 6 weeks to bridge shortage.

The propaganda machine worked so hard against AZ and for Pfizer that they had to destroy overdue AZ or donate to other countries.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

3 weeks for Pfizer is OK and many will call you lucky to get this popular/hyped stuff and be through that quick.

The maximum recommended time to 2nd jab is 6 weeks.

In Germany they started with 2 weeks and later extended up to 6 weeks to bridge shortage.

The propaganda machine worked so hard against AZ and for Pfizer that they had to destroy overdue AZ or donate to other countries.

Propaganda machine? 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The tabloids and other media did a lot to frighten people away from AZ due to potential side effects. And that happened quite early while Pfizer was still the new wonder vaccine.

And the effect is still lasting. Now plenty of vaccines available and few select AZ over Pfizer.

Why do you think the media would support Pfizer over any other vaccine ?

I got AZ ..it was only one?available at time  and feel relieved ..but that personal choice having diabities thank u to all staff ..and hope most people who want Vax get it asp ...world over there's debates about all scenarios..too negative for me ..I just try and stay positive.. because it's not going away ..anytime soon ..stay safe all 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Iforbach said:

I got AZ ..it was only one?available at time  and feel relieved

When's your next appointment? I was given AZ there a week ago yesterday, like you I happy with that and relieved. My second dose is on Saturday 30th October, exactly 12 weeks.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The tabloids and other media did a lot to frighten people away from AZ due to potential side effects. And that happened quite early while Pfizer was still the new wonder vaccine.

And the effect is still lasting. Now plenty of vaccines available and few select AZ over Pfizer.

Potential??

good to hear about vaccine centers that are generally well run, with reasonable processing times.  the media tends to focus on the poorly run centers and maybe that coverage will lead to improvements.  it would be nice to see the media also report on well run centers.  the best news is vaccines are here and they are getting in arms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenhill said:

I also had a similar experience to Robbie63 at MedPark hospital yesterday - although wasn't treated with quite the same amount of VIP treatment.    I am certainly not complaining - absolutely, the opposite.   Considering the number of people they are dealing with, it was extremely well organised.    On my return home yesterday, I sent them a 'thank you' email and I'll be seeing them again in 3 weeks time for my 2nd jab - all being well.

Regarding the gap between vaccines - in the US, a 3 week gap is also the 'norm'.

I wish everyone well.

Likewise , I was there yesterday and impressed by the arrangements for over 60's - separate queue , straight in , do the registration and directly to the booth for my 1st Pfizer jab .  I get the feeling that the public and even officials are shying away from Sinovac - am not really surprised . Top marks for MedPark Hospital !  

On 8/14/2021 at 9:17 AM, KhunBENQ said:

propaganda machine worked so hard against AZ

BS. It's only that a lot of people just don't want to have any vaccine. Around 20% they say.

Sure Biontec is a German Brand, but the government made many mistakes at the beginning of the pandemic just like many other countries. And there happened some incidents with AZ. 

But you are right, they gave AZ to other EU countries. But I don't believe it will be for free. 

47 minutes ago, buick said:

good to hear about vaccine centers that are generally well run, with reasonable processing times.  the media tends to focus on the poorly run centers and maybe that coverage will lead to improvements.  it would be nice to see the media also report on well run centers.  the best news is vaccines are here and they are getting in arms.

Absolutely, we are headed in the right direction, even if it took a while 

Lucky expats who got the Pfizer at MedPark.  Up here in Isaan, the Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen has a registration that clearly indicates AZ for first shot.  Looks like Pfizer won’t make it north.  A real shame, since it was promised.

Happy for all of you who got Pfizer. I would settle for AZ, registered with expatvac. but. like most out in the sticks (Surin Province) heard zero on it yet, and i get the feeling i wont for some bizarre reason. If you dont live in Bangkok, you dont exist. Thats my theory, right or wrong

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

When's your next appointment? I was given AZ there a week ago yesterday, like you I happy with that and relieved. My second dose is on Saturday 30th October, exactly 12 weeks.

In has been noted for some time that there is a shortage of AZ if that is your choice, first it was 16 weeks then it was shorten to 12, the stretching was so more people could get their once dose. 

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

Lucky expats who got the Pfizer at MedPark.  Up here in Isaan, the Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen has a registration that clearly indicates AZ for first shot.  Looks like Pfizer won’t make it north.  A real shame, since it was promised.

It was never promised from what I read when it comes to the Pfizer majority of it whatever is left after the government leaders VIP get their shot it was to go to all the front line workers that would start with those in Bangkok I think there was a article yesterday that front line workers in other provinces would be getting it in the next few days whether there will be any left for expats is unknown. It has also been reported that U.S. donated another 2 million doses Pfizer to arrived in a few months?  Then you got another story the Thai government has procured another 30 million doses Pfizer beginning of the year hope that story isn't more smoke?  Meantime I wonder what is going on with the Moderna?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

In has been noted for some time that there is a shortage of AZ if that is your choice, first it was 16 weeks then it was shorten to 12, the stretching was so more people could get their once dose. 

