Uploading info for COE to Thailand

EVENKEEL

I only use my smart phone for talking. I use my laptop for all my online stuff. For completing the COE to Thailand you have to upload things such as passport page. My question is can I make a copy of passport page, scan it and attach to COE that way?

You have to scan and upload it as part of what they want for the COE.

The Passport page/picture did not go onto my COE, just the passport details were on my COE from UK.
Therefore I do not see that you have any problem.

3 minutes ago, jojothai said:

The Passport page/picture did not go onto my COE, just the passport details were on my COE from UK.

From what I've read you have to upload the cover page. The same as all the other documents such as flight, sha+ hotel and covid test documents. This is from US.

6 minutes ago, jojothai said:

I hate using my phone for this stuff, the pics and scans on my phone don't show up when I hook it up to my laptop.

22 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I hate using my phone for this stuff, the pics and scans on my phone don't show up when I hook it up to my laptop.

I use google photos and have the app on my tablet  When take photo I save or share it to photos and it then appears on google photos on my computer via the internet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I use google photos and have the app on my tablet  When take photo I save or share it to photos and it then appears on google photos on my computer via the internet.

I haven't reached that level of enlightenment as of yet. It sounds very convenient.

16 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

From what I've read you have to upload the cover page. The same as all the other documents such as flight, sha+ hotel and covid test documents. This is from US.

Just put your passport with the id and photo into the scanner then scan and save to your document's file.

I just done a COE for a friend and thats all I did.

When uploading from the COE online site when you upload from your files, you click open, then the file appears as a pic in the COE box, but it is not uploaded until you click the little square that says upload, it then uploads.

Use the other information box to upload any extra docs as you can only upload two docs, in the other boxes.

Make sure all your dates are corresponding for flights ect.

When you complete the first stage it gives you a pre approval , so that, then you can actually buy the tickets required, so make sure you edit stage one as you can not put the actual travel dates into stage one without buying tickets first,. You can put a close date then you will get a pre approval , then buy your tickets and pay for the insurance and hotels and download them at stage 2, remember to edit stage one to the actual ticket dates/ins and quarantine, or they will decline you, you then can go back and correct any mistakes, if not enough room in the extra info box you can delete the file you put in and rescan what you want to send to them and reload it 

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2021 at 9:34 AM, EVENKEEL said:

When you connect your phone to a computer there are different options available. To see photos etc you need to be connected as media device.

Go to settings and look for USB tethering, you phone may be on a default of 'charge only'.

35 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

Is it possible to do the COE using only a smartphone.

Take photos of the documents reduce to under 200kb and then upload them?

I've not tried it, but I don’t see why not. 

The CoE site is ‘web based’ so should be accessible from a Web Browser on your smart phone. 

Note: I encountered difficulties attempting to upload documents using ‘Safari’ (on a mac) and switched to chrome which resolved an issue with failed uploads. 

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've not tried it, but I don’t see why not. 

The CoE site is ‘web based’ so should be accessible from a Web Browser on your smart phone. 

Note: I encountered difficulties attempting to upload documents using ‘Safari’ (on a mac) and switched to chrome which resolved an issue with failed uploads. 

Thanks for input I'm getting ready for any problems when I'm eventually ready to go.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:34 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Perhaps use the small two pronged 'share' symbol which comes up on your smartphone when the photo is on your screen, to send the photo to your e.mail address, then file it in your notebook/pc ready to attach to your COE. 

3 hours ago, LoVeFuN said:

Thanks for input I'm getting ready for any problems when I'm eventually ready to go.

Don’t worry too much about it.

It's actually a very simple process, I’m not sure how some get in to so much difficulty with it.

Perhaps the issues people have seem to be: 

- Missing the ‘upload’ button

- Sending in their ‘whole’ insurance policy rather than just a simple Certificate of Cover *(US$100,000 Covid cover)

- Selecting the Wrong entry type (visa type)

- Didn’t chose an SHA Plus hotel (if Sandboxing)

On 8/23/2021 at 3:16 PM, LoVeFuN said:

Is it possible to do the COE using only a smartphone.

Take photos of the documents reduce to under 200kb and then upload them?

I don't see why it should be a problem, however it is not so easy to get a good photo of the passport,

because of light reflection.

You simply need to find a good surface where you can focus light onto the passport so that the reflections do not blur it.

With the COE i should think you will have no problem scanned or taking photos.

FYI for the passport, some authorities do not accept scanned copies of a passport.
I have had this happen when they demand a photograph.

Note that in the UK the requirements for COE in June did not state to include the visa page from passport.

Surely they need it? I included it with what I gave them for my COE.