Thailand’s Health Ministry Explains Decision to Purchase another 12 Million Doses of Sinovac

snoop1130

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

When I read about this I was floored.

They have no boundaries.

Its so bad.  Big protests tomorrow scheduled.

Thai are sick and tired of this completely inept government.

There sick of the love affair with China and its low efficient vaccines.

Time for change!

Tobe honest, if some Chinese beauty mistress holds my little bro I think I can't say no to that.  I'm all up for being tied down and be controlled. Yours truly

1 hour ago, suestra29 said:

Why?? Could it be brown envelopes as many suggest or is it to do with hidden payments for military hardware?. There must be a reason why they are overpaying on this and the test kits. Both items are suspect/useless 

Correct. I've gotten accustomed to buying inferior Chinese goods here because little else is available.

However, I'm drawing the line at vaccines.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Are you claiming that the Thai govt is that there is a shortage in demand for Sinovac? Any evidence for that? Projecting much?

Medical community and most Thais do not want Sinovac.

Just Google it.

6 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Medical community and most Thais do not want Sinovac.

Just Google it.

Just because Sinovac is reckoned to be not as effective as other vaccines doesn't mean it's ineffective. And while most Thais would certainly prefer other vaccines, that doesn't mean that they won't accept it in lieu of something else reckoned to be better but not on offer.

Edited by placeholder

Just now, placeholder said:

Just because Sinovac is reckoned to be not as effective as other vaccines doesn't mean it's ineffective. And while most Thais would certainly prefer other vaccines, that doesn't mean that they won't accept it in lieu of something else reckoned to be better but not on offer.

agree, it's better than nothing, though i wouldn't hold my breath for the masses to be offered something better. but who knows, hopefully i'm wrong.

20 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm just commenting on what my wife and friends mention and read on social media.

They also don't trust this government.

They don't want to take Sinovac.

Truthfully I haven't seen any vaccines offered around here in Northern Sakon Nakhon.

We're booked for Moderna if it ever arrives.

Edited by MrJ2U