PM speaks of "New Thailand" and Anutin suggests mall and restaurant opening imminent

webfact

13 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Sure 59%. Much lower than other vaccines. 

Chinese-made vaccines not effective against Delta variant after one dose - Thailand News - ASEAN NOW formerly Thai Visa Forum

Just very sad to read you are actually promoting what they are doing. Very sad!

As I commented in that same thread, you are referencing a headline and article from the very sensationalist Thai Enquirer.

A strangely selective reporting of the findings in my honest opinion...which appears designed to generate traffic rather than establishing credible facts.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, realfunster said:

As I commented in that same thread, you are referencing a headline and article from the very sensationalist Thai Enquirer.

A strangely selective reporting of the findings in my honest opinion...which appears designed to generate traffic rather than establishing credible facts.

Spot on. The same sensationalist stuff you see written in forums like this day in day out. 

It's too early to open next month. The daily new cases are still high and vaccination percentage is still low at around 8 % fully vaccinated.

Thailand didn't learn its lessons in the third and fourth waves.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

No, not much lower, again an exaggeration. 
 If promoting you mean in agreement, then yes I am. 

The real people of Thailand, not the armchair foreigners , are suffering through homelessness, jobless, and a wide range of health and mental health issues apart from Covid related.

They need their  lives back and the children need to be educated back in school. 

Sure, everything you say that they need I am totally in agreement with. Wouldn´t you say that the best way to do that, would be to give them a good start with the help of quality vaccines?

A new Thailand??? why are we waiting since 2018 for a law for the same sex marriage or Civil Union Bill.. almost 4 years after approval and still nothing happened... Is that an idea of a new Thailand? Same as approval of vaccines, so slowly in a time that Thailand wants to go to space???  Yes maybe maybe with a spacecake, but if it is a delaying things it is number one.. Red Bull case in 10 years  and many investigations they still need some 16 months.. Come on start in the 21st century instead of staying in the 19th...

52 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Feel free to believe that. Why don´t go get a Sinovac directly. ???? 

in a new Thailand everybody is registered in their place where they live, and not as now in a bluebook an living somewhere else.. So the Government knows who is living where and how many in a province. Than Everybody has to fill in a tax form for 3 years. The tax office knows who is doing what and earns what or what their possessions are.  Than they can set up a good system for the elderly and poor  people. Yes the richest will pay more taxes but in the end everybody will benefit. It will be easier to find corruption and drugsbarons. And the economy will improve because the elderly and poor will have  less poverty. And the health care system should be reorganized too.  No long waiting hours in hospitals for a 1 minute talk to a doctor.. Emergencies and serious problems and illnesses go to hospitals and all other things you can do at the doctors clinic. Now sometimes people go to hospital because they have headache but  a normal doctor can handle that perfectly...and so many more things... That is a ne wThailand

You can't continually stoke the fear of the public by rolling out your health ministers and academics to hype "variants", and "cases", and "future pandemics" and return to any semblance of "normal."  It ain't gonna happen.  One is the antithesis of the other.

"New Thailand" equals "New Normal."  "New Thailand" will be some abstract abortion that continues to bleed the middle and lower classes while transferring the nation's wealth to the richest and at the same time keeping a knee on the neck of the populace - pretty much forever.

"New Thailand" will be a sick abstraction of what Thailand used to be which will not bode well for most average Thai citizens - well, unless you are a fan of dystopian novels, then you'll love 'new normal' and the soul-crushing repression that comes with it.  Welcome to the rings Dante's paradise!

• Thanks 1

"..health ministry was proposing that only fully vaccinated diners be allowed in the restaurants, at least at first." and start in September? I'd love to contribute to economy in restaurants, but I've had one dose of AZ July 31. Second one scheduled for October 22.... can it be moved up to match the openings?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

It's too early to open next month. The daily new cases are still high and vaccination percentage is still low at around 8 % fully vaccinated.

Thailand didn't learn its lessons in the third and fourth waves.

By way of comparison, Australia - an island-continent with mostly non-porous borders - is currently at 31% fully vaxed. They are now having the debate whether to open up fully when they reach 70% or 80% fully vaxed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

More cliche nonsense. 

Sinovac is a working vaccine. Maybe not as efficient as others but latest studies with Delta show good efficacy and excellent prevention from serious illness. 

Perhaps post those studies so that your comments have some basis to be believed. Otherwise it’s just unsupported hype.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

By way of comparison, Australia - an island-continent with mostly non-porous borders - is currently at 31% fully vaxed. They are now having the debate whether to open up fully when they reach 70% or 80% fully vaxed.

And look where they are at present. Covid is hardly anywhere near manageable

3 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Prayuth informed his followers of plans to stimulate the Thai economy with 95,500 new jobs and 4,303 separate projects across 35 provinces.

They meet only with industry leaders, what about all the mum and pop stalls and shops? What about schools, vaccination for all 12 and over? What about the bars and all the rest ? Open them all and vaccinations for the 80%.

No it’s about money and big business pays! 
Buy enough vaccines to do everyone twice and then enough for the booster!

• Like 1