Do you object to being asked if you’ve been vaccinated?

Chomper Higgot

37 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Would you not say the side effects you experienced were severe from Phizer shot? I'm really looking forward to my first Phizer shot when I return to US.

I had the fist Pfizer shot a week ago and suffered no side effects.

If you're over sixty, over 100kg or have health issues you can get it free in Bangkok now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cdemundo said:

Were you tested for COVID or is it just your brilliant intuitive ability to determine the agent of your illness?

I think we have had this conversation before.

And as I've said before, I've never been tested for any illness.

I walk into a doctors, tell them my symptoms, they prescribe suitable medicine.

No tests, did have a couple of x-rays when I thought I'd broken a bone.

This idea of having tests is entirely American, I assume to bump up the costs for treatment.

In the UK (and Thailand) hardly any tests are ever done for anything.

Unless you're a paying customer in a private hospital.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

So should it not also be acceptable for any company to terminate or refuse to hire people that have been vaccinated? 

Would it not also be acceptable a packing company to compel there employees eat pork everyday for lunch? Plenty of jobs for Muslims and vegans elseward, yes? 

I think you could terminate or refuse to hire people that have been vaccinated, subject to other employment laws.

Vaccination status yes or no is not a protected class as far as discrimination law if I am not mistaken.

"Would it not also be acceptable a packing company to compel there employees eat pork everyday for lunch? Plenty of jobs for Muslims and vegans elseward, yes? "

Not worthy of response.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cdemundo said:

I think you could terminate or refuse to hire people that have been vaccinated, subject to other employment laws.

Vaccination status yes or no is not a protected class as far as discrimination law if I am not mistaken.

"Would it not also be acceptable a packing company to compel there employees eat pork everyday for lunch? Plenty of jobs for Muslims and vegans elseward, yes? "

Not worthy of response.

I assume it's not worthy of a response because you have no response. 

You want to say it's okay to terminate people that don't want to get vaccinated, but it's not okay to terminate people that don't want to eat pork. 

How about not hiring or only hiring people with tattoos?  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Are you denying that people have died from exposure to COVID?

Death from COVID is not a hypothetical, oh sorry (big word), it is not a "what if", It is happening every day.

Has been happening and will continue to happen.

People die all the time from accidents in cars, from smoking tobacco, etc, but they don't ban driving or smoking. Seems very selective to try and make people have a jab they ain't comfortable having, when they do little about other things that cause early death.

One could be excused for thinking there is an agenda other than protecting the population, couldn't one?

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And as I've said before, I've never been tested for any illness.

I walk into a doctors, tell them my symptoms, they prescribe suitable medicine.

No tests, did have a couple of x-rays when I thought I'd broken a bone.

This idea of having tests is entirely American, I assume to bump up the costs for treatment.

In the UK (and Thailand) hardly any tests are ever done for anything.

Unless you're a paying customer in a private hospital.

You consistently claim that you have had COVID and that the symptoms were fairly mild and that you recovered spontaneously.

But you don't know if you hdd COVID or not.

Nobody cares if you got tested except that you keep claiming your experience was an experience of catching and recovering from COVID and you have no verification that you have COVID.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:

You said, “There’s plenty of jobs, go work with others who don’t want to be vaccinated.” And there are companies threatening people with termination for not vaccinating. How is that NOT forcing the issue?

I’m saying, that’s not a practical solution. You are in effect saying it’s okay to threaten those refusing vaccination with the loss of their job, of supporting themselves and their family. And if they don’t like it to simply go find another job. 

Good luck getting laws passed to stop companies making rules for application within their own business premises.

I personally would be delighted to see my employers enforcing rules to protect my health and the health of my colleagues against people who believe they have rights without responsibility.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You want to say it's okay to terminate people that don't want to get vaccinated, but it's not okay to terminate people that don't want to eat pork. 

Didn't say it was ok, I said I believed that it was not protected by discrimination law.

People decline hiring people with tattoos, yes can do.

Tattoos aren't covered by discrimination laws in the US.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

…I personally would be delighted to see my employers enforcing rules to protect my health and the health of my colleagues against people who believe they have rights without responsibility.

Of course you would…and perhaps you could lobby them to also provide a protective bubble suit for all the employees as well - free of charge! ????

Edited by DBath
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

People die all the time from accidents in cars, from smoking tobacco, etc, but they don't ban driving or smoking. Seems very selective to try and make people have a jab they ain't comfortable having, when they do little about other things that cause early death.

The argument to compare ‘other deaths’ to covid has little relevance unless the cause of those deaths are readily transmissible and readily preventable with a vaccine.

Mitigation against road accidents are already in place, mitigation against passive smoking is already in place. 

Dealing with your examples: driving is a necessity and this safety standards are implemented, an outright ban would of course be silly and you know that. Using road deaths in a comparison with a respiratory disease is flawed. 

Smoking: Peoples make their own choice to smoke. With the current laws and controls to prevent passive smoking people only hurt themselves, its their own choice. But, when people choose not to vaccinate against Covid-19 they present a higher risk than a vaccinated person of transmitting SARS-Cov-2 to those who cannot get vaccinated or for whom the vaccine is infective - these people do not have a choice.

