Thai Cabinet Approves Bt9.3 Billion to Procure 20 Million Doses of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine

snoop1130

4932f0f79e8b424d0bb379130ef5d023_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Thai Cabinet has approved 9.3 billion baht to fund the purchase of 20 million doses of Pfizer mRNA COVID-19 vaccine and acknowledged a proposal to purchase 10 million more.

Government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said these procurement projects are part of the Disease Control Department’s plan to procure 100 million doses of various types of COVID-19 vaccines by the end of the year. Altogether, Thailand now expects to have about 30 million doses of the Pfizer mRNA vaccine by the fourth quarter of this year.

He said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha expressed his thanks to all agencies involved in bringing the vaccine to the country, as well as those responsible for its nationwide distribution.

According to the committee on COVID-19 vaccine procurement, since February, a total of 84.22 million doses of Sinovac, AstraZeneca and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines have been ordered. Of these, 24.92 million doses had been delivered by the end of July, while the rest will arrive by December.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 2

I received my official SMS from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital this afternoon giving me a choice of two Pfizer or two Aztra Zeneca jabs. I have a friend who has the exact same appointment, 1300-1400 25 August and given the same choice. He says he'll get the AZ, I'm opting for the Pfizer. Fingers crossed!

14 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I received my official SMS from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital this afternoon giving me a choice of two Pfizer or two Aztra Zeneca jabs. I have a friend who has the exact same appointment, 1300-1400 25 August and given the same choice. He says he'll get the AZ, I'm opting for the Pfizer. Fingers crossed!

same for me but several days earlier, don't know which platform this was booked on as I have recently tried them all 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, tonray said:

There are ancillary costs associated with the jabs. Must pay for medical staff to give the jabs, administration and registration, storage and transport for the vaccines, sinkling fund for side effects care and remediation.

Sure, that is what every country in the world is thinking about now. Let´s calculate how much we lose on the vaccines, and make the whole procedure cost effective. Are you serious? ????????????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Sure, that is what every country in the world is thinking about now. Let´s calculate how much we lose on the vaccines, and make the whole procedure cost effective. Are you serious? ????????????

Whatever your thoughts on the process are....Thailand is offering free vaccinations to us. I received my jab and it did not cost anything...so perhaps you should re-assess.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

these procurement projects are part of the Disease Control Department’s plan to procure 100 million doses of various types of COVID-19 vaccines by the end of the year.

Oh for heaven's, less talk, just ......

th?id=OIP.g7-HSZnzmFQOunt1hpPUBgAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=218&h=156

Edited by RichardColeman

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Lucky you here in Sisaket I get a choice of Blah or Blah Blah - just wind.

Sisaket was no 8 in the top 10 today.

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Whatever your thoughts on the process are....Thailand is offering free vaccinations to us. I received my jab and it did not cost anything...so perhaps you should re-assess.

Yes they are. Like almost every other country. What is there to re-assess? You must have been getting Sinovac with your attitude. ????

Edited by Gottfrid

11 hours ago, smedly said:

this article clearly states that these 30m doses will be in Thailand over the next 3 months 

I'm going to call it fake news - what are the odds I am correct

I think Pfizer is a typo, they mean to say Sinovac

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai Cabinet has approved 9.3 billion baht to fund the purchase of 20 million doses of Pfizer mRNA COVID-19 vaccine and acknowledged a proposal to purchase 10 million more.

August 2021.... nice to see the government have everything in hand.

• Haha 1

Noticed orders include more SinoVac.  Since the government is all-knowing—it must mean they foresee the original Wuhan Codid19 overcoming the dominant Delta variant in Thailand..  SinoVac, as you May recall, works best (if at all) with the original virus.

And how many deaths will occur whist the good folk wait patiently for this to happen This should of been approved more than a year ago once again Thailand is at the back of the line maybe the strategy is that the rest of the world see how bad the situation has got in Thailand that they will all start donating the vaccines FREE like the USA U.K. and Japan have done in recent weeks !

• Like 1