Expatvac replies...

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There are 2 sites for vaccinations.

I think he may of done the registration directly to the hospital by clicking the link on this site. https://thailandintervac.com/

The other site was set up by the consular affairs department of the MFA. https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

It does seem that many people think they have an appointment via Expatvac when in fact is from other applications they have registered on.

And it does seem that quite a few thousand who registered via Expatvac are not getting appointments and no explanations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, petermik said:

I believe it was through the Expatvac registration personally...but who cares...it`s sorted.

Other people, who have not yet received an appointment, care about receiving updated information so don't be so selfish!! ????

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Thailand said:

And it does seem that quite a few thousand who registered via Expatvac are not getting appointments and no explanations.

I think that is due to them not having the Pfizer vaccine yet in the province where they are located.

There was post earlier today about getting emails for them in Cha Am.

6 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Other people, who have not yet received an appointment, care about receiving updated information so don't be so selfish!! ????

I only registered on the one website the Government Expatvac one....hence my initial assumption ....just back from it.... in and out in just over one hour....sorry bout you other folks who have not had word yet there`s nowt much I can do to help.....????

Pfizer vaccination announcement from expatvac.consular.go.th

As you register for Pfizer vaccine from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Ministry of Foreign Affairs Confirmed receipt of such vaccination to the hospital where you has registered. The hospital, Confirmed Pfizer Vaccination on 24/08/2021  from 08:30 am  - 04:00 pm.
 Please prepare the certificate 1.Passport or a copy of your Passport.

Good news at the end. See all you guys with the same invitation at Hua Hin Hospital tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that is due to them not having the Pfizer vaccine yet in the province where they are located.

There was post earlier today about getting emails for them in Cha Am.

Been providing Pfizer at McCormick hospital in Chiang Mai since last Thursday starting with 142 eighty pluses. I don't know if these were via Expatvac but I know at least a couple were not.

Being 75 and having had confirmation from Expatvac of registration on 1st August and nothing since fully expected to hear about appointment by now.

As I said ,it appears I am not alone.

Registered with expatvac only and received successful registration email 2 August. Under 60 by a few years no response in Saraburi from expatvac.  Good to see movement though! Locals have an opportunity for Sinovac at the local clinic which is good to see come to a very out of the way area. 

20 hours ago, kalasiner said:

Congratulations !

Only in Amazing Thailand !

In and out in less than 3 hours, pretty well organised too.

One down, 1 to go in 3 weeks.

Hope KK comes through for all who registered.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Was this foreigners only? Over 60s ?

To be honest, I am not sure, but most were western foreigners who looked well over 60 except for a couple of guys who I would say were in their 40's & early 50's, plus a western couple with a baby who would have been in their 30's.

As I was leaving the Uni after my Pfizer shot today, the lines were filling for Thai's of all ages for either their 1st shot of Sinovac and for those getting their 2nd shot after having the Sinovac being AZ. The signage was clear as daylight, Sinovac + AZ, so I took it to read the way I have explained above.

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

To be honest, I am not sure, but most were western foreigners who looked well over 60 except for a couple of guys who I would say were in their 40's & early 50's, plus a western couple with a baby who would have been in their 30's.

As I was leaving the Uni after my Pfizer shot today, the lines were filling for Thai's of all ages for either their 1st shot of Sinovac and for those getting their 2nd shot after having the Sinovac being AZ. The signage was clear as daylight, Sinovac + AZ, so I took it to read the way I have explained above.

14 hours ago, petermik said:

I believe it was through the Expatvac registration personally...but who cares...it`s sorted.

I can assure you that it was most definitely the BCCT in my case since, in common with @cnmltd, I received an email from them in confirmation of the SMS containing appointment details which I had received from the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. I had previously registered with the BCCT on a previous incarnation of their website at:-

https://members.bccthai.com/bcct/asp/application.asp?TpID=99

Interestingly, it would appear that the BCCT have now widened the scope of their initiative to include everyone of any nationality (not just Brits) who fulfil the criteria of being aged 60+ or suffering from at least 1 of 7 stated chronic illnesses. Something which everyone on here, regardless of nationality, who is experiencing nonsensical hassles with their Expatvac registration might now wish to take note of.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

I just received a "Covid-19 Vaccination Appointment" for tomorrow morning "10 a.m. at Central Korat" - about 90 minutes drive from where I live. In total there 174 email addresses in the To: field. At least they might have sent it as BCC ...

