Foreigners bought 660 condos in Bangkok area this year: Average price 5M baht, Thais 3.8 M baht

webfact

2 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Most resale prices registred with the Land department are lower than the actual selling prices, in order for the seller to be taxed more lightly.

Probably true for foreigners. Thais generally buy with bank loan and banks surely would not want to have lower prices registered at land department.

If a foreigner buys from a Thai, and it is recent built, most likely part of the amount, if not most of it, will go to the bank that gave the loan to seller.

As this is for condos, there is also an appraisal site, which tells the per m2 appraised value per floor of each building. Those taking loan from bank would only get it to set percentage of appraised value, not the actual purchase price. I would guess foreigners would not be paying stupid prices for condos and check their actual appraised value first?

• Confused 2

I don't believe this for one second......100% no on this one..... 66 condos or 33 condos I might believe........With all the travel restrictions... Not many buy condos without looking at them....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

This is another useless economic indicator that demonstrates just how depressed the market is. It would be better to say nothing than publish these dismal numbers.

Why? Do you think only good looking numbers should be published?

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, Shuya said:

... and get an unconditional residence permit with it. Surprisingly he forgot to mention that fact. 

and If I remember correctly it's also possible to buy a land and house.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I don't believe this for one second......100% no on this one..... 66 condos or 33 condos I might believe........With all the travel restrictions... Not many buy condos without looking at them....

Well it's not that many really. I wonder how many purchase in a normal year, I would think many more than this.

• Like 1

(...) From 2010 to 2018, an average of 105,000 new units debuted in Bangkok yearly, according to Bank of Ayudhya's research house Krungsri Research. But sales totaled only about 96,000 units per year, which lifted housing inventory.

As the pandemic hurts the country's economy, Thai developers are adopting various tactics including 50% discounts to entice buyers.

The condo trend "is likely to slow both in terms of supply and demand," said Risinee Sarikaputra, director of research and consultancy at Knight Frank Thailand. She said it is expected to take "another two years for the condominium market to improve."

Around 100,000 units remained for sale in Bangkok as of May, she said.

AP (Thailand), which builds the Aspire condo brand, reported a drop of over 40% in first-quarter net profit from a year ago to 618 million baht. Revenue dipped 31% to 5.4 billion baht (...)

https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Thailand-s-condo-market-sinks-as-Chinese-investment-ebbs

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

Estate agents that I have see interviewed about  property market have all been bullish and stated how well the market is performing some saying prices are actually going up in tourist areas. If this is the case the market should be booming! Is it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

But is that information available to the public?

I don’t know about condos but the land department will tell you the “official” value of a block of land, that doesn’t necessarily reflect the market value

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, Shuya said:

... and get an unconditional residence permit with it. Surprisingly he forgot to mention that fact. 

Malaysia has changed its visa rules recently.

https://pickvisa.com/blog/retirement-visa-requirements-for-malaysia

Bank deposit of 150,000 MMR is 1,180,354 thb. The minimum monthly income is 10,000 MMR = 78,690 thb and gaining a 10 year visa is getting harder all the time.