Expats in Thailand to get vaccines soon: Anutin

webfact

So far many in Chiang Mai have had free Sino with AZ#2 given from next week.

We're the the pick n mix guinea pigs!

I can't wait for my Marvel superpowers to kick in, but I'll settle for the lesser-known side effect of an unfeasibly large todger.

• Haha 2

I received an email today telling me that I can get a Pfizer vacc at Kanchanaburi Hospital on Monday.   Great news , except I had my first at MedPark 10 days ago.

I registered on intervac & expat vac sites, and came up trumps on both!

Interestingly, my email from the hospital came with an attachment - listing the names, age, email address & country of origin for all recipients at the hospital  - typical high tech security!!  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stigar said:

Ur vaccine not approved for going other countries.USA..UK and EU.Good luck

Not an entirely correct comment.  First being vaccinated doesn't get you anything with regard to entry into the USA.  Second, if talking about the AstraZeneca manufactured in Thailand it is accepted in Germany and France.  It is not currently accepted by the EU Medicines Agency, however EU member states make their own decisions on whether to recognize the vaccination (see Germany and France).

6 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I received an email today telling me that I can get a Pfizer vacc at Kanchanaburi Hospital on Monday.   Great news , except I had my first at MedPark 10 days ago.

I registered on intervac & expat vac sites, and came up trumps on both!

Interestingly, my email from the hospital came with an attachment - listing the names, age, email address & country of origin for all recipients at the hospital  - typical high tech security!!  

The interval between jabs of Pfizer should be 21 days.

The Pfizer vaccination you received at MedPark didn't come with an appointment for the second dose?  Generally, when you get your first jab in Thailand you will be given an appointment for the second jab.  Didn't that happen for you at MedPark?

If you've been given an appointment for a second jab at MedPark then you should cancel the Kanchanaburi Hospital appointment.  Actually, you should cancel the appointment on Monday because it is too soon (not 21 days) after your first jab.

All the different sites for vaccine registration makes this situation understandable.  I doubt you would actually be given the second jab on Monday but I wouldn't want to find out. ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Not an entirely correct comment.  First being vaccinated doesn't get you anything with regard to entry into the USA.  Second, if talking about the AstraZeneca manufactured in Thailand it is accepted in Germany and France.  It is not currently accepted by the EU Medicines Agency, however EU member states make their own decisions on whether to recognize the vaccination (see Germany and France).

Ur rigth.But sinovav and sputnik makes a different.Here in norway we just use phizer and moderna.The Aztra Senica vacsines they gave away.I get my second shot phizer yesterday just after 4 weeks from my first shot.

Still bored and still waiting for expatvac finger back to me.

Got a message from the British Consulate that there will be an opening for registration of AZ in Bangkok tomorrow for vaccination between tomorrow and 25th. Fine, but I'm not in Bangkok, nor even close...about 280 miles...

7 hours ago, head bender said:

In Hua Hin we have been treated very fairly I get my 2nd shot on Monday morning. Well done PKK

Who did you register with? I am over 70 registered with expatvac and heard nothing about an appointment after confirmation of registration. I am also listed at Bangkok hospital here in Hua Hin

Wife got a call from one of her nurse or Dr. buddies at the big government hospital in our city in Nakhon Ratchasima, reporting that some Pfizer doses were being sent up to them 'soon'.  I presume that would be a portion of US donated Pfizer linked to the ExpatVac registration site.  Sounds like gears might indeed be moving somewhere, we'll see how this develops.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, skatewash said:

The interval between jabs of Pfizer should be 21 days.

The Pfizer vaccination you received at MedPark didn't come with an appointment for the second dose?  Generally, when you get your first jab in Thailand you will be given an appointment for the second jab.  Didn't that happen for you at MedPark?

If you've been given an appointment for a second jab at MedPark then you should cancel the Kanchanaburi Hospital appointment.  Actually, you should cancel the appointment on Monday because it is too soon (not 21 days) after your first jab.

All the different sites for vaccine registration makes this situation understandable.  I doubt you would actually be given the second jab on Monday but I wouldn't want to find out. ????

Yes.  I have my 2nd vacc booked in at MedPark already

Yes - I have already cancelled my Kanchanaburi appt.   I rang them to see if my wifes' father - who has a lung condition, could take my appointment - but no , these vaccines are for non-Thai only.

I posted this information to advise people that the vaccine rollout for eligible expats is beginning in areas other than Bangkok.

I did not request a guide on vaccination protocol - but thanks anyway...

• Thanks 1

I received my initial Pfizer vaccine yesterday morning in Chiang Mai.  I will get a second shot of Pfizer on 10 September.  The entire process was very well managed by Thai nurses and staff at McCormick Hospital. 

• Like 1

Been 3 weeks since I registered on the expatvac site, not even a rejection over the BS visa issues. Yep, we in Isaan are on the bottom of the pecking order.

Will give it one more week then line up for the sinovac AZ combination, knocked back the opportunity 4 times now since 1st Aug.

Edited by bdenner
Typo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that over 300,000 expats had received jabs at the vaccination centres located at MedPark, the vaccination centre at the Bang Sue Grand Station, as well as at Vimut and Bangrak hospitals.

Expats or Myanmar factory workers?  I'm thinking the latter would make up the majority of that assertion.

For those who haven't worked it out, the people crowing about getting vax are all situated in, or near, one of Thailand's biggest cities by population.

There seems to be little attempt to cover outlying areas not serviced by one of the big 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The very fact that this is even a discussion is so telling of how people are treated in Thailand, which is a problem that was here before COVID and will remain long after it’s gone.

Thailand appears to be unable or unwilling to go beyond the us and them mentality that’s so far behind most other countries, it almost begs belief. 

• Thanks 1

I don't want to publicize one of the many expat vloggers in Thailand, particularly as so many of them are suddenly finding "family reasons" to flee back to their home countries. 

However, I did watch a post from one in the USA where he and his Thai wife wandered into a Pharmacy in Walmart where both were jabbed with Moderna within minutes, no questions asked other than, which one do you want.

That's how it should be Prayut and Anutin!

(Of course many Americans still refuse in the name of freedom!)

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2