Is Thailand Post safe and secured to used.?

Majulah

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

I have no complaints with Thailand Post.

Same here.  It does seems that some posters' issues are just as likely to be with USPS and Canada Post when they deliberately send cash and "jewellery" unregistered but then, with no evidence, choose to blame Thailand Post.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

International couriers however are not and along with Customs open parcels and invent additional charges

Any examples of those unauthorised, "invented additional charges" from reputable international couriers?    I've never had a courier company charge anything except import duty, VAT and their small disbursement charges that are always detailed specifically on the shipping receipt.   What else could they charge for?

You'll find that any opened items will have been opened by the Customs Department, as they are permitted to do.   The likes of DHL, etc., do not open customers items.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

I've had credit cards and even birthday cards never make it here.

EMS outwards seems to work.

However, just last month some little greaseball post office agent, tried to charge me B1000 to send a B108 EMS to London.

I was polite but firm, and knew my postal rates. It's all online in English, before you go to the orifice.

Technology will eventually beat them all into honesty, even the whales, mark my words.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

just last month some little greaseball post office agent, tried to charge me B1000 to send a B108 EMS to London.

I was polite but firm, and knew my postal rates. It's all online in English, before you go to the orifice.

If you were in a Thailand Post office at least you would have had a receipt for the charge.

2 minutes ago, Majulah said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The OP seems to have gone MIA.

Read the post, it not ordinary or registered post. EMS to France 1650 Bahts..

I did read your post and all my comments to you were based on EMS being used.   Have you read the compensation limits offered by Thailand Post's EMS service? 

I'm happy to be corrected so which particular comment of mine are you referring to?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, kwak250 said:

To be fair how would they know what was in the parcel you sent?

I would take the 7000 baht.

They can scan to see what exactly inside the package to confirmed the declared amount in the EMS form.

4 hours ago, konaboy said:

I quit using the post years ago. I sent two letters to my GF from USA with a 1000 baht included. Never got there.

She probably received it and didn’t tell you, in hopes you would keep sending her another 1000. ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I did read your post and all my comments to you were based on EMS being used.   Have you read the compensation limits offered by Thailand Post's EMS service? 

I'm happy to be corrected so which particular comment of mine are you referring to?

I went down to TP this morning. Now TP giving excuses waiting for France Post office to response. However France Post Office tracking show it never show up there. Item is still in Thailand after more than 2 months.. 

702E38D9-79D9-46D0-A797-5A430F405A99.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Majulah said:

I went down to TP this morning. Now TP giving excuses waiting for France Post office to response. However France Post Office tracking show it never show up there. Item is still in Thailand after more than 2 months.. 

702E38D9-79D9-46D0-A797-5A430F405A99.jpeg

That tracking actually shows that the item has left Thailand...

"Suvarhnabhumi Mail Centre, Departure from Outward OE".

Waiting for La Poste to respond to enquiries about missing items is normal, it is not giving excuses.

Thailand Post has already offered you B7,000 (the maximum figure with EMS) according to your post so why don't you just take that?   There's no way that they will offer more compensation than that provided by the EMS service.

What was the solid gold watch that only cost B31,000?  

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 minutes ago, Majulah said:
1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

I wonder how your buyer  of a 31,000 solid gold watch is reacting to your failure to deliver the   promised watch?

Disappointed after waiting for more than 2 months.

I bet he was!

At least you'll be compensated with the B7,000 cover you arranged on the EMS delivery.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That tracking actually shows that the item has left Thailand...

"Suvarhnabhumi Mail Centre, Departure from Outward OE".

Waiting for La Poste to respond to enquiries about missing items is normal, it is not giving excuses.

Thailand Post has already offered you B7,000 (the maximum figure with EMS) according to your post so why don't you just take that?   There's no way that they will offer more compensation than that provided by the EMS service.

I'm angry with TP saying 20k maximum compensation that turn out to be only 7K. Would rather pay a little bit more using DHL to ship instead. 

8 minutes ago, Majulah said:
1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

I wonder how your buyer  of a 31,000 solid gold watch is reacting to your failure to deliver the   promised watch?

Disappointed after waiting for more than 2 months.

Five months according to the tracking you showed.   Where does the "2 months" come from

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I bet he was!

At least you'll be compensated with the B7,000 cover you arranged on the EMS delivery.

It not really money that matter me. It another thing, not safe, not efficient and not secured anymore.

3 minutes ago, Majulah said:

I'm angry with TP saying 20k maximum compensation that turn out to be only 7K. Would rather pay a little bit more using DHL to ship instead. 

Well, if you have that in writing (as opposed to the official EMS details) you have no problem but if you did not get that in writing or on a receipt why would you have sent a "solid gold watch" in the post?   What "solid gold watch" for B31,000 was it, again?

5 minutes ago, Majulah said:

The package never leave Thailand as shown in France Post Office tracking. See the question mark.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Majulah said:

The package never leave Thailand as shown in France Post Office tracking. See the question mark.

That is not what the tracking from La Poste shows!   

La Poste's tracking shows it having left Thailand...

"Suvarhnabhumi Mail Centre, Departure from Outward OE".   

The tracking could not be clearer than that.

You have your proof, it is not safe or secure. I would not use US mail or Thai post internationally for anything more valuable than a picture postcard. A mugs game.

Fedex UPS or DHL only way to go. Cargo flights have never been curtailed or delayed for the entirety of the covid-19 crisis, in fact the number of services increased.

7 weeks wait for a letter from Japan no sign of it. Sending from Thailand to Japan on Fedex 4 days.