COVID-19 deaths in Thailand pass 10,000

webfact

7 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

You are totally right.. They have no clue and no vision....But let them open everything and we will see that the numbers will rise to highs we haven't seen yet.. Than they will cry fool and don't know how to solve it. Thai people like to make big messes before they com in real action. In a western country we try to keep the problems small and yes it will hurt the businesses but look now what is happening in Eu and the USA : everything is going almost to be normal again, and still there are new cases, but a lot of things are back to normal. I fear the worst has to come yet

Here's a scenario. They open up and at the same time reduce testing.

Latest data show that over 9% of the Thai population is now fully vaccinated. 

At the current rate 70% of the population will be double jabbed by the beginning of January in line with the NCDC request to reopen the country by year end under the ‘Smart control and living with COVID’ initiative. 

https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The Ministry of Public Health has revealed that the Delta #COVID19 variant can spread as fast as chicken pox, so the vaccine is not enough to stop the spread of the virus. It is necessary to apply public health measures along with vaccinations.

E9i-tKRVEAUwn8F.jpg.12329d183f508972509d4f0df139bd23.jpg

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1430349209702526981

Sounds like there’s a split between Prayut and Anutin, on the one hand, and the medical professionals who actually understand public health, on the other.  Prayut and Anutin sound wilfully delusional.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I can’t let that one go.

The 40% rate is for testing of close contacts and hospital walk-ins. It is not representative of the positivity rate of the general population.

There has been pro-Active testing in Pattaya over the last 10 days, with a positivity rate under 4%.

Yes, I know: there isn’t enough testing ™️ 

Even a 4% +ve rate throughout Thailand would mean over 2.5 million cases. The testing rate here is shamefully low.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I can’t let that one go.

The 40% rate is for testing of close contacts and hospital walk-ins. It is not representative of the positivity rate of the general population.

There has been pro-Active testing in Pattaya over the last 10 days, with a positivity rate under 4%.

Yes, I know: there isn’t enough testing ™️ 

I can't let that one go. If you don't test the general population how can you know the positivity rate of said population. The 40% (it was stated as being higher in the provinces) represents those tested. 50,000 out of 70,000,000.

57 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The Ministry of Public Health has revealed that the Delta #COVID19 variant can spread as fast as chicken pox, so the vaccine is not enough to stop the spread of the virus. It is necessary to apply public health measures along with vaccinations.

E9i-tKRVEAUwn8F.jpg.12329d183f508972509d4f0df139bd23.jpg

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1430349209702526981

I am able to do 4 of those 5 things, and really wish I could do #5.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Latest data show that over 9% of the Thai population is now fully vaccinated. 

At the current rate 70% of the population will be double jabbed by the beginning of January in line with the NCDC request to reopen the country by year end under the ‘Smart control and living with COVID’ initiative. 

How accurate is that tracker? It does not separate out the 3rd doses so the actual figures are misleading.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How accurate is that tracker? It does not separate out the 3rd doses so the actual figures are misleading.

If you let the website know your opinion, as well as the NCDC, I am sure they will adjust their data and recommendations accordingly. 

Be safe 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The website already states it:

"*The actual numbers take a while to be reported, so this number is based off the latest reported numbers of each country, and the rate they have administered the vaccine over the preceding 7 days. The number is total number of doses and not always equal to the number of people that have been vaccinated."

Which brings me back to my point, its not accurate as it does not separate out the 3rd doses. Official numbers are announced just after lunch by CCSA

Thanks for posting it again for clarification and just in case it was missed. Much appreciated. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The Ministry of Public Health on Tuesday warned people against forging Covid-19 test reports in order to avail of leave or insurance, as it could be treated as a crime.

The Ministry of Public Health on Tuesday warned people against forging Covid-19 test reports in order to avail of leave or insurance, as it could be treated as a crime.

The director-general of the Department of Medical Sciences, Suphakit Sirilak, said that there had been cases of Covid-19 test report forgery.