Thanks, I'm not complaining about 12 weeks. I booked in July, in MedPark's first phase and there was no choice of vaccine, but again, I'm quite happy with AZ.

• Like 1

I wrote on another thread my experience yesterday to obtaining the Pfizer at MedPark.  To be honest I've done my share of bashing the U.S. government being a free speaking American my major sticking point is their old diplomatic style no accountability but this time they did come through in their own way to the Thai leaders make it happen for the expat.

I was there yesterday bright and early when I got my shot I wanted to wrapped the American flag around me as if I just won the Gold in Japan although I would have been happy with the AZ thanks U.S. Embassy!

I was expecting the worse when it comes to service in general in Thailand, but like the poster I was treated like a VIP, although I waited a while to get up front once I did a lady ask me how old once she found out took me to the front and a minute of so later I was in seated BP taken, the girl English was good told me papa it is a bit high I looked and said it is normally even at my age 120 even lower at times told her it might be because of you she smile said relax papa I responded not for me but I have a son who I want you to meet LOL!  I was in and out within a hour and back on the road.????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrasatKeith said:

Happy for all of you who got Pfizer. I would settle for AZ, registered with expatvac. but. like most out in the sticks (Surin Province) heard zero on it yet, and i get the feeling i wont for some bizarre reason. If you dont live in Bangkok, you dont exist. Thats my theory, right or wrong

Same in Khonkaen, heard nothing from expatvac, it was a scam.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

BS. It's only that a lot of people just don't want to have any vaccine. Around 20% they say.

BS, you seem very informed.

Since quite a while people in Germany can choose their favorite vaccine.

AZ is very unpopular. Batches of AZ have reached expiry and be destroyed.

Where do know from that it won't be donated for free?

Did you follow the news?

Agree about strong sentiment against vaccination.

They all feel invulnerable.

Met a German mate here (in Thailand) today.

He told me he does not want. "I am perfectly healthy" ("kerngesund").

I had to control my mimic.

62 years old, heart failure (can't walk stairs), spleen removed, repeated gout attacks, heavy drinker. And that's just what I know.

What can you say?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Just had AZ at an SCG facility in BKK this afternoon. I live in Rayong (Ban Chang) and registered through Expatvac. I got a mail a couple of days ago telling me to get myself into the city and so off I went. The whole thing was extremely well-organised and efficient - from arrival to jab in arm can't have been ten minutes, and then a bit of a sit down and got my appointment for the second on November 7th, so basically the same deal as other posters. Apparently 8-12 weeks seems to be the optimal span between doses ("Longer dose intervals within the 8 to 12 weeks range are associated with greater vaccine efficacy" - c&p from the WHO website), so it looks like the upper end of that, which is fair enough, I think.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Greenhill said:

I also had a similar experience to Robbie63 at MedPark hospital yesterday - although wasn't treated with quite the same amount of VIP treatment.    I am certainly not complaining - absolutely, the opposite.   Considering the number of people they are dealing with, it was extremely well organised.    On my return home yesterday, I sent them a 'thank you' email and I'll be seeing them again in 3 weeks time for my 2nd jab - all being well.

Regarding the gap between vaccines - in the US, a 3 week gap is also the 'norm'.

I wish everyone well.

What vaccine did you receive?

8 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I got AZ in Chiang Mai.  Next appointment 12 weeks out.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, biervoormij said:

I would also like to say thanks to who ever did the posting on here about the Med-Pack vaccination.

I scheduled my appointment over a month ago and received Pfizer on Thursday. The process from arrival to leaving took only 1 hour including the 30 minutes of observation after the injection.  The one thing that surprised me was I was never asked what vaccination I wanted and was given Pfizer without requesting it.  I hope the 2nd injection on the 2nd of September goes this well.

Did you schedule through an app?

1 hour ago, FatHarryWhite said:

Just had AZ at an SCG facility in BKK this afternoon. I live in Rayong (Ban Chang) and registered through Expatvac. I got a mail a couple of days ago telling me to get myself into the city and so off I went. The whole thing was extremely well-organised and efficient - from arrival to jab in arm can't have been ten minutes, and then a bit of a sit down and got my appointment for the second on November 7th, so basically the same deal as other posters. Apparently 8-12 weeks seems to be the optimal span between doses ("Longer dose intervals within the 8 to 12 weeks range are associated with greater vaccine efficacy" - c&p from the WHO website), so it looks like the upper end of that, which is fair enough, I think.

I'm not disputing or implying efficacy of the AZ as to the interval of each injection my comment to the individual post when it comes to Thailand the greater span to the second shot was reported by the Thai government as to why they were stretching the time for the second dose was due to the shortage once again as noted they suggested originally 16 weeks then shorten it.

As for WHO website and their opinion just my take you got to be kidding right? ????