Opinions on Sinovac?

FridgeMagnet1

The basic evidence to date (as I understand it) is:

(1) SV + SV gives about 50% protection and is OK for the early virus variants but ineffective against Delta

(2) SV + AZ (in that order) is as effective as AZ+AZ (ie c80% or more)

Haven't seen anything on SV+Pf or SV+Mod. Presumably if you have access to Pf or Mod you're unlikely to be starting out with SV ...

• Thanks 2

Very timely post, as I have a chance for Sinovac + AZ tomorrow in a village school.

Wife can go too but she has convinced herself as she had a serious heart condition in her teens, that Sinovac could kill her. So she has decided to wait for a pay-as-you-go vaccine, or 2 x AZ.

As for me I have explored every platform that you can register on and heard nothing until yesterday when the provincial hospital told me they have a list from the MFA of 30 recipients, but, as yet, not for me. I feel that if I hang on a week or so they may come good, but need to pass on tomorows opportunity.

Whether it's the local school doing 1000 locals tomorrow, or some big Bangkok hospital, we both will likely wait till other choices arrive as it seems risky to head where big crowds are. A recent vaccine day (for Thai only) has resulted in one person going to get jabbed, then being tested positive and now isolating at home. We are bored as F self solating for so long but can probably wait it out a bit longer.

As for SInovac, and mix and matching, it's hard who to believe. I recall Sinovac originally was deemed unsuitable for over 60's but (as there is plenty of stock?) it's ok now?

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 2