Expatvac replies...

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have not gotten a email from them. I did upload my a single file with a copy of my passport photo page and most recent extension stamp. I have no visas in my current passport to upload.

Interesting... I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Surprisingly I got an invite.

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

An OA visa is gotten initially outside the country. It is not a marriage visa which is an O visa gotten inside thailand…

Not correct. An OA or O can be/is normally obtained outside the country. A 90 day 'O' can be obtained in Thailand...

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why should a visa even be necessary? They have your passport number and that has your visa status recorded at immigration. Why can't the Ministry of Foreign Affairs liaise with the other part of government that deals with foreigners, Immigration? Or is that too logical. But again, why should a visa even be necessary. What they are doing is prioritising bureaucracy over safeguarding the vulnerable.

Govt departments in Thailand do not interact between each other. That's asking too much ????? Even one dept in a govt institution will not interact with another on the same floor.

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

All they want to see is your current valid visa extension stamp from Thai immigration.

Would it be too hard not to simply state that?

I still have my original O-A visa in a prior passport but hoped the extension stamp was what was needed.

18 hours ago, Havefunme said:

I got the same register nothing happens then I ran across medpark hospital register got my 1st shot of pfizer go back September 3 for my 2nd

I've read so many things that say a rush job means much lower effectiveness. Longer delay boosts antibody levels. 

1 hour ago, Khun Yogi said:

Govt departments in Thailand do not interact between each other. That's asking too much ????? Even one dept in a govt institution will not interact with another on the same floor.

They can't talk to each other even if they wanted to. Their equipment is out of the Ark. Aerograms would be quicker.

Edited by mfd101
  • Haha 2

Had this same arrive on Monday 16th.

[email protected]
Tue 17/08/2021 13:55
This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply.

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

If you are a migrant worker or work under MoU with the Ministry of Labour, please wait for further information from the Ministry of Labour.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply.

On Tuesday 17th email from Bangkok KK hospital informing me of an appointment for Sat 21st August at KK hall Central Plaza.

My opinion FWIIW, some are jumping the gun. This email of rejection is either a mistake or, it is to put people off from further registration in the hope of saving a few vaccination samples. Just a thought, but I wouldn't put anything past this government. 

53 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I have no idea which British official made this absurd suggestion but I think we can all agree he/she is either clueless about certain aspects of communicating with Thai government departments or possibly having a laugh at expats' expense.

Might well have been the same official who provided me with the following equally absurd "advice" for those with imminently expiring passports who needed to apply for extensions of stay at the start of the pandemic nearly 18 months ago, but who were unable to apply for replacement passports thanks to VFS office closures which lasted a good 3 months!

We would suggest approaching the local immigration to discuss the implications of your passport and visa situation. They may be able to suggest alternatives given the current circumstances.

No reply or rejection email yet living here outside the Kingdom of Bangkok. 

Seems like the expat vac effort has some promise, seems like the MFA is working to get things ironed out with the website and MOPH is moving on registrations. I selected and drug my passport data page and last visa extension stamp at the same time when registering. Didn’t upload my original O visa from a few years ago.  Communication in Thailand is poor on a good day but seems interagency communication is almost impossible.  All operate as independent entities with independent systems who spout news without vetting with other agencies from reading the news.  A few good data techs could develop a system quickly to integrate and disseminate the vaccine pool for Thai and foreigner but not sure there would be someone on the receiving end that knew how to manipulate and use the data.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

An OA visa is gotten initially outside the country. It is not a marriage visa which is an O visa gotten inside thailand…

when they request your visa stamp, they are requesting your current visa extension stamp by immigration once a year not your original visa that you got in your most likely home country…

your original visa stamp which takes up an entire PP page could be years old as one keeps extending annually with a Thai immigration stamp…easy to follow the history of your annual visa extensions in your PP.  All they want to see is your current valid visa extension stamp from Thai immigration.

you must have "O" visa

44 minutes ago, Madgee said:

Excuse me!    
At 8.45am this morning I called the number provided to contact the MFA directly. Press 9 for English.
At 8.48am this morning it was answered by a very polite lady. I explained the problem of registering on the expatvac website successfully then receiving a notification that it was being rejected because of wrong visa. (As many have reported).
She assured me that within 2-3 days I would be sent a link to edit my document and re-submit. 

She explained that the problem with the submittal form only accepting one form was basically my fault and (sort of) advised that the 'visa' and passport copy should be on a single form.   Ok, not going to argue. She never asked for any I.D. to check, so I assume everyone who received the 'successful registration' followed by the 'rejection' will receive a re-submit link. 

Of course, never admitting it was their c0ckup but hey ho, this is certainly Thailand and at least something is being rectified .... hopefully!    

Now let's wait and see if I get an edit link.    

Glad to have been proved wrong on this occasion.Apologies to all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

Glad to have been proved wrong on this occasion. Apologies to all.

Same goes for me!

2 hours ago, Madgee said:

At 8.45am this morning I called the number provided to contact the MFA directly. Press 9 for English.
At 8.48am this morning it was answered by a very polite lady. I explained the problem of registering on the expatvac website successfully then receiving a notification that it was being rejected because of wrong visa. (As many have reported).
She assured me that within 2-3 days I would be sent a link to edit my document and re-submit. 