The mail came from Maharat Nakhon Ratchasima Hospital.

A bit more precise would have been nice, well - let's see what happens tomorrow morning. Good luck to 173 others!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

I just received a "Covid-19 Vaccination Appointment" for tomorrow morning "10 a.m. at Central Korat" - about 90 minutes drive from where I live. In total there 174 email addresses in the To: field. At least they might have sent it as BCC ...

The mail came from Maharat Nakhon Ratchasima Hospital.

A bit more precise would have been nice, well - let's see what happens tomorrow morning. Good luck to 173 others!

At least, you could all, thanks to the Maharat Nakhon Ratchasima Hospital, start a little email mini-forum to compare experiences if you so wished!????

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, kalasiner said:

Slowcoach ????.....In and out in 55 minutes in Kalasin today, including the post jab 30 minute wait (for which a bottle of water was provided !).

The softest jab of my life...never felt a thing. About 20 falang men, aged over 60, plus a 30'ish Asian who obviously qualified on the 100+ kg. rule.

Super service with a nurse/punter ratio of about 3 to 1.

Living out in the sticks does have its advantages !

Well done, what did you end up getting ?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, kalasiner said:

Slowcoach ????.....In and out in 55 minutes in Kalasin today, including the post jab 30 minute wait (for which a bottle of water was provided !).

The softest jab of my life...never felt a thing. About 20 falang men, aged over 60, plus a 30'ish Asian who obviously qualified on the 100+ kg. rule.

Super service with a nurse/punter ratio of about 3 to 1.

Living out in the sticks does have its advantages !

Do you think a bottle of Sang Som could be an option? ????

Anybody know what is happening in Korat?

Are they doing oldest/most vulnerable first?

How many are they doing each day? I.e. how long will it take to vaccinate all the foreigners in the area?

I heard of one English guy getting the Pfizer vaccine in Central on Tuesday.

It was via the expatvac site.

I’m still waiting for an email and slightly worried I might have been overlooked given my previous experiences with Thai websites.

Any info gratefully received.

18 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

They are doing those that are 60 or over and those with pre existing conditions that put them at risk.

News article about Korat is here. https://aseannow.com/topic/1228683-foreigners-urged-to-register-for-pfizer-jabs-as-vaccinations-get-underway-at-central-in-korat/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

How many are they doing each day? I.e. how long will it take to vaccinate all the foreigners in the area?

I’m still waiting for an email and slightly worried I might have been overlooked given my previous experiences with Thai websites.

In Chiang Mai, Expatvac also no reply, over 75 wife 63!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They are doing those that are 60 or over and those with pre existing conditions that put them at risk.

News article about Korat is here. https://aseannow.com/topic/1228683-foreigners-urged-to-register-for-pfizer-jabs-as-vaccinations-get-underway-at-central-in-korat/

Thanks for the link Joe.

I'm 69 but with no pre-existing conditions that I know of..
That's why I'm concerned I'm just wondering how long this facility at Central will be open.
 I'll probably post something on the other thread too.

4 hours ago, mrjohn said:

Thanks for the link Joe.

I'm 69 but with no pre-existing conditions that I know of..
That's why I'm concerned I'm just wondering how long this facility at Central will be open.
 I'll probably post something on the other thread too.

The facility at Central is probably staffed by Bangkok Hospital staff and will only last as long as the Malls are closed, that's what's happening here...

5 hours ago, mrjohn said:

“ successful registrants who have signed up for vaccination at https://expatvac.consular.go.th can direct their queries regarding the vaccination process (problem-solving/appointment follow-up/technical error) to [email protected] 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 3:00 PM, Chris.B said:

“ successful registrants who have signed up for vaccination at https://expatvac.consular.go.th can direct their queries regarding the vaccination process (problem-solving/appointment follow-up/technical error) to [email protected] 

As can initially successful but subsequently unsuccessful (on visa-related grounds) applicants who never received any follow-up email (as in my case), presumably!

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 8:31 PM, Saraburi121 said:

Seems like things with expat vac are progressing, seeing movement and an email address to rectify failed registrations is good news. 

I got nothing but an acknowledgement that I had registered. Glad that I went ahead and applied directly with BPH. Got an SMS the next day and vaccinated the day after that.