Address confirmation from village headman

Hello

The local hospital wants a confirmation from the village headman that states that my wife really lives here (her Tabien Baan is not showing that - it's in another province).

Does anyone have any idea what such a document would look like? Can we just type a confirmation of residency ourselves and then ask the village headman to sign that? Would they even sign it?

Fan

Yeah, get your lady to talk to the hospital and headman, should be an easy one.

I needed something similar for my Luxembourg bank before they would accept incoming monies from HK or allow transfers to Thailand (they later pulled the plug completely and I no longer bank with them). The headman sent us to the main ampur office who did me a nice letter (in Thai of course) all sealed and stamped etc. etc. it took them an hour or so. Total cost zero!!

Of course I had to get it translated for the bank which wasn't free ???? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I, Village Headman, confirm that Na Fan's wife is living at address xyz.

Best regards

Village Headman

Why doesn't your wife just ask the hospital or the village headman on how to proceed?

The whole thing is strange. This is Pattaya - so there really isn't a "village" headman. There is a guy that apparnetly holds that title, lives nowhere near us and we have no idea who he is nor does he know who we are.

The Banglamung hospital told her she needs to provide this to get vaccinated, because she isn't in a local Tabien Baan. Even though she lived her for 4 years.

Plus, the hospital just now told us that they won't accept her regardless, contrary to what they told her yesterday with this letter.

Sigh. Thailand.

21 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

The Banglamung hospital told her she needs to provide this to get vaccinated, because she isn't in a local Tabien Baan. Even though she lived her for 4 years.

Then why doesn't she get registered in the local house book, as required by law?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Then why doesn't she get registered in the local house book, as required by law?

We just rent - we don't own the house. The owner doesn't allow her to register in it. This is very common for people that work in a different province.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

We just rent - we don't own the house. The owner doesn't allow her to register in it. This is very common for people that work in a different province.

my wife rents a house out to a Thai couple that are registered in another province, my wife went with the lady of the house together with the house book and a rental contract, both renters are now on the local hospital list, this was in ban Chang, but worth a try, the problem with a lot of Thai  landlords is they want the money but don't want  to help the renters

3 hours ago, Na Fan said:

The whole thing is strange. This is Pattaya - so there really isn't a "village" headman. There is a guy that apparnetly holds that title, lives nowhere near us and we have no idea who he is nor does he know who we are.

Plus, the hospital just now told us that they won't accept her regardless, contrary to what they told her yesterday with this letter.

Sigh. Thailand.

Well take her to a private hospital and pay to get her injected or go back the province she is registered as living to get it free. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Na Fan said:

Then just tell the owner that he can either register her, or you will move ????

But actually there is some government website where your wife just needs to upload the rental contract to change her registered hospital, no confrontation with the landlord, or letter from your Pu Yai Baan required. Just tell your wife to look this up on Google: สปสช ย้ายสิทธิ

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well take her to a private hospital and pay to get her injected or go back the province she is registered as living to get it free. 

I assume you are either not currently living in Thailand (thus unaware of the realities) or suggesting options that will be available in about six months time.

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

I assume you are either not currently living in Thailand (thus unaware of the realities) or suggesting options that will be available in about six months time.

You assume wrong, what realiities there are is private hospitals have vaccines if you pay. 

If you can't get to your wife's province where she is registered because you are restricted with some lockdown then private hospital is the way to get your wife protected.

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You assume wrong, what realiities there are is private hospitals have vaccines if you pay. 

Source? There were a limited number of Sinopharm vaccines available for 888 baht each, but I think they are oversubscribed. You can also pay for future Moderna shots that will probably be available for those who paid early starting around November/December.

Between May and a few days ago, I have contacted a number of major private hospitals in Bangkok and Chonburi, asking to be informed as soon as they can offer any vaccine to foreigners who are willing to pay.

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

If you can't get to your wife's province where she is registered because you are restricted with some lockdown then private hospital is the way to get your wife protected.

i think you are either dreaming about covid shots being available in private hospitals, or you just like spreading false news

8 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i think you are either dreaming about covid shots being available in private hospitals, or you just like spreading false news

Thai people can get vacinated in private hospital in Phisanulok dunno about farangies but I going there to find out as my Mrs telephoned them and they OK but I won't know for sure until I go there.  3600 for the 2 shots.

So just watch who you accuse of false news on here. ????

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thai people can get vacinated in private hospital in Phisanulok dunno about farangies but I going there to find out as my Mrs telephoned them and they OK but I won't know for sure until I go there.  3600 for the 2 shots.

So just watch who you accuse of false news on here. ????

What is the name of the hospital? Which vaccine are they offering for 3,600 baht for two shots. This seems similar to the price for the Moderna shots that can be ordered from a number of hospitals, but will not be delivered until October at the earliest (and realistically between December and March).

Just now, BritTim said:

What is the name of the hospital? Which vaccine are they offering for 3,600 baht for two shots. This seems similar to the price for the Moderna shots that can be ordered from a number of hospitals, but will not be delivered until October at the earliest (and realistically between December and March).

I don't know the name of the hospital my wife knows after  being told in person by a Thai in Sukhothai who went there and got jabs. 

As I have said my wife has telephone them and I will go and see what happens.

I am registered at my local hospital and told I will get jabs in September or October but they didn't say what year.