Reputable visa agents in Bangkok

Does anybody know any good visa agents in Bangkok that can do a 60 day covid extension for me. I work during office hours so wondering how much an agent would charge me. I contacted Grace at My visa center and she wanted 10,000 bht which I think is way to much. Worst case I will take the day off and do it my self, but just looking around to see my options as I don't mind paying for the convenience of using an agent but 10k they are just ripping people off.

If you send a PM to @Mike Teavee, he can give you details of the agent he uses. That agent appears to be good, but will not engage in any illegal activity. They may well want you to attend Immigration with them for an extension (this is an official requirement) but the agent will transport you there and back, as well as getting you VIP queuing which minimises the overall time involved.

• Like 1

OP, very surprised with price that you mentioned from ThaiVisaCentre. I was under impression it was ~ 5500b which includes the extension fee and pick up drop off service in Bangkok. 

Think you can easily check again and/or alternative agent in Bangkok area. 

Make sure that you check with agent if they can include the 'under consideration period' otherwise you will be in same spot a month later.

Note: job with covid extension. I wouldn't put that out there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Make sure that you check with agent if they can include the 'under consideration period' otherwise you will be in same spot a month later.

They have stopped doing the under consideration period in Bangkok for the covid 19 extensions.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you send a PM to @Mike Teavee, he can give you details of the agent he uses. That agent appears to be good, but will not engage in any illegal activity. They may well want you to attend Immigration with them for an extension (this is an official requirement) but the agent will transport you there and back, as well as getting you VIP queuing which minimises the overall time involved.

Just to advise that due to CV19 cutbacks, the guys I use no longer provide the transport to/from CW... To give an idea of travel costs, a Bolt taxi from my Condo (next to On Nut BTS Station) to CW was 200THB & a taxi from outside CW back was around 280THB + 60THB for tolls.   

OP, Cost to extend my Non-Imm O ("Retirement") was 8,900 THB which includes the 1,900 THB that you have to pay for any extension.... I would imagine a CV19 extension would be cheaper than this as there's a lot less paperwork for them to process.  

You have to go to CW in person to do the extension (I have heard of people getting extensions from Jomtien in the past without having to visit the immigration office but the same guy I know said he had to go have his picture taken there this time so I don't know if they've put a stop to that) & if you go on your own, you will only be able to extend up to 3 days in advance   https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/important-announcement/ - But these guys were able to get my extension 44 days in advance so am sure can help you if you need to do it earlier. 

Now - mid Sept is going to be as good a time as any to do your extension as it's going to be chaotic in the 3 days leading up to the 26th September with most people who did annual extensions last August/September now having the same 26th September end date.

Edited by Mike Teavee

42 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

you have to go to CW in person to do the extension (I have heard of people getting extensions from Jomtien in the past without having to visit the immigration office but the same guy I know said he had to go have his picture taken there this time so I don't know if they've put a stop to that) & if you go on your own, you will only be able to extend up to 3 days in advance 

It is wanting a 60 day covid 19 extension not a one year extension based upon retirement.

He has not stated what type of visa he entered the country's with. With a tourist visa other type of entries it is done at CW. For a visa exempt entry it is done at Muang Thong Thani that does not have the 3 days before requirement. That has a limit of 300 queue numbers per day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It is wanting a 60 day covid 19 extension not a one year extension based upon retirement.

He has not stated what type of visa he entered the country's with. With a tourist visa other type of entries it is done at CW. For a visa exempt entry it is done at Muang Thong Thani that does not have the 3 days before requirement. That has a limit of 300 queue numbers per day.

Sorry Joe, I'd (mis)read ithe OP as they'd entered on a Tourist Visa so would extend at CW & be subject to the restrictions on when they can do the extension, but as you say, if they entered Visa Exempt then the only restriction is whether they can get a queue number at MTT on that day 

For anybody who's interested/impacted, here's the list of extensions subject to the current 3-day restriction on when you can extend... 

To reduce congestion the risk of infection the Immigration Division 1
therefore ask for cooperation from those who will come to apply for permission stay in the Kingdom at
Chaengwatthana Government Center (J,L,M,N counter)
-Extension Visa ex Extension of Long stay for Non-Immigrant
Visa ex. NON-O, NON-B, NON-ED
– Retirement
– Visiting a spouse or children
– Having a spouse or children who are Thai
– Business
– Teacher /Student
– International organization /Foundation
/Association
– Tourist Visa (TR-60), Tourist MT Visa
– Special Tourist Visa (STV)
to contact and submit an application to stay.
Before the expiration date not more than 3 days in advance only.
*****Starting from 20 July 2021****
Immigration Division 1 apologizes for any inconvenience if the situation improves.
We will notify you of the changes in the future.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

For anybody who's interested/impacted, here's the list of extensions subject to the current 3-day restriction on when you can extend...

That does not apply for the Muang Thong Thani office. It is a limit of 300 queue numbers there.

See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/announcementcounter-k/

For CW it is here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/important-announcement/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I entered Thailand with a Non O marriage visa. I don't see a point of using an agent if I have to go to immigration with them. My extension expires on a Sunday. Will the 3 day rule rule at CW count as if it expires on Friday and I can go there on a Wednesday to get the 60 day Covid extension?

55 minutes ago, nightfox said:

I entered Thailand with a Non O marriage visa. I don't see a point of using an agent if I have to go to immigration with them. My extension expires on a Sunday. Will the 3 day rule rule at CW count as if it expires on Friday and I can go there on a Wednesday to get the 60 day Covid extension?

Going back to your OP, I understand now how you were able to work as you indicate now that you are on extension based on marriage.

Not sure how working on a covid extension would pan out.

Also the immigration officer may wonder why your not obtaining another extension based on marriage and opting for covid extensions.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Going back to your OP, I understand now how you were able to work as you indicate now that you are on extension based on marriage.

Not sure how working on a covid extension would pan out.

Also the immigration officer may wonder why your not obtaining another extension based on marriage and opting for covid extensions.

I work remotely, My extension of stay based on marriage was done in Issan, Im in currently in Bangkok, as there is no public transportation to Issan these days due to covid restrictions I cant go back there to renew my extension so I will try to obtain a 60 day covid extension here in Bangkok.

11 minutes ago, nightfox said:

I cant go back there to renew my extension so I will try to obtain a 60 day covid extension here in Bangkok

Applying for extension in Bangkok you will need to have tm30 to show change of address. 

ubonjoe will be along to give definitive advice.

I now understand 10k baht from Grace. Your op didn't outline the actual situation. 10k is fine IMO.

Edited by DrJack54

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Applying for extension in Bangkok you will need to have tm30 to show change of address. 

ubonjoe will be along to give definitive advice.

I now understand 10k baht from Grace. Your op didn't outline the actual situation. 10k is fine IMO.

My hotel already sent a TM30 to immigration and I have a copy as well. 10k for just a 60 day extension as a bit absurd considering some visa agents charge that price or yearly extension based on retirement putting the 800k in your bank. There's a lot of bad reviews on Grace from my Thai visa online that I just seen and one of them is that she overcharges for her services.

2 minutes ago, nightfox said:

My hotel already sent a TM30 to immigration and I have a copy as well. 10k for just a 60 day extension as a bit absurd considering some visa agents charge that price or yearly extension based on retirement putting the 800k in your bank. There's a lot of bad reviews on Grace from my Thai visa online that I just seen and one of them is that she overcharges for her services.

Clearly your aware of your options including using agents.

Plenty listed in Bangkok so you can check others or attend CW yourself.

Please report back with your experience obtaining the covid extension.