She explained that the problem with the submittal form only accepting one form was basically my fault and (sort of) advised that the 'visa' and passport copy should be on a single form.   Ok, not going to argue. She never asked for any I.D. to check, so I assume everyone who received the 'successful registration' followed by the 'rejection' will receive a re-submit link. 

Of course, never admitting it was their c0ckup but hey ho, this is certainly Thailand and at least something is being rectified .... hopefully!    

Just called the MFA number myself and had a more-or-less identical experience to yours - except that, in venting my frustrations about the whole process, I did give the poor lady a bit of an earful, I regret to say!

Thankfully, I do have other irons in the fire on the vaccination front in case I don't receive a further email from the MFA with an edit link for whatever reason.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Surasak said:

Had this same arrive on Monday 16th.

[email protected]
Tue 17/08/2021 13:55
This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply.

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

If you are a migrant worker or work under MoU with the Ministry of Labour, please wait for further information from the Ministry of Labour.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply.

On Tuesday 17th email from Bangkok KK hospital informing me of an appointment for Sat 21st August at KK hall Central Plaza.

My opinion FWIIW, some are jumping the gun. This email of rejection is either a mistake or, it is to put people off from further registration in the hope of saving a few vaccination samples. Just a thought, but I wouldn't put anything past this government. 

Well it hasn't save more  registarations, as soon as i anticipated a rejection i went on the Intervac site and have a suggested 12 Sept date, but still have a pending registration on the expatvac  site.

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Just received another email from expatvac:

2212.JPG.ecf915ee54c9e7dd03122bc97f571c27.JPG

Clicking on the link doesn't give me an opportunity to update, but informs me I'm successful in registration.

2213.JPG.34df8f52106531a052b00a996e827b10.JPG

I have just recieved the same email also.

I have a question, how can we provide a medical certificate proving I am over 100kg? Because I am sure that was the issue with my application.

18 minutes ago, WhaleBomb said:

I have a question, how can we provide a medical certificate proving I am over 100kg? Because I am sure that was the issue with my application.

Is that the only reason you selected when you did the registration?

It is not needed if 60 or over.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Is that the only reason you selected when you did the registration?

It is not needed if 60 or over.

I am 29, is the vaccine registration for people that are 60 or over AND one of the 7 health conditions?

If so I have completely misunderstood.

Edited by WhaleBomb

10 hours ago, Madgee said:

I submitted my passport facepage and extension stamp as two separate image files to the Expatvac site with my original submission, and my registration was accepted. I got no rejection email.

But just to be clear, I uploaded the two images at the same time by selecting both images together and then clicking upload. I didn't upload one, and then try to go back and upload the second one separately.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, WhaleBomb said:

I am 29, is the vaccine registration for people that are 60 or over AND one of the 7 health conditions?

If so I have completely misunderstood.

It's OR, not and.

To qualify right now, you need to be age 60 or older OR have one of the listed chronic health conditions or be pregnant, both down to the age of 18.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Just received another email from expatvac:

2212.JPG.ecf915ee54c9e7dd03122bc97f571c27.JPG

Clicking on the link doesn't give me an opportunity to update, but informs me I'm successful in registration.

2213.JPG.34df8f52106531a052b00a996e827b10.JPG

I wonder what is meant by Permanent Residence card.Do they mean the Pink ID?

6 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I wonder what is meant by Permanent Residence card.Do they mean the Pink ID?

They mean the booklet you are given to demonstrate that you have been granted permanent residence status. Most people living in Thailand do not have permanent residence status.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I submitted my passport facepage and extension stamp as two separate image files to the Expatvac site with my original submission, and my registration was accepted. I got no rejection email.

Being in Bangkok and one of the neighboring provinces is big advantage since the MFA handled the arrangements for the vaccination.

Others outside of that area have to wait for the Department of Public Health to arrange them.

I have gotten no rejection email or anything else after registering on the 1st. I did upload both my passport photo page and extension also.

• Like 1

I just realized, because of Joe's response above, that my prior post was unintentionally misleading, and thus I've corrected it.

To be clear, what I said above about registering with the Expatvac website was/is correct. But since doing that registration and having it accepted on Aug. 9, I've heard nothing further from them in the past 10 days in terms of any follow-up or scheduled appointment from that process.

The part where my prior post went astray was I do indeed have an appointment for a vaccination tomorrow, but it didn't come via the Expatvac website. Rather, the actual appointment came via a direct registration via Medpark Hospital in Bangkok. I got tired of waiting and the lack of a response via the Expatvac process, so I struck out on my own to go the Medpark route.

I got my Pfizer jab from Expatvac/BPH at Pattaya Central Festival yesterday. Very smooth experience other than I couldn't get the nurse's phone number.

While queuing, there was an elderly "walk-in" with no pre-registration and a vocal friend who assisted him in politely cajoling the girl in charge to enter him into the database, and progress to get his shot.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:42 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Apparently a large number of emails have been sent out with the same message but in error, do not despair it may be a misunderstanding !!

B3B0D1C5-1C2B-485B-B175-DD219C6914A9.jpeg.74ea29ea1c134712ec786f24d0ff1c71.jpeg

Where would the mistake be??? And more important when and how will it be fixed????? If ever.....

27 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Where would the mistake be??? And more important when and how will it be fixed????? If ever.....

People that got that or a similar email have been sent a another one with a link to upload the missing visa/extension stamp.