quarantine for a day trip?

soalbundy

41 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

It might have been bar stool talk but some DUDE told me recently that there is no ban anywhere driving around Thailand IF you are in a private vehicle?

It does seem to be the norm (in all but a couple of provinces) as the word "essential" has never been qualified by the powers that be and the only actual implemented ban is during the curfew hours it seems. 

Edited by Whale
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

It might have been bar stool talk but some DUDE told me recently that there is no ban anywhere driving around Thailand IF you are in a private vehicle?

It's not so much the ban that worries me as to what happens when I get back, I presume I am duty bound to report my trip and since this is a village it will be reported for me before I get back.

43 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

It's not so much the ban that worries me as to what happens when I get back, I presume I am duty bound to report my trip and since this is a village it will be reported for me before I get back.

Well, just for info, I recently did a trip from the North 1200 km round trip down to Rayong area, didnt see 1 checkpoint and no one stopped or enquired anywhere. Naturally the plates on the car were a dead giveaway as to where we were from.

Travelled out at 4.30 am, arrived back 5pm .

I'm in neighbouring Mahasarakham and my wife thought if either of us travelled from Bangkok we'd have to quarantine at home for 10 days. Not a problem for me but it would stop my wife working. In the end she found out we wouldn't need to as things stood at the time. She's a government worker so got the information whilst in the provincial government offices. The requirements will be decided at the provincial level usually in the health department although the village head may be involved in enforcing them. If you can find a website for the Surin provincial administration or it's health department that may help you, assuming you read Thai or have someone who can. The other option is phone them if possible.

Good luck. These are complicated times.

• Like 1