Impressed with Decathalon mail order

recom273

One positive of the pandemic is that online shopping in Thailand has come on in leaps and bounds.

Lazada is pretty good these days so long as you stick to items located in Thailand, that said I've been getting items from China in less than 14 days from order. Their refund process works very well IF you follow the procedures.

• Like 2

I sat in the car park at the Bang Na branch last week and ordered online, walked to the store door where a lady came out and spoke to me, i added their QR code and sent the order number, within 5 minutes my order was at the door for me to take away. Less that 15 minutes from start to finish.

I like walking around our local Decathalon here in Pattaya and TBH I never considered shopping online with them but will give them a try, thanks for the review.

Google: Decathlon S.A. is a French sporting goods retailer. With over 1647 stores in nearly 1000 cities in 57 countries and regions, it is the largest sporting goods retailer in the world.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fangless said:

Thanks. You are obviously on better speaking terms with Mr google than I am!

Syntax is everything-as the mamassan says!

I don’t have your problem, at the breakfast table every morning I sit opposite Ms Google…And even before I finish speaking she says no that’s not right, I just don’t know how she does it

• Haha 1

I've never heard of Decathlon Sports but looks like a hidden gem to me!

Good delivery times promised to up 'in the boonies' and very reasonable prices. I play a lot of badminton so always looking to try new brands of shoes etc.  

Cheers for the heads up! 

7 minutes ago, Madgee said:

I've never heard of Decathlon Sports but looks like a hidden gem to me!

Good delivery times promised to up 'in the boonies' and very reasonable prices. I play a lot of badminton so always looking to try new brands of shoes etc.  

Cheers for the heads up! 

Really? It's a French company. I would call it the IKEA of the sports world.

The stuff is OK, just like IKEA, not great, but its reasonably priced. If you are a badminton player, I wouldn't buy a racquet or shoes for myself, but shorts and shirts are fine.

I have a couple of lightweight fleeces I bought 15 years ago in the UK, I throw them in my bag when flying, the stuff lasts but maybe you need to be a little selective with purchases.

You can return goods via carrier without an issue, although you might need to wait a couple of weeks for the refund.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, recom273 said:

Really? It's a French company. I would call it the IKEA of the sports world.

Really!

Decathlon stores opened a branch in my home city in 2017. I left the UK in 2008.

Thanks for the heads up comparison to Ikea. I like Ikea. ????