2021 Beach Promenade rebuild is happening......Any opinions......Poll

redwood1

2021 Beach Promenade makeover  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Joni Mitchell. 1970.

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel *, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot.

Cut down trees for cars is a disgrace.

On 8/16/2021 at 4:46 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know if Thais believe in hell, but karma will get all involved in that act of vandalism.

Perhaps Pattaya will go to hell, or at least get washed away in a flood.

I'm not there now, but to read the posts, some think it's hell already.

Pattaya will probably look unsightly like most Thai towns soon, with the exception of all the Chinese tour buses blocking Beach Road, and millions of Chinese 'going to the island', or walking up and down deserted Walking Street. - As for me, I pass!

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Here is what they have done at Bahn Amphur beach the next most popular one going south from Jomtien

regimented palm trees !   all deck chair vendors gone all the small restaurants and snack vendors gone along with the toilets.. there are some mobile food vendors  in the car park  ready to scarper when the "gastapo" show up.  :bah:

P_20211029_111247.thumb.jpg.1b1fa073502f6c75972262ae92e17dff.jpg

P_20211029_111405.thumb.jpg.acbf6f621be15efb77704a9784918918.jpg

P_20211029_111025.thumb.jpg.eea8265a28ebc800d7c1be35519d3a6d.jpg

• Sad 2

On 11/12/2021 at 10:56 PM, aussiexpat said:

Don't know what everyone is going on about, looks fantastic with so much shade for everyone...

FB_IMG_1636710489588.jpg

Has Thailand cornered the market on those drain covers cunningly designed to trip the unwary?

Also, seems that the people that laid the pavers missed the lesson on how to make the pavement level.

12 hours ago, johng said:

Here is what they have done at Bahn Amphur beach the next most popular one going south from Jomtien

regimented palm trees !   all deck chair vendors gone all the small restaurants and snack vendors gone along with the toilets.. there are some mobile food vendors  in the car park  ready to scarper when the "gastapo" show up.  :bah:

P_20211029_111247.thumb.jpg.1b1fa073502f6c75972262ae92e17dff.jpg

P_20211029_111405.thumb.jpg.acbf6f621be15efb77704a9784918918.jpg

P_20211029_111025.thumb.jpg.eea8265a28ebc800d7c1be35519d3a6d.jpg

Public toilets! Can't have that sort of filthy western type facility in LOS.

Follow the money to understand why such happens re the trees.

On 8/15/2021 at 6:58 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

No shade, what a shame.

The old trees that was there before giving good shade was really nice but no, they didn't want them as well.

How odd they are now spending many millions on this project while Pattaya citizens are starving and needs shelter in larger and larger numbers!!

Trees are not good. Many problems with them.  They drop leaves and that means someone has to do work.  Hookers can lean on them and that makes them look untidy.

PS.  Need sarcasm button.

????

• Haha 1

Has anyone noticed they removed all the seating on the beach? (or what little there was)......

A few weeks after the public outrage died down over them cutting down the last of the shade trees on the beach, the benches were all the Sudden GONE.....

I think they might have ripped the seating out later at night to keep people from seeing what they were doing.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, morrobay said:

And let us not forget what it was before these people sh*t showed it. BTW I got permission to copy

Screenshot_2021-10-18-16-31-15-68.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-18-16-31-52-85.jpg

I loved loved loved the promenade back then....It was wonderful.....March 2013 was D-day for this paradise....And the Coup happened it 2014.......And in my opinion Thailand and Pattaya has been going downhill ever since.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 3:12 AM, carlyai said:

There's a couple of firsts in those pictures.

1. A dog on a lease.

2. Safe wheelchair access.

That's never going to happen. 

They're showing you a wheelchair ,but most people know the ramps are for the motorbike users, food carts etc

• Haha 1

They can do whatever they want to Pattaya Beach, nowadays it's mainly for the Chinese anyway, at least in normal times. Just leave Jomtien Beach alone, please, it's got a decent walkway with some great shade trees lining it, perfect for a cool stroll in the late afternoon.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Guderian said:

They can do whatever they want to Pattaya Beach, nowadays it's mainly for the Chinese anyway, at least in normal times. Just leave Jomtien Beach alone, please, it's got a decent walkway with some great shade trees lining it, perfect for a cool stroll in the late afternoon.

You just know that isn't going to happen. Pattaya Beach has been quite the money-spinner and in that department Jomtien has been lacking. 

21 hours ago, redwood1 said:

They still have done almost no work on the promenade but they got right on the job of ripping out the shade trees and the seating.... 

Like I have said many times they hate shade trees, plants, flowers and seating with a passion, and they want it all gone....

IMO they want something that looks good in advertising. I doubt they would ever soil their pants by sitting in the same place as the serfs.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I loved loved loved the promenade back then....It was wonderful.....March 2013 was D-day for this paradise....And the Coup happened it 2014.......And in my opinion Thailand and Pattaya has been going downhill ever since.....

Disagree. IMO it's been going down since the day thaksin unleashed purachai to destroy the farang entertainment business.