Damning news that the government didn't want you to hear: Desperate couple turned away by hospitals go to the police

webfact

7 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Many Covid sufferers have been reported as dying in their homes as I recall.  Problem is there are not enough hospital beds/oxygen tanks is what I read. 

Sad situation of course, but getting infected with this virus is preventable if you take measures.  I admit am not much of a humanitarian when it comes to people as we have ourselves infected the whole planet with our unregulated population growth, then we are supposed to feel bad because people are starving and governments do not have the resources to take care of everyone.

Yes, in my experience all governments are "greedy" and have privilege as their money is not earned, it is given by the taxpayers unwillingly at times for work that no one has to account for as well. 

No incentives to work hard and complete "projects" when your wages are paid by others and the money is there on payday whether you performed or not.  

You must be a Bill Gates fan, you sound just like him.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/19/2021 at 1:46 AM, clivebaxter said:

Begs the question why the need for insurance if there are no beds? Imagine returning and getting covid- here's my $100k covid policy, very sorry have no beds!

You don't figure that having $100K to pay the bill would increase your chances of them finding a bed for you?

Not unlike pretty much the rest of the world.  Even in the UK, patients are paying to go private because the NHS has a backlog of millions of surgeries.  Which means the surgeries are available, but only to people with money (or good insurance).

If I had $100K of insurance (or a credit card) and a Covid problem in BKK, I'd rock up to one of the private hospitals, pretty sure I'd get the care I need.  Sadly, if I was poor, I'd probably be stuffed.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, impulse said:

You don't figure that having $100K to pay the bill would increase your chances of them finding a bed for you?

Not unlike pretty much the rest of the world.  Even in the UK, patients are paying to go private because the NHS has a backlog of millions of surgeries.  Which means the surgeries are available, but only to people with money (or good insurance).

If I had $100K of insurance (or a credit card) and a Covid problem in BKK, I'd rock up to one of the private hospitals, pretty sure I'd get the care I need.  Sadly, if I was poor, I'd probably be stuffed.

I know a Thai family who recently had covid, 2 had insurance but there were still no beds. Luckily they survived and the company shelled out a large sum to them, but hardly anything for the so called treatment they had. 

On 8/19/2021 at 6:17 AM, steven100 said:

Very bias and dramatized story by Naew Na.   

One guy was 80 yrs old ...... medicine for hypertension and diabetes was found on his body.  

Police suspect the others were homeless as no records of residence was found.

being left where they fell "  Police denied these allegations

...   of course they were laying where they fell,  until medical assistance and rescue arrived.

Of the homeless,  I believe 2 tested positive to Covid.   

I thought I'd see you here, offering excuses for your boss. They couldn't pay me enough to be a fanboy for this PM

• Like 1