Electrician dies from electrocution while installing wires in Panat Nikhom

snoop1130

240441048_1955740027935619_4229235482006629403_n-696x526.jpg

PHOTO: Sawang Het Rescue Team

An electrician has died from electrocution while he was installing wires into a customer’s house in the Panat Nikhom district.

Rescue workers were notified of the incident over the past weekend at a house in the Nongprue sub-district of Panat Nikhom.

The first responders arrived at the house to find the body of Mr. Montri Somboon, 47, still attached to a power pole near the home. It took about an hour for rescue workers to move his body from the pole.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/24/electrician-dies-from-electrocution-while-installing-wires-in-panat-nikhom/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 3

Mr. Naruesirn Dokmaiklee, 52, who is Mr. Montri’s employer told reporters, “I have already warned him about wearing proper safety equipment many times before. Additionally, he often would attempt to do additional work outside of his scope, which we believe was the case in this incident. He attempted to connect wires that he was not trained on which resulted in the unfortunate accident.”

The ladder isnt a proper tool to do this work. It is even metal.

The employer should have provided proper safety equipment. Were his handtools isolated up to the power where he was working on? The proper tools cost more money, so how serious is the employer?  

Why he would do additional work outside of his scope ? Probably was ordered. 

Working should be only with power of line. And then use the 3M rule. 

Check your meter 1M, then measure 2M and then check meter again 3M.

An electrician not being trainend to connect wires? Then it is not an electrician.

In my country, if you are not dead then, you get fired. Already for using that ladder.

You are responsible and if you just think you cant do it safe, then dont and refuse.

You do need then to argument your refusal. But it is your life!

You can get pressured sometimes to do it, but just simple refuse.

Sad situation again with electricity. You really cant underestimate electricity, it kills you in a jiffy.

A witness, Mr. Phonchai Witayapraparat, 45, told reporters, “I was inside my house relaxing when I heard a man crying for help.”

“I rushed outside and saw the man being shocked. I removed a wire from the transformer to cut the electric current before calling for help.” Phonchai stated.

Not an electrician and removed a wire, meaning almost 2 died.

20 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Mr. Naruesirn Dokmaiklee, 52, who is Mr. Montri’s employer told reporters, “I have already warned him about wearing proper safety equipment many times before. Additionally, he often would attempt to do additional work outside of his scope, which we believe was the case in this incident. He attempted to connect wires that he was not trained on which resulted in the unfortunate accident.”

The ladder isnt a proper tool to do this work. It is even metal.

The employer should have provided proper safety equipment. Were his handtools isolated up to the power where he was working on? The proper tools cost more money, so how serious is the employer?  

Why he would do additional work outside of his scope ? Probably was ordered. 

Working should be only with power of line. And then use the 3M rule. 

Check your meter 1M, then measure 2M and then check meter again 3M.

An electrician not being trainend to connect wires? Then it is not an electrician.

In my country, if you are not dead then, you get fired. Already for using that ladder.

You are responsible and if you just think you cant do it safe, then dont and refuse.

You do need then to argument your refusal. But it is your life!

You can get pressured sometimes to do it, but just simple refuse.

Sad situation again with electricity. You really cant underestimate electricity, it kills you in a jiffy.

A witness, Mr. Phonchai Witayapraparat, 45, told reporters, “I was inside my house relaxing when I heard a man crying for help.”

“I rushed outside and saw the man being shocked. I removed a wire from the transformer to cut the electric current before calling for help.” Phonchai stated.

Not an electrician and removed a wire, meaning almost 2 died.

Indeed a very ' amazing ' story, as in all the years i have lived here I 've never seen them use a steel ladder....