PM speaks of "New Thailand" and Anutin suggests mall and restaurant opening imminent

webfact

Why open the schools, why educate the proletariat,  the hisos  need to keep the masses uneducated and stupid, how else can they get the rice cut  and all those tuk tuk drivers the country needs. Education in the wrong hands is dangerous, particularly if your a dictator.

7 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Why open the schools, why educate the proletariat,  the hisos  need to keep the masses uneducated and stupid, how else can they get the rice cut  and all those tuk tuk drivers the country needs. Education in the wrong hands is dangerous, particularly if your a dictator.

But how will they ....oh never mind, life is tenuous as it is. Poor is poor never to have more than a few grains alloted.

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Right! There is no choice. Either you open up and take the consequences of that decision or you take the effect of closing down for long time.

OK , lets walk down each option based on knowledge gained in the US. They are 50% vaccinated with superior vaccines, they opened up. Two days ago the US confirmed 569,000 new cases. For Thailand to be on par you would expect to have 126,500 new cases yet we had only 17,000 with only 12% vaccinated with questionable vaccines. Why the vast difference, the shutdown is working. Open up and there is no reason to believe within weeks based on only 12% vaccinated we would be on par with the US. If you disagree tell me what you base it on. Does opening up out weigh ending up on par with the US with 100,000 plus cases per day and 1500 deaths per day? I can't see how, enlighten me with facts of a country that opened up with a 12% vaccination rate which was at the same time experiencing record highs in new cases and deaths? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jazzdog32095 said:

OK , lets walk down each option based on knowledge gained in the US. They are 50% vaccinated with superior vaccines, they opened up. Two days ago the US confirmed 569,000 new cases. For Thailand to be on par you would expect to have 126,500 new cases yet we had only 17,000 with only 12% vaccinated with questionable vaccines. Why the vast difference, the shutdown is working. Open up and there is no reason to believe within weeks based on only 12% vaccinated we would be on par with the US. If you disagree tell me what you base it on. Does opening up out weigh ending up on par with the US with 100,000 plus cases per day and 1500 deaths per day? I can't see how, enlighten me with facts of a country that opened up with a 12% vaccination rate which was at the same time experiencing record highs in new cases and deaths? 

Of course I agree with you, but you did not quote my post. or you just did not understand my post.

What I said is that there are no more choices:

• You open up and take the consequences of that decision. (Meaning: a lot of infections and deaths, but the economy will grow stronger.)
  • You take the effect of closing down for long time. (Meaning: Economy suffer and more people stay alive and less infections.)

How in the world can your quote of my post be related to that? You are talking deaths per day compared to the US???? Where did I mention or oppose that?

2 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Yes keep them uneducated and stupid, can't have them knowing the difference between your and you're. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Of course I agree with you, but you did not quote my post. or you just did not understand my post.

What I said is that there are no more choices:

• You open up and take the consequences of that decision. (Meaning: a lot of infections and deaths, but the economy will grow stronger.)
  • You take the effect of closing down for long time. (Meaning: Economy suffer and more people stay alive and less infections.)

How in the world can your quote of my post be related to that? You are talking deaths per day compared to the US???? Where did I mention or oppose that?

I mentioned the US only as a road map as to what to expect under certain circumstances. The US experience taught us two things, (1) vaccines work very well (2) opening up puts the unvaccinated at huge risk of infection with Delta. Clearly there is cause and effect working here. Not you but many here preach just open up and live with it. The US has shown us the price to be paid and it's brutal. I say stay the course and keep serious pressure on the Government to provide more and more vaccines ( picking up speed ) plus financial assistance for those in need ( got a long way to go there, a one-time 3000baht is a joke ).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

I mentioned the US only as a road map as to what to expect under certain circumstances. The US experience taught us two things, (1) vaccines work very well (2) opening up puts the unvaccinated at huge risk of infection with Delta. Clearly there is cause and effect working here. Not you but many here preach just open up and live with it. The US has shown us the price to be paid and it's brutal. I say stay the course and keep serious pressure on the Government to provide more and more vaccines ( picking up speed ) plus financial assistance for those in need ( got a long way to go there, a one-time 3000baht is a joke ).

I don't know about vaccines working very well, Delta's still going well in heavily vaccinated countries, in fact 2 seeders in the NZ outbreak were nurses fully vaccinated with Pfizer. 

The government is talking about a third Pfizer shot. 

Pfizer only 42% efficacy against Delta, does not stop infection or spread, only might stop you from dying. Source Rnz National news. 

Meanwhile India appears to be getting out of Delta's grip, 97.5 recovery rate over 67% have developed natural antibodies. 

India has a very low % of population vaccinated. Source India Today News. 

To me that looks like herd immunity ell natural. 

Politicians seem to be deaf to this as every second word you hear now in Australia and NZ is Vaccinate. 

Warning this India phenomenon could occur elsewhere. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I don't know about vaccines working very well, Delta's still going well in heavily vaccinated countries, in fact 2 seeders in the NZ outbreak were nurses fully vaccinated with Pfizer. 

Pfizer only 42% efficacy against Delta, does not stop infection or spread, only might stop you from dying. Source Rnz National news. 

Meanwhile India appears to be getting out of Delta's grip, 97.5 recovery rate over 67% have developed natural antibodies. 

Politicians seem to be deaf to this as every second word you hear now in Australia and NZ is Vaccinate. 

99% of new US infections are unvaccinated.  Pfizer is very good. With billions on the line of course people will be paid to plant spins. Would you prefer Sinovac or AZ ?  Or get sick as **** and join the herd. India they have little choice with 436,000 dead. Don't believe for a second claim of seven day average deaths --zero, jaja

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Excess mortality data indicates that over 4 million died in India from Covid.

I guess those are acceptable losses for you.