He mentioned the case of a factory worker who wanted to avail of sick leave by claiming to be infected with Covid-19. The employer did not believe the claim and sought the test report, which the worker forged.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005230

• Thanks 1

Cabinet U-turns on COVID-19 antigen test kits’ WHO standards

The cabinet, with the agreement of the Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, withdrew his instruction, issued a week ago, that the rapid antigen test kits (ATK), to be procured by the National Health Security Office (NHSO), must meet WHO standards, paving the way for the signing of a deal to buy Chinese-made kits.

Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul said that Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul explained to the cabinet that the 8.5 million ATKs, to be purchased by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization for the NHSO, are for home use and are not the professional use type, which has been approved by WHO.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/cabinet-u-turns-on-covid-19-antigen-test-kits-who-standards/

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

It's odd, or oddly 'funny', or perhaps just very human the things to which we all get inured.

Infection rates are running a major multiple of the levels that led to three previous closures/restrictions, and deaths are---in a single day---about 4-5 times the number of deaths in the entire first year of Covid, yet not only are some praising the 'declining trend', but these folks, along with the govt, are talking about relaxation of restrictions.

We, collectively, have come to accept massive infection and hundreds of deaths each day, when 16 months ago the country closed down and a curfew was imposed due to one or two deaths per day...if even that.

I am not arguing that Thailand should stay closed forever, just pointing out that what once scared the bejesus out of the Thai population is now part of the proverbial 'new normal'. I understand the economic necessity of some sort of relaxation, and I've seen the pain that closures have brought into the streets and sidewalks of Bangkok. It's that this is just one of those very 'human' moments where we come to accept things that a few years ago would have been unthinkable.

In a weird way this reminds me of one of Stalin's famous statements: "One death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." In Thailand, the 'statistic' is now 10,000, yet we're 'seeing light at the end of the tunnel'.

I agree

I may add that given Thailand's fortunate start with low infrctions before Delta, most countries had worked it out - vaccinate the old, sick and protect the health services. Thailand should have vaccinated the old/sick earlier and there would now be less than 10,000 deaths. I do not have the words to describe the current administration's approach to Covid. Careless, cruel, stupid?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Cabinet U-turns on COVID-19 antigen test kits’ WHO standards

The cabinet, with the agreement of the Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, withdrew his instruction, issued a week ago, that the rapid antigen test kits (ATK), to be procured by the National Health Security Office (NHSO), must meet WHO standards, paving the way for the signing of a deal to buy Chinese-made kits.

Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul said that Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul explained to the cabinet that the 8.5 million ATKs, to be purchased by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization for the NHSO, are for home use and are not the professional use type, which has been approved by WHO.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/cabinet-u-turns-on-covid-19-antigen-test-kits-who-standards/

So totally ignore the advice by the Rural Doctors Association who have been helping the government tackle the pandemic in Bangkok and throughout Thailand using antigen test kits. Slap in the face for all their hard work.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

If they think that vaccinations will eradicate cases, and even hospitalizations, they may be disappointed. Thailand seems to be so far behind the curve with its response, it’s almost laughable.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/us-data-show-rising-covid-19-breakthrough-infections-among-fully-vaccinated-2133891

Well they've only just worked out that Delta is as infectious as chinkenpox so don't rush them. Oh yeah. They still think herd immunity is possible with Delta. These people are in charge. What a joke. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Long Covid is a very real and scary prospect for anybody that has contracted Covid.

The effects can be so different from one patient to the next, but with all the cases the underlying fact is that the patient is debilitated for many Months after " recovery ".

The Thai Health Authorities probably dont even know what ' long Covid "is, and if they do, they have probably been told to ignore it as there are not many cases, and they really dont matter.

Army terminology......... Collateral damage

Do you not know about green chiretta? Sure that will help. Someone is making a fortune from this nonsence. I can't believe they actually said it will help asymptomatic people. Not the sharpest tools in the shed this lot.

• Haha 1

One sure way of catching the virus, send them to prison:

According to protest leader@PanusayaS.

Pai Daodin, Mike Rayong both have contracted Covid-19 in jail.

Another protest leader Penguin Parit Chiwarak remains in critical condition following his infection with the disease.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1430396771092422659

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 974 new cases today and 12 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (251), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (147), and Si Racha (287). There are now 18,942 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1430317639709040640

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/25/chonburi-reports-974-new-covid-19-cases-with-12-deaths-1361-people-recovered/