Ultimately, you have compared apples to oranges, and done so poorly.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Would you not say the side effects you experienced were severe from Phizer shot? I'm really looking forward to my first Phizer shot when I return to US.

I reported my experience at the time, but for those that missed it, I had a slight headache with a feeling similar to the start of a mild cold after my first Pfizer shot.

I get my second shot next week, I’m very much looking forward to getting the full vaccine protection available to me.

• Like 1

As we seem to have got onto a "lets force people to do something against their will because it's for the good of other people" kick, lets impose a mandatory breathalyzer test on anyone going to drive a vehicle. That should stop a lot of drunks driving which could only be a "good thing", wouldn't it be? Imagine how many lives would be saved by that!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

You consistently claim that you have had COVID and that the symptoms were fairly mild and that you recovered spontaneously.

….you keep claiming your experience was an experience of catching and recovering from COVID and you have no verification that you have COVID.

Sadly for you, you have no verification that he DIDN’T have covid. ????

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Dealing with your examples: driving is a necessity and this safety standards are implemented, an outright ban would of course be silly and you know that. Using road deaths in a comparison with a respiratory disease is flawed. 

Driving is not a necessity. People lived for thousands of years without driving. Driving for the masses is a comparatively new thing, and really only affordable for many since WW2, IMO. In my lifetime most Chinese never drove, except on bicycles.

Next.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I reported my experience at the time, but for those that missed it, I had a slight headache with a feeling similar to the start of a mild cold after my first Pfizer shot.

I get my second shot next week, I’m very much looking forward to getting the full vaccine protection available to me.

Good for you!

• Like 1

So when you're vaccinated you're no longer able to transmit Covid? I'm asking a question. Because it's my understanding taking the covid shots reduces the effects of covid BUT you can still transmit it, Right? If you can still transmit Covid with the vaccine or without it, WHY do folks care about those who haven't been vaccinated. The unvaccinated will pay the price if they die, why should I care whether or not you've been vaccinated?

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So you thought you’d tell the world you don’t understand ‘Protected Status’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

But, when people choose not to vaccinate against Covid-19 they present a higher risk than a vaccinated person of transmitting SARS-Cov-2 to those who cannot get vaccinated or for whom the vaccine is infective - these people do not have a choice.

They have the choice not to go out and mix with potential disease carriers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

He may or may not have had it. 

But, he [BritManToo] has stated has fact that he had Covid-19 and used the lack of severity of symptoms to justify an opinion that Covid-19 is not serious and that a vaccine is unnecessary.

Well then…he must be punished!

What shall his punishment be, oh great one???

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

But, he [BritManToo] has stated has fact that he had Covid-19 and used the lack of severity of symptoms to justify an opinion that Covid-19 is not serious and that a vaccine is unnecessary.

Not serious for me ........

I readily admitted others less resistant to disease or chronically ill may want to be vaccinated.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

He is using his experience to establish that COVID is not a serous illness.

He had flu like symptoms and decided he had COVID.

He has proviously admitted that he was never tested..

He is fully within his rights to say "I think I had COVID and it wasn't that bad".

Saying that he had COVID and using his experience as an argument about the severity of COVID is being less than truthful.

To my recollection he only said it wasn't serious for him and his family.

Getting boring, so I won't be responding to any more accusations against Britman on that subject. I'm sure Britman can defend himself if he actually cares enough to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As we seem to have got onto a "lets force people to do something against their will because it's for the good of other people" kick, lets impose a mandatory breathalyzer test on anyone going to drive a vehicle. That should stop a lot of drunks driving which could only be a "good thing", wouldn't it be? Imagine how many lives would be saved by that!

That is done in some jurisdictions after convictions for driving while intoxicated.

Ignition lock until can blow below the legal limit.

I have no problem with it, because I am happy to obey the law that prohibits driving while intoxicated.

I suppose you would consider that driving while intoxicated is God-given right not to be infringed upon.

Really great example, tells a lot about you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There are laws, and importantly large bodies of case law, that establish the duty and liabilities of businesses owners to protect the health and safety of employees, visitors and customers on and within their business premises.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Didn't say it was ok, I said I believed that it was not protected by discrimination law.

People decline hiring people with tattoos, yes can do.

Tattoos aren't covered by discrimination laws in the US.

If what you are saying that it is not okay to compel people to to be vaccinated under penalty of termination we agree.

If people are working at a company and the management decides everyone without a tattoo will be required to get a tattoo or be terminated you believe that would be acceptable under the law?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Driving is not a necessity. People lived for thousands of years without driving. Driving for the masses is a comparatively new thing, and really only affordable for many since WW2, IMO. In my lifetime most Chinese never drove, except on bicycles.

Next.

Totally agree. I lived in Chicago, albeit near city center, and did not need a car for almost 7 years. While I did have a driver to take me to O’Hare each week, I didn’t need a car and I walked a lot or took Uber. 

In Thailand I bought a Forza, again did not need a car, though I probably would have got one had we decided to live there permanently. 

Here in Spain, I’ll probably buy a car, because we want to explore the country a little more. 

• Like 1