Leading Thai doctor says the Covid stats can't be trusted

webfact

this makes me laugh...even Oz's SCOMO is backpedaling now saying the stats should be hospitalised cases not tests.
and fmd, what were the Thai stats based on before they were peer pressured by other countries?
hospitalised cases.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that without a continuing hard lockdown with all its rules the current numbers - or worse - will be running to the end of October or even later in the year. 

the doctor better makes sure that he does not end up in prison for saying this ... they passed a new law against ' fearmongering ' even if , what was said , is true .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cclub75 said:

Me too.

As i wrote before : look at "serious conditions" and "ventilators" patients....

Since end of june (so almost 2 months), the daily increase in % has decelerated, constantly... and now (since a few days) is in negative territory.

forget "cases" stats". We all know it's BS.

So from the hospitals point of view (real ones, not "hospitels" BS)... the wave is clearly GOING DOWN.

It doesn't mean it can't go up again. But the evolution is looking good.

Serious/critical is now UP to 5615, daily deaths are now in excess of 200, it is clearly NOT going down is it?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Chula medical sciences guru said it made no sense that 250-500,000 cases took 27 days and 500,000 to a milllion took less - only 25 days.

He suggested there were far more cases not included in the figures as people were isolating at home after doing their own ATK tests, reported Sanook

He's toast, hope he enjoys his long retirement.

Fishing is a good hobby, as long as you take a good mate when near water.

15 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

the doctor better makes sure that he does not end up in prison for saying this ... they passed a new law against ' fearmongering ' even if , what was said , is true .

the high court threw it out the PM was left with egg on his face 

• Like 2

Me too.

As i wrote before : look at "serious conditions" and "ventilators" patients....

Since end of june (so almost 2 months), the daily increase in % has decelerated, constantly... and now (since a few days) is in negative territory.

forget "cases" stats". We all know it's BS.

So from the hospitals point of view (real ones, not "hospitels" BS)... the wave is clearly GOING DOWN.

Stats from government hospitals... nuff said.

Oh, this will get the massed medical faculty of Thai Visa all excited. If only John Hopkins Uni knew what they have all known all these months, having researched it in a Chang bottle or ten and peer reviewed it in these very forums. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange that there is circ 20k cases a day, maybe that's the max testing available

Why can't other people see this...If you do not test, you can never know the real figures. This is why Germany always looks good, it has one of the lowest testing ratios in Europe. Also, if there are any underlying causes in Germany, it is not a covid death.

You would think that the WHO would set a standard for this....Sorry, what am I thinking?

• Like 2

While I agree with your assessment that whatever the numbers really are, they may have peaked.. How will they remain stable or trending down when the country reopens.. Or do you imagine they are going to remain in current lockdown mode till the end of the year / forever ?? 

Cases have peaked because of lockdowns and the crippling of the economy.. To regain the economy, they have to allow the process that causes cases to rise again.. 

The only way out of this mess is effective vaccines, which they dont yet have.. Hell even Israel with 80% pfizer etc is going back into lock downs and another set of rising cases. 

They cannot stay locked down.. If they reopen.. cases restart.. its a simple set of calculations without effective vaccinations. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, buick said:

i'm going to bet against his forecast.  the death numbers will be below 100/day in october.  death numbers can be hidden but they are far more reliable than cases.  so the death numbers will be better, not the same or worse.  the case numbers are meaningless due to the weak testing program.

From the begining of the pandemic, I figured a good indicator was the number of times I heard the rockets going off in the local Wat denoting a funeral. Ah, well, the best laid plans … does not seem to be too many …?

Edited by wwest5829