PPAO Moderna registrations to open next week

webfact

1629286797_1-org.jpg

Rewat Areerob explaining the Moderna vaccinations project during his video address today (Aug 18). Screenshot: PPAO

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Registration for five prioritized groups of people to be vaccinated for COVID-19 with the Moderna vaccine will open in the coming week, with Moderna vaccinations starting in November, Phuket Provincial Administrative Organisation (PPAO, or OrBorJor) President Rewat Areerob confirmed today (Aug 18).

“The OrBorJor will receive 5,060 doses of Moderna vaccine from the Red Cross,” Mr Rewat said after a meeting yesterday (Aug 17), re-confirming the news announced last month.

“Today, we had a meeting with Thai Red Cross Secretary General Krisada Boonyarat about the vaccine arrangement and recipients who are at-risk people who have not received any vaccination injections,” Mr Rewat explained in a video announcement today.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/ppao-moderna-registrations-to-open-next-week-81100.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-19

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Are these the October Moderna doses that took me 2 days to get online, and that I paid for in advance that were 'reallocated' to the Red Cross, while I now patiently wait for a whiff of any vaccine, stuck alone at home?

Me too - no vaccines for expats here - I think my paid for Moderna will be the first as I cannot see the situation around BKK improving soon so no vaccines out here in the ISSAN provinces.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ryane66 said:

Carrot on a string. I got tired and fed up with the lies and promises. We sold our house and flew to Los Angeles last Thursday. We have a vacation home in Arizona. Wife, her son and l already received our 1st Pfizer jab. 2nd jab scheduled 3 weeks after 1st. No waiting or appointment required. In and out at the supermarket pharmacy in 40 minutes. Will wait here for spousal immigration to Canada is approved. Will we return to the land of scams, corruption and lies. Very unlikely.

Flying back to Long beach in 6 weeks. Tired of the BS 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Are these the October Moderna doses that took me 2 days to get online, and that I paid for in advance that were 'reallocated' to the Red Cross, while I now patiently wait for a whiff of any vaccine, stuck alone at home?

I'm sure once they start giving them out for free your refund check will be in the mail. ????

• Haha 2

October suppose to be a big Moderna month that many expats have registered and paid for but remain to be seen how many will infect will receive both shots and so i presume that some of those supply will end up in Phuket as well and who knows where else until October...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Are these the October Moderna doses that took me 2 days to get online, and that I paid for in advance ...

I don't think so ... but this is my guess.

I should thou say, well done in succeeding to book on line.  Many tried and failed.

My speculation is in the coming weeks, we will read more stories of Moderna showing up in dribs and drabs in Q4 of 2021.  My speculation also, is that the Moderna jabs that one has booked via the private  hospitals, won't be given out until December-2021 or Q1-2022.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

I don't think so ... but this is my guess.

I should thou say, well done in succeeding to book on line.  Many tried and failed.

My speculation is in the coming weeks, we will read more stories of Moderna showing up in dribs and drabs in Q4 of 2021.  My speculation also, is that the Moderna jabs that one has booked via the private  hospitals, won't be given out until December-2021 or Q1-2022.

Huh.  Wife just came in to the room saying she was given a site to register for Moderna up in Khon Kean city, about 2 hours away.  Registered both of us, response said January ~ March 2022 time frame.  Not very useful, but interesting that it dovetailed with your comment/speculation.  We are both under 60, no qualifying medical conditions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Almer said:

Yes Khonkhon go to clinic by the big temple at bueng lake and walk in, doing it as i post this.

What is KhonKhon?

If you mean Khon Kaen then you cannot really be paying attention as these are for the residents of Khon Kaen. No idea what's available in Khonkhon

Maybe you live in cuckoo land?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

What is KhonKhon?

If you mean Khon Kaen then you cannot really be paying attention as these are for the residents of Khon Kaen. No idea what's available in Khonkhon

Maybe you live in cuckoo land?

I made a statement that vaccine is available in Issan, thank you for pointing out my spelling mistake. To update you and others  they are open until the 27th and not just for Local residents and Thai, open to all who fit the bill. Would you like me to check in your area for you?

Edited by Almer
Additional info added

8 minutes ago, Almer said:

I made a statement that vaccine is available in Issan, thank you for pointing out my spelling mistake. To update you and others  they are open until the 27th and not just for Local residents and Thai, open to all who fit the bill.

Blah Blah

4 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Rubbish - do you live here??

@Almer

Not rubbish at all, I live in Isaan and am getting Pfizer next month, so If you live in Khon Kaen or the surrounding provinces, are over 60, or under 60 with pre-existing conditions, you can get AZ, this month, Pfizer next month and Sinovac, well I didn't look at dates for that one. 

If anyone wants more info, just reply to this and I will provide you with the link.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

@Almer

Not rubbish at all, I live in Isaan and am getting Pfizer next month, so If you live in Khon Kaen or the surrounding provinces, are over 60, or under 60 with pre-existing conditions, you can get AZ, this month, Pfizer next month and Sinovac, well I didn't look at dates for that one. 

If anyone wants more info, just reply to this and I will provide you with the link.

Scrotobike look some other kind soul trying to help you!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Almer said:

Scrotobike look some other kind soul trying to help you!!

You know the old saying, we can lead them to water, but can't force them to drink it, so we wait and see if he wants to drink, no skin off of my nose, is another saying I am sure you have heard of.

I thought I would add that I am 3 hours out of KK in a nearby province ????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You know the old saying, we can lead them to water, but can't force them to drink it, so we wait and see if he wants to drink, no skin off of my nose, is another saying I am sure you have heard of.

I thought I would add that I am 3 hours out of KK in a nearby province ????

I am told from now until the 27th there is a walk in in Khon kaen for eligible, over 60 with or without underlying, Sinovac is on the menu, i like you am waiting for a conf email for Central Plaza KK on the 12 Sept for Pfizer. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The Red Cross stole vaccines from the people who paid for it already and are now given to elite in Phuket...and more around the country. Shame Thailand how you deal with people 

If they(The Red Cross) would give them to needy people , i wouldn't mind even though i already paid because i am not an elite and don't want to be seen as one because we can pay for them and others in need can't. But i am afraid that that's not the story and that it will be as you said , going to the elite and